Page 622 of 919 FirstFirst ... 122 522 572 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 672 722 ... LastLast
Results 9,316 to 9,330 of 13784

Thread: Yuzuru Hanyu

Quote Originally Posted by SuzyQ View Post
    Thank you Kalina

I heard lots of famous Italian footballer read Captain Tsubasa when they were children and wanted be like Tsubasa-kun. This surprised Japanese people and made us happy as well. Also, the reason why Italian valleyball team has become strong is that girls loved Atacker YOU. It's so interesting and we are glad to hear that. Actually, I loved Atacker YOU (don't ask my age please), and my favorite is "Aim for the Ace!"

It is true that many children start a certain sport because of Manga or Anime in Japan, although there is not so many figure skating stories, maybe because figure skating was not a major sport here.

In any case, the keys of Spokon is sweat and tears, rivalry and friendship, and defeats and victory.

I really thought his victory of the Worlds 2014 was nothing but the Manga world
    hehe lots of his come from behind victories are manga-y. hell the grand prix series with Patrick was like someone had practically copied the plot from a manga lol. It's interesting he describes himself as like a manga hero, but the single-minded determination is like duh.
    Not really related- I have not read any of the manga mentioned here (or heard of some of it even), I've only read recent sports manga

Custom Title
    I love sport manga: Captain Tsubasa, Dash!, Hikaru no GO (can be called a sport?), Chihayafuru (<3), anything by Adachi Mitsuru, OOKIKU FURIKABUTTE, KUROKO NO BASUKE , 21 Eyeshild, Prince of Tennis (the frist series), Giant Killing, all are great.

There is actually a manga about Ice Dance called Kiss and Never Cry

Quote Originally Posted by cruzceleste View Post
    I love sport manga: Captain Tsubasa, Dash!, Hikaru no GO (can be called a sport?), Chihayafuru (<3), anything by Adachi Mitsuru, OOKIKU FURIKABUTTE, KUROKO NO BASUKE , 21 Eyeshild, Prince of Tennis (the frist series), Giant Killing, all are great.

There is actually a manga about Ice Dance called Kiss and Never Cry
    One Outs is so underrated..

Say no to horrendous costumes Meoima's Avatar
    Back to Yuzuru, now they are bashing his body type which I find quite absurd. I mean it's not much different from bashing lady skaters for their weight.
    I am so for Yuzuru because of his stubborn on the layout. I mean, seriously I think he could just win with his previous layout of last season, why make it higher I don't get it. So worried for his body.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by satine94 View Post
    One Outs is so underrated..
    Sorry, the drawings are not my style, so even when I have seem the title never have read it before. Care do to a sumary about it ?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Meoima View Post
    Back to Yuzuru, now they are bashing his body type which I find quite absurd. I mean it's not much different from bashing lady skaters for their weight.
    I am so for Yuzuru because of his stubborn on the layout. I mean, seriously I think he could just win with his previous layout of last season, why make it higher I don't get it. So worried for his body.
    where?

where?
    In a unrelated thread to Yuzuru and you shouldn't go there. I don't think we should all go there and talk back since the one who said that is obviously an anti. I hope for the conversation to die out.
    I am worried about Yuzuru's new layout, but given his stubbornness I guess there is no other choice. I wish him the best so all the body-type bashing should just stop. They even say Yuzuru's fans use his asthma as the excuse for him not doing well. Excuse me, Yuzuru not doing well yet he completed 2 quads 8 triples without any fall, a program that no one ever capable of doing.

fairy dust distributor ~Pamina~'s Avatar
    I guess it's just about raising the bar. And right now he pretty much is the bar, isn't he? *shrugs* add that to the list of things that are wrong with his body. Too bar-ish

Sorry, the drawings are not my style, so even when I have seem the title never have read it before. Care do to a sumary about it ?
    Oh, I know. The art took me a while to get used to. Basically a MLB player recruits this guy who's sort of a streetrat and causes a commotion for being a good gambler. He plays one outs, which is this one game that American soldiers introduced to Japanese citizens during the war (I think that's how the story went) where one batter and one pitcher go up against each other. The pitcher throws three times, if the batter hits any of them the batter wins, if they strike-out each time, the pitcher wins. The main guy isn't so great physically, but he's really good at reading people, so he knows what kind of 'balls' to throw at him. He ends up getting recruited and making bets with the owner of the baseball team and the other players. There's a lot of greed and cheating involved in the story.

Ahem ok back to Yuzu

Quote Originally Posted by ~Pamina~ View Post
    I guess it's just about raising the bar. And right now he pretty much is the bar, isn't he? *shrugs* add that to the list of things that are wrong with his body. Too bar-ish
    Yeah what a gross plank of a body he has. It really uglies up his jumps. -GOE all across the board. Shame on him and his family for giving him those genes

generally interested fan Esopian's Avatar
    Agree, Yuzuru really likes to challenges himself like crazy!! Hopefully he doesn't tire himself out these days while practicing and does some other fun things (that's not skating). A visit to Niagara Falls would be refreshing for anyone; he should find some time to actually do some sight-seeing.

Any more news on his possible appearance at the Cricket Club's exhibition gala at the end of August?

Custom Title
    In a unrelated thread to Yuzuru and you shouldn't go there. I don't think we should all go there and talk back since the one who said that is obviously an anti. I hope for the conversation to die out.
    I am worried about Yuzuru's new layout, but given his stubbornness I guess there is no other choice. I wish him the best so all the body-type bashing should just stop. They even say Yuzuru's fans use his asthma as the excuse for him not doing well. Excuse me, Yuzuru not doing well yet he completed 2 quads 8 triples without any fall, a program that no one ever capable of doing.

yeahh ive seen what she said .. when she said that "hanyu fans" were using asthma as an excuse, i was getting ready to explain things but held back since i dont want to cause another stir... obviously fond of the 2 boys she compares to yuzu, wish she would stop though

Quote Originally Posted by ~Pamina~ View Post
    I guess it's just about raising the bar. And right now he pretty much is the bar, isn't he? *shrugs*
    the thing is.. pchan did the same thing after 2010 olys.. he raised the bar pretty high with his layout that only him could actually reach. then came someone who was able to do the same and beat(?) him at his own game... im afraid that it could actually happen to yuzu too..
    he could have saved this layout for the next olys and just use the old layout since its pretty much still ahead of everybody's

Quote Originally Posted by annca View Post
    the thing is.. pchan did the same thing after 2010 olys.. he raised the bar pretty high with his layout that only him could actually reach. then came someone who was able to do the same and beat(?) him at his own game... im afraid that it could actually happen to yuzu too..
    he could have saved this layout for the next olys and just use the old layout since its pretty much still ahead of everybody's
    We follow a skater's path not because of their layout, it's mostly because we see something special in them, and we want to see that special thing again. I don't care much about Yuzuru winning gold anymore, since he owns all. I mean, we couldn't ask for more, GPF, OGM and WGM. I will be glad if he wins more and more, but in the end I care more about his health and mostly, I hope he will have more clean programs.

The thing with P.Chan is, he set the bar but he stays comfortable with it. He hasn't increased his BV for a while. With Yuzuru it's different, he knows so well about the bar. He doesn't stay in the comfort zone. His BV just keeps going up. I am thrilled but also scared for him.

But nevertheless, by raising up the bar for himself, no one will ever dare say that he plays it safe like Yuna or PChan (don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with Yuna and PChan, just repeating some lines people said about them). That mind set of Yuzuru, I know for sure will never change, regardless of the result.

Still feel very very worried over his health. I wish he would just stay safe, though. maybe he thinks it's okay to raise the bar as long as his body let him do it. But...crying!!! God damn it why does he have to be so stubborn?

PS: oh well, in the end the anti will just say, "His lack of body mass is bla bla bla, and he need to gain some weight....blabla, and he need to water down his program...blabla bla."

The thing with P.Chan is, he set the bar but he stays comfortable with it. He hasn't increased his BV for a while. With Yuzuru it's different, he knows so well about the bar. He doesn't stay in the comfort zone. His BV just keeps going up. I am thrilled but also scared for him.

But nevertheless, by raising up the bar for himself, no one will ever dare say that he plays it safe like Yuna or PChan (don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with Yuna and PChan, just repeating some lines people said about them). That mind set of Yuzuru, I know for sure will never change, regardless of the result.

Still feel very very worried over his health. I wish he would just stay safe, though. maybe he thinks it's okay to raise the bar as long as his body let him do it. But...crying!!! God damn it why does he have to be so stubborn?

PS: oh well, in the end the anti will just say, "His lack of body mass is bla bla bla, and he need to gain some weight....blabla, and he need to water down his program...blabla bla."
    soo... totally unrelated to Yuzuru, so please tell me to delete if it's completely inappropriate; but any idea why Patrick never put a 4T in the second half (like another person who has not so good axel but good quad- Lambiel), and moved the 2A to the front, where he might have a better shot at not messing it up? like I feel he might have done better.

The anti-s are just scared (I'm scared too tbqh, but excited also)

Custom Title
    There seems to be a mindset, particularly among the Japanese skaters, that you shouldn't win by just playing it safe, but should aspire to be the best that you can be even at the prospect of failure. Just like Asada who struggled through reworking her jump technique for years and refused to give up on her 3A, just like Takahashi who didn't even need the 4T which he fell on at the Vancouver Olympics (0 points!!!), in the end, it's not about winning because of other people, it's about winning against yourself.

People will say what they want about how Hanyu looks dead after an LP, but to me that doesn't show his weakness, it shows his strength. Strength of character, strength of his training, and strength of his self-belief.

Page 622 of 919 FirstFirst ... 122 522 572 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 672 722 ... LastLast