Page 618 of 2877 FirstFirst ... 118 518 568 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 668 718 1118 1618 ... LastLast
Results 9,256 to 9,270 of 43154

Thread: Yuzuru Hanyu

  1. #9256
    Figure Skating Is A Beautiful Sport smasma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    291

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ayarose View Post
    Maybe he's in a routine like: home - rink - home - rink - home - rink - therapy - home - rink - home - grocery - rest - rink?
    Yeah, robot Yuzu is in full auto mode!

    Quote Originally Posted by ayarose View Post
    He's too focused on skating and schooling to venture out farther than where he should be, except of course when there's baseball.
    Well, baseball field might be a little bit out of his "comfort zone", but I'll give him a push and tell him to go for it any day! I'll even do it for Niagara Falls too! Perhaps after he graduate from university. He's too young to refine himself in his daily routine. He should see the world!

  2. #9257
    Say no to horrendous costumes Meoima's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    North of the world
    Posts
    11,017

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuzusan View Post
    Concerning his SP, no one will be better than PW, in terms of fun and points. He reached a peak. He will continue to win but with less interesting program in the future I think.
    His artistry is not yet at peak, as well as his jumps. In term of choreography, maybe it will not be as fun. But in term of improvement, Yuzuru has lots to improve. Speed, edges, posture, flow... Everything and I am sure he is aiming for that.

  3. #9258
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Chiba, Japan
    Posts
    819

    0 Not allowed!
    In Japan, there is a category of Manga or Anime, or maybe novels, called "Spokon", mixed word of Sports+Konjo (meaning guts), featuring heroes or heroines who devote themselves in sports.

    For example, "Captain Tsubasa, AKA Flash Kicker", "The Prince of Tennis", "Aim for the Ace!", "Star of the Giants" (a bit old one ), and also there are figure skater stories including "Blizzard Axel".

    http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E3%82%...83%9D%E6%A0%B9

    Interestingly, there is an Italian Wiki about this. Maybe you can google this into English.

    http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spokon

    Lots of Japanese (including me ) are thinking Yuzuru's life is nothing but a "Spokon"

  4. #9259
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    264

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by SuzyQ View Post
    In Japan, there is a category of Manga or Anime, or maybe novels, called "Spokon", mixed word of Sports+Konjo (meaning guts), featuring heroes or heroines who devote themselves in sports.

    For example, "Captain Tsubasa, AKA Flash Kicker", "The Prince of Tennis", "Aim for the Ace!", "Star of the Giants" (a bit old one ), and also there are figure skater stories including "Blizzard Axel".

    http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E3%82%...83%9D%E6%A0%B9

    Interestingly, there is an Italian Wiki about this. Maybe you can google this into English.

    http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spokon

    Lots of Japanese are thinking Yuzuru's life is nothing but a "Spokon"
    I am not surprised there is an Italian wiki page, that genre of anime is extremely popular here with people in their 20s and 30s. People who otherwise are not interested in anime/manga or Japan, but who all grew up watching Captain Tsubasa and Attacker YOU!

  5. #9260
    Yuzu Tracker msteach3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    NW USA
    Posts
    510

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ayarose View Post
    Maybe he's in a routine like: home - rink - home - rink - home - rink - therapy - home - rink - home - grocery - rest - rink? He's too focused on skating and schooling to venture out farther than where he should be, except of course when there's baseball.
    It's this dedication and focus that enabled Yuzu to become Olympic and World champion at the younge age of 19. There are so few teens who could accomplish this much. He really is special and one of a kind.

  6. #9261
    Bona Fide Member Hanmgse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow where blue birds fly
    Posts
    2,770

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by msteach3 View Post
    It's this dedication and focus that enabled Yuzu to become Olympic and World champion at the younge age of 19. There are so few teens who could accomplish this much. He really is special and one of a kind.
    Yes! The focus that he has is huge!. It would be nice if he also spends a little time on more activities though

  7. #9262
    trying to find a working stream.. satine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    running the vuvuzela crematorium
    Posts
    4,771

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanmgse View Post
    Yes! The focus that he has is huge!. It would be nice if he also spends a little time on more activities though
    I think it's all about balance It's the focus that drives him to such success, but of course he needs to have time for other things as well, lest he burn out.

  8. #9263
    Medalist yhmafan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,356

    0 Not allowed!
    Sometimes what surprises me is that he is still 19.
    Considering his age, I think there is still a lot of room for improvement and I hope he will accomplish whatever he needs ,beyond my imagination

  9. #9264
    On the Ice lbc2138's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    406

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanmgse View Post
    Yes! The focus that he has is huge!. It would be nice if he also spends a little time on more activities though
    I think any Olympic athlete can tell a similar story. So it doesn't surprise me nor do I feel the need to wish them of any other life style since it's their own goals they're trying to accomplish. When Michael Phelps was training for Beijing, all he literally did was eat, sleep and swim. These athletes put so much into their sport and it's only the results that we really get to witness.

  10. #9265
    Medalist
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,421

    0 Not allowed!
    You mean he didn't mention his beloved Pooh, earphones, or games in the interview??? I am quite glad he at least have these things aside from skating that he loves.

  11. #9266
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Chiba, Japan
    Posts
    819

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalina View Post
    I am not surprised there is an Italian wiki page, that genre of anime is extremely popular here with people in their 20s and 30s. People who otherwise are not interested in anime/manga or Japan, but who all grew up watching Captain Tsubasa and Attacker YOU!
    Thank you Kalina

    I heard lots of famous Italian footballer read Captain Tsubasa when they were children and wanted be like Tsubasa-kun. This surprised Japanese people and made us happy as well. Also, the reason why Italian valleyball team has become strong is that girls loved Atacker YOU. It's so interesting and we are glad to hear that. Actually, I loved Atacker YOU (don't ask my age please), and my favorite is "Aim for the Ace!"

    It is true that many children start a certain sport because of Manga or Anime in Japan, although there is not so many figure skating stories, maybe because figure skating was not a major sport here.

    In any case, the keys of Spokon is sweat and tears, rivalry and friendship, and defeats and victory.

    I really thought his victory of the Worlds 2014 was nothing but the Manga world

  12. #9267
    #StayTogether Wo|flax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Misery Company
    Posts
    700

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by SuzyQ View Post
    Thank you Kalina

    I heard lots of famous Italian footballer read Captain Tsubasa when they were children and wanted be like Tsubasa-kun. This surprised Japanese people and made us happy as well. Also, the reason why Italian valleyball team has become strong is that girls loved Atacker YOU. It's so interesting and we are glad to hear that. Actually, I loved Atacker YOU (don't ask my age please), and my favorite is "Aim for the Ace!"

    It is true that many children start a certain sport because of Manga or Anime in Japan, although there is not so many figure skating stories, maybe because figure skating was not a major sport here.

    In any case, the keys of Spokon is sweat and tears, rivalry and friendship, and defeats and victory.

    I really thought his victory of the Worlds 2014 was nothing but the Manga world
    hehe lots of his come from behind victories are manga-y. hell the grand prix series with Patrick was like someone had practically copied the plot from a manga lol. It's interesting he describes himself as like a manga hero, but the single-minded determination is like duh.
    Not really related- I have not read any of the manga mentioned here (or heard of some of it even), I've only read recent sports manga

  13. #9268
    Bona Fide Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    En algún lugar de un gran país
    Posts
    2,386

    0 Not allowed!
    I love sport manga: Captain Tsubasa, Dash!, Hikaru no GO (can be called a sport?), Chihayafuru (<3), anything by Adachi Mitsuru, OOKIKU FURIKABUTTE, KUROKO NO BASUKE , 21 Eyeshild, Prince of Tennis (the frist series), Giant Killing, all are great.

    There is actually a manga about Ice Dance called Kiss and Never Cry

  14. #9269
    trying to find a working stream.. satine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    running the vuvuzela crematorium
    Posts
    4,771

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by cruzceleste View Post
    I love sport manga: Captain Tsubasa, Dash!, Hikaru no GO (can be called a sport?), Chihayafuru (<3), anything by Adachi Mitsuru, OOKIKU FURIKABUTTE, KUROKO NO BASUKE , 21 Eyeshild, Prince of Tennis (the frist series), Giant Killing, all are great.

    There is actually a manga about Ice Dance called Kiss and Never Cry
    One Outs is so underrated..

  15. #9270
    Say no to horrendous costumes Meoima's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    North of the world
    Posts
    11,017

    0 Not allowed!
    Back to Yuzuru, now they are bashing his body type which I find quite absurd. I mean it's not much different from bashing lady skaters for their weight.
    I am so for Yuzuru because of his stubborn on the layout. I mean, seriously I think he could just win with his previous layout of last season, why make it higher I don't get it. So worried for his body.

Page 618 of 2877 FirstFirst ... 118 518 568 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 668 718 1118 1618 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •