Page 621 of 706 FirstFirst ... 121 521 571 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 671 ... LastLast
Results 9,301 to 9,315 of 10585

Thread: Yuzuru Hanyu

Custom Title
    Actually, Yuzu sets his season's goal quite ambitious.

He left a wish message of Japanese star festival (Tanabata) in Ice Rink Sendai. He wrote two wishes this season:
    * SP and FS, no miss at all.
    * Japan Nationals, GPF and Worlds, the second consecutive year champions!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BvALfchCYAAMD3n.jpg:large

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by echotpe View Post
    Actually, Yuzu sets his season's goal quite ambitious.

He left a wish message of Japanese star festival (Tanabata) in Ice Rink Sendai. He wrote two wishes this season:
    * SP and FS, no miss at all.
    * Japan Nationals, GPF and Worlds, the second consecutive year champions!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BvALfchCYAAMD3n.jpg:large
    He can't even aim higher
    Hopefully it will drive him for the better. I really wanna see him skate two clean programs though.

And he totally is like a manga character. Troubled past, and he even has that kind of physique and face Honestly I'm expecting a new popular FS manga, after last season and the FS boom in Japan.

Custom Title
    Concerning his SP, no one will be better than PW, in terms of fun and points. He reached a peak. He will continue to win but with less interesting program in the future I think.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuzusan View Post
    Concerning his SP, no one will be better than PW, in terms of fun and points. He reached a peak. He will continue to win but with less interesting program in the future I think.

Points are not the problem. It is sure that if he will gain consistency on 4S he will be doing 2 quads SP

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ayarose View Post
    Maybe he's in a routine like: home - rink - home - rink - home - rink - therapy - home - rink - home - grocery - rest - rink?
    Yeah, robot Yuzu is in full auto mode!

He's too focused on skating and schooling to venture out farther than where he should be, except of course when there's baseball.
    Well, baseball field might be a little bit out of his "comfort zone", but I'll give him a push and tell him to go for it any day! I'll even do it for Niagara Falls too! Perhaps after he graduate from university. He's too young to refine himself in his daily routine. He should see the world!

Love popcorn, hate horendous costumes Meoima's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuzusan View Post
    His artistry is not yet at peak, as well as his jumps. In term of choreography, maybe it will not be as fun. But in term of improvement, Yuzuru has lots to improve. Speed, edges, posture, flow... Everything and I am sure he is aiming for that.

Custom Title
    In Japan, there is a category of Manga or Anime, or maybe novels, called "Spokon", mixed word of Sports+Konjo (meaning guts), featuring heroes or heroines who devote themselves in sports.

For example, "Captain Tsubasa, AKA Flash Kicker", "The Prince of Tennis", "Aim for the Ace!", "Star of the Giants" (a bit old one ), and also there are figure skater stories including "Blizzard Axel".

http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E3%82%...83%9D%E6%A0%B9

Interestingly, there is an Italian Wiki about this. Maybe you can google this into English.

http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spokon

Lots of Japanese (including me ) are thinking Yuzuru's life is nothing but a "Spokon"

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by SuzyQ View Post
    In Japan, there is a category of Manga or Anime, or maybe novels, called "Spokon", mixed word of Sports+Konjo (meaning guts), featuring heroes or heroines who devote themselves in sports.

For example, "Captain Tsubasa, AKA Flash Kicker", "The Prince of Tennis", "Aim for the Ace!", "Star of the Giants" (a bit old one ), and also there are figure skater stories including "Blizzard Axel".

http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E3%82%...83%9D%E6%A0%B9

Interestingly, there is an Italian Wiki about this. Maybe you can google this into English.

http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spokon

Lots of Japanese are thinking Yuzuru's life is nothing but a "Spokon"
    I am not surprised there is an Italian wiki page, that genre of anime is extremely popular here with people in their 20s and 30s. People who otherwise are not interested in anime/manga or Japan, but who all grew up watching Captain Tsubasa and Attacker YOU!

Maybe he's in a routine like: home - rink - home - rink - home - rink - therapy - home - rink - home - grocery - rest - rink? He's too focused on skating and schooling to venture out farther than where he should be, except of course when there's baseball.
    It's this dedication and focus that enabled Yuzu to become Olympic and World champion at the younge age of 19. There are so few teens who could accomplish this much. He really is special and one of a kind.

Custom Title
    Somewhere over the rainbow where blue birds fly
    Quote Originally Posted by msteach3 View Post
    It's this dedication and focus that enabled Yuzu to become Olympic and World champion at the younge age of 19. There are so few teens who could accomplish this much. He really is special and one of a kind.
    Yes! The focus that he has is huge!. It would be nice if he also spends a little time on more activities though

Quote Originally Posted by Hanmgse View Post
    Yes! The focus that he has is huge!. It would be nice if he also spends a little time on more activities though
    I think it's all about balance It's the focus that drives him to such success, but of course he needs to have time for other things as well, lest he burn out.

Sometimes what surprises me is that he is still 19.
    Considering his age, I think there is still a lot of room for improvement and I hope he will accomplish whatever he needs ,beyond my imagination

Quote Originally Posted by Hanmgse View Post
    I think any Olympic athlete can tell a similar story. So it doesn't surprise me nor do I feel the need to wish them of any other life style since it's their own goals they're trying to accomplish. When Michael Phelps was training for Beijing, all he literally did was eat, sleep and swim. These athletes put so much into their sport and it's only the results that we really get to witness.

On the Ice
    You mean he didn't mention his beloved Pooh, earphones, or games in the interview??? I am quite glad he at least have these things aside from skating that he loves.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalina View Post
    I am not surprised there is an Italian wiki page, that genre of anime is extremely popular here with people in their 20s and 30s. People who otherwise are not interested in anime/manga or Japan, but who all grew up watching Captain Tsubasa and Attacker YOU!
    Thank you Kalina

I heard lots of famous Italian footballer read Captain Tsubasa when they were children and wanted be like Tsubasa-kun. This surprised Japanese people and made us happy as well. Also, the reason why Italian valleyball team has become strong is that girls loved Atacker YOU. It's so interesting and we are glad to hear that. Actually, I loved Atacker YOU (don't ask my age please), and my favorite is "Aim for the Ace!"

It is true that many children start a certain sport because of Manga or Anime in Japan, although there is not so many figure skating stories, maybe because figure skating was not a major sport here.

In any case, the keys of Spokon is sweat and tears, rivalry and friendship, and defeats and victory.

I really thought his victory of the Worlds 2014 was nothing but the Manga world

Page 621 of 706 FirstFirst ... 121 521 571 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 671 ... LastLast