Page 620 of 671 FirstFirst ... 120 520 570 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 670 ... LastLast
Results 9,286 to 9,300 of 10055

Thread: Yuzuru Hanyu

Quote Originally Posted by skatefan22 View Post
    Another fanart of Yuzu's LP costume. It is very JW-style.
    https://31.media.tumblr.com/53a3ef04...2vvo1_1280.jpg

Oh no... The colors are fine but the design is definitely not what I envision.

fairy dust distributor ~Pamina~'s Avatar
    those lacing leg-thingies are fantastic but I want them on the back of the thigh and all the way up to the bedazzled butt-mask!

Quote Originally Posted by Meoima View Post
    Agree. I like Chopin SP because it has different aura from PW. But I am not sure if Chopin SP can triumph his PW in term of score. I think Japanese media has put too much pressure on him. After all, his aim was for 2018, not just next season. All the wow programs should be saved for 2017 and 2018 seasons.
    That's what I was thinking. I liked that he mentioned that just because he's Olympic champion doesn't mean he'll win everything (though I don't see any other contenders besides Javi and maybe Tatsuki)

While I'm sure Yuzu would like to dominate the next quad with amazing scores all the time, it won't necessarily be the case if he's trying to build himself towards the Olympics. That said, he's definitely not the type to fall behind the younger ones... I hope he gets to play with different styles before finding the style he is most comfortable with (which I feel like is rock-ish music) and bring back for the Olympics.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Pamina~ View Post
    those lacing leg-thingies are fantastic but I want them on the back of the thigh and all the way up to the bedazzled butt-mask!
    Pamina stop You make me imagine such devastating things!

I'm for asymmetry if it's done well ...

buuut this doesn't really bode too well, trying to play both Christine and the Phantom haha

Let Kanako be Christine please :D

Size 7 Knife Boots Sam-Skwantch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by satine94 View Post
    ^This

I am both and (!)

good!
    you have to think positive I'm pretty sure if more people would imagine stuff like that, they'd be much less shocked by the actual costume in the end

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Pamina~ View Post
    good!
    you have to think positive I'm pretty sure if more people would imagine stuff like that, they'd be much less shocked by the actual costume in the end
    But Pamina, that's assuming it wont be more outrageous. What if there's two butt masks for example?

Quote Originally Posted by WoChair View Post
    But Pamina, that's assuming it wont be more outrageous. What if there's two butt masks for example?
    then I hit the double jackpot

My god, what if he fell and cracked one of his buttmasks??? What would we do??

Custom Title
    Looks like a new article about Yuzuru http://www.asahi.com/articles/DA3S11300320.html

Custom Title
    My god, what if he fell and cracked one of his buttmasks??? What would we do??
    I think it would be very symbolic of the Phantoms pain, suffering and cracked soul. The judges would give him 6.0 for artistry.

Hate fake smiles and horrendous costumes Meoima's Avatar
    From the other forum, I just copy and paste here:

post by yude » 15 Aug 2014 02:45

http://www.asahi.com/articles/DA3S11300320.html

This is the new article of Asahi news paper published on August 15, I don't subscribe for Asahi but I could read on this page (you have to log in but the membership is for free ) I am not sure if it is ok to translate whole article or not, so I'll make a small summary.

・He said, "The winning at the Olympics is the glory of the past."
    ・Having 3 quads in FP was Yuzuru's idea. "It was me said I wanted to".
    ・He isn't noticed by people very often when he walks on the streets in Canada. "Sometimes I am noticed by Chinese or Asian people in the places like super-market. By Canadian? No (laughs)." He said that it was good environment to concentrate on training.
    ・He hasn't been to Niagara falls (yet!). "I just go to the rink and come back home. I don't go downtown. But I hope I'll be able to see Masahiro Tanaka (a pitcher in Major league) in a game once."
    ・"I think I may be a passionate athlete in Manga or Anime. I don't like shopping in particular and I'm not interested in fashion. I am in Canada to do figure skating, so I like my life now more than using energy for other things."

I felt that Yuzuru had not been changed at all in a very good way, he said that he would be aiming for "different Yuzuru Hanyu", "New Yuzuru Hanyu" for next four years regardless of the results. "If I quit (skating), I might have been arrogant by now saying "I am the Olympic Champion!"", he said

・Having 3 quads in FP was Yuzuru's idea. "It was me said I wanted to".
    You don't say.

・He isn't noticed by people very often when he walks on the streets in Canada. "Sometimes I am noticed by Chinese or Asian people in the places like super-market. By Canadian? No (laughs)." He said that it was good environment to concentrate on training.
    This is great to hear. It's nice he can live his life pretty much as he wants and not have to be a shut-in all the time.

"I think I may be a passionate athlete in Manga or Anime. I don't like shopping in particular and I'm not interested in fashion."
    Hm, this translated bit is slightly cryptic, eh?

generally interested fan Esopian's Avatar
    Agree. I like Chopin SP because it has different aura from PW. But I am not sure if Chopin SP can triumph his PW in term of score. I think Japanese media has put too much pressure on him. After all, his aim was for 2018, not just next season. All the wow programs should be saved for 2017 and 2018 seasons.
    Yeah, the 'wow' programs should be saved for the 2018 Olympics because by then, he would know which types of music suits him the most and what he most enjoys skating to. I think it's fine if Yuzu doesn't win all the competitions he enters this season because he already owns all of the titles. Most of all, I hope he just enjoys skating (doing what he does best).

Page 620 of 671 FirstFirst ... 120 520 570 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 670 ... LastLast