Page 619 of 912 FirstFirst ... 119 519 569 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 669 719 ... LastLast
Results 9,271 to 9,285 of 13676

Thread: Yuzuru Hanyu

Quote Originally Posted by angelfacehanyu View Post
    i never even knew the 3 combo jump where the single loop is in the middle part even existed before I saw yuzuru. up until that point i only saw ladies and regarded their jumps as "the best and the hardest" jumps because i was so bombarded by the media hype of ladies singles.
    Anna Pogorilaya did 3Loop-1Loop-3Salchow combination. And if I remember correctly, Tara Lipinski did a 3-1loop-3salchow combination during the Nagano olympics. So women do, do the jump. I guess not a lot choose to.

Custom Title
    http://sp.plus-blog.sportsnavi.com/y...nbow/article/5

*(300 points? wow!! thats quite high of an expectation which i hope wont pressure yuzu too much )

Custom Title
    he could have done 300 points already previous season if he would have gone fully clean with nicely landed quad sal and not messed last spin in GPF : )

Quote Originally Posted by annca View Post
    http://sp.plus-blog.sportsnavi.com/y...nbow/article/5

*(300 points? wow!! thats quite high of an expectation which i hope wont pressure yuzu too much )
    This is assuming he can pull off another 100 points with his short program. Given that it does have a slightly higher base value, will his PCS stay the same say if he executed the program perfectly? I felt the reason why Yuzuru was getting such good scores with PW was because of the way he played with the program. It was extremely musical and he looked very fun and flirty doing it. As much as I like the Chopin SP, there's not too much of a "wow" factor that I was used to with Etude and PW (wasn't actually a fan of his previous SPs either though...)

Quote Originally Posted by HanDomi View Post
    he could have done 300 points already previous season if he would have gone fully clean with nicely landed quad sal and not messed last spin in GPF : )
    I was just gonna say the same thing! It still would have been close though, of course.
    Here are the sp & fs protocols, for review to anyone who's interested

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by HanDomi View Post
    In Japanese Nationals he was even closer to 300~ He scored 297.80. But I guess it doesn't really count since it's not ISU competition :P

Custom Title
    yes.. i'm quite aware that he was close to 300 last year and the article states it too ...

im just stating that expecting him to have 300 points or more base on elements alone without even seeing the whole program is quite a big expectation that i hope wont hinder him at this start of season. but for sure it wont

Thanks SuzyQ, seabm7, and ayarose for the explanations!
    Max never actually did the 3T part of his 3A combo ayarose - does anyone remember if anyone else has ever gotten this where they've stumbled, done the jump anyway, got SEQ and jump discounted? (+no zayak)

Custom Title
    Another fanart of Yuzu's LP costume. It is very JW-style.
    https://31.media.tumblr.com/53a3ef04...2vvo1_1280.jpg

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by seabm7 View Post
    My understanding is that the way to calculate points for a planned sequence and for a failed-combination-became-sequence are different. For a planned sequence, they sum up the points of two highest-value jumps out of all the jumps used in the sequence, then multiply by 80%.

Here is the corresponding sentence from the rulebook (The 2012-2013 version I found from the wikipedia entry).
    https://web.archive.org/web/20130510...-0-file,00.pdf

According to his olympic FS protocol, he got 3Lz+1Lo+Seq in the second half of the program. So the base value is (6.0 + 0.5) * 0.8 * 1.1 = 5.72
    Thanks for the correction, I haven't really fully understood this CoP judging full hand. I was more concerned with the Zayaking rules because of Nobu. And now I have to update myself on the technical guidelines since doubles can now be only repeated twice and the rules on combination/seq/repeated 3/4 now changed.

Quote Originally Posted by SuzyQ View Post
    Oh, you are right. Then, his sequence in Sochi was 3Lz+1Lo+sequence in any case.

But as it is a failed combination jump, what you referred is applied, I think.
    A jump combination entails that the landing foot of the jump is the take off foot of the succeeding jump and that there must be no intervening non-listed jump and or hops in between. Here's the link to the 2014 provisional regulations and rules

Quote Originally Posted by WoChair View Post
    Thanks SuzyQ, seabm7, and ayarose for the explanations!
    Max never actually did the 3T part of his 3A combo ayarose - does anyone remember if anyone else has ever gotten this where they've stumbled, done the jump anyway, got SEQ and jump discounted? (+no zayak)
    Yes he wasn't able to do the 3T and that extra step made it a sequence. Hmmm, I'll try to look into that, I'm not sure if the Sochi site is still up but the attempted/planned protocol for the skaters were published there with the completed protocol during the Olympics so it's faster to look at. You could also go through each skaters LP if you have time

Quote Originally Posted by skatefan22 View Post
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

I'm gonna have to go with a 'please no' on this one.

Say no to horrendous costumes Meoima's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lbc2138 View Post
    This is assuming he can pull off another 100 points with his short program. Given that it does have a slightly higher base value, will his PCS stay the same say if he executed the program perfectly? I felt the reason why Yuzuru was getting such good scores with PW was because of the way he played with the program. It was extremely musical and he looked very fun and flirty doing it. As much as I like the Chopin SP, there's not too much of a "wow" factor that I was used to with Etude and PW (wasn't actually a fan of his previous SPs either though...)
    Agree. I like Chopin SP because it has different aura from PW. But I am not sure if Chopin SP can triumph his PW in term of score. I think Japanese media has put too much pressure on him. After all, his aim was for 2018, not just next season. All the wow programs should be saved for 2017 and 2018 seasons.

Oh no... The colors are fine but the design is definitely not what I envision.

fairy dust distributor ~Pamina~'s Avatar
    those lacing leg-thingies are fantastic but I want them on the back of the thigh and all the way up to the bedazzled butt-mask!

Quote Originally Posted by Meoima View Post
    Agree. I like Chopin SP because it has different aura from PW. But I am not sure if Chopin SP can triumph his PW in term of score. I think Japanese media has put too much pressure on him. After all, his aim was for 2018, not just next season. All the wow programs should be saved for 2017 and 2018 seasons.
    That's what I was thinking. I liked that he mentioned that just because he's Olympic champion doesn't mean he'll win everything (though I don't see any other contenders besides Javi and maybe Tatsuki)

While I'm sure Yuzu would like to dominate the next quad with amazing scores all the time, it won't necessarily be the case if he's trying to build himself towards the Olympics. That said, he's definitely not the type to fall behind the younger ones... I hope he gets to play with different styles before finding the style he is most comfortable with (which I feel like is rock-ish music) and bring back for the Olympics.

Page 619 of 912 FirstFirst ... 119 519 569 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 669 719 ... LastLast