Page 65 of 935 FirstFirst ... 15 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 115 165 565 ... LastLast

Thread: Yuzuru Hanyu

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by FTnoona View Post
    So much for a fan thread where the post are asked to stay "positive and related to the skater/team accordingly".
    It's been getting more negative since his coaching change. Can some really not find one little positive thing to say about his coaching change and programs this season
    Yes, I believe this coach change for Yuzu has both pros and cons, but it's such pity when some says anything good about it in this thread, it's immediately got picked up on and turned into the negative way, it's so obvious in previous posts and everyone can see.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    The fan fest folder is for fans to say things like Yay, Hooray, -- that sort of thing. If you have "constructive criticism" to offer, start a new thread in the Edge if you simply must.
    CouldN't agree more.
    Last edited by sweet_Michelle; 02-03-2013 at 01:41 PM.

Rinkside
    Javi talking about Hanyu: "If he's 1st and I'm 2nd I'll be happy. I prefer him to be 1st than any other skater. He's a nice guy"

Fernandez is very sympathetic person.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by Konstancia View Post
    Javi talking about Hanyu: "If he's 1st and I'm 2nd I'll be happy. I prefer him to be 1st than any other skater. He's a nice guy"

Fernandez is very sympathetic person.
    Wow, I'm really touched by Javi's words.
    Thanks Konstancia! Do you have the source for this interview?
    Last edited by sweet_Michelle; 02-03-2013 at 01:40 PM.

Rinkside
    I could not find the full interview. Japan twitter. Reliable!
    As soon as I can find. He'll be here.

Rinkside
    I'm sorry, I can not find the source. It is possible that Spanish interview.

Rinkside
    Interview with Fernadez:
    Brian is a great coach. Cares about his students, and he tried in every way to help them. All things have improved a lot. I feel that I have changed a lot since I work with, and I like this change.

Custom Title
    It's been getting more negative since his coaching change. Can some really not find one little positive thing to say about his coaching change and programs this season
    I suppose much of the disappointment comes from the fact that Yuzu's dramatic flair, youthful passion and lyrical qualities have somewhat been absent from any of his competitive programs this season, particularly his free-skate, and his "Hello, I love you" EX. People are dissatisfied with the seemingly hampered growth of his expressive range ever since he switched coaches to Borser, which is one of his main appeal and one of the aspects of his skating which has endeared him to many of his fans.
    I won't be so quick as to judge Borser's competency. I prefer to just sit back and witness whatever pans out in the next year. To some people, Yuzu might have less-than-satisfying programs when compared to last season, but who knows if that'll change next season, now that he's got all his school-related matter settled out and can actually focus on his training in Canada.
    I think there are some positive things that can be said about the coaching change. Aside from his stamina, I think he's improved on his lines/posture, skating skills... though there's still a lot to work on. His 4T has become more consistent than ever before. And I, for one, adore his current SP. It's a nice departure from Yuzu's usual lyrical style and despite the initial negative reactions from both Japanese and international fans, it's turned out great and is still evolving. He even said recently that it's only 80% completed. And I'm honestly liking his "Hello, I love you" EX much more than when I first saw it. Could've been because I've seen it so many times that it's actually growing on me or because I'm Kurt-biased.
    Last edited by zydeco88; 02-03-2013 at 02:28 PM.

Rinkside
    At first I did not like Orser. But I admit that I was wrong. I only see the positive changes. Stamina .... Here is a bit of a problem, but I believe that once solved.
    The SP amazing! FS and not boring ... Many people say you only need to pay attention. Quasimodo is not Romeo. Quasimodo other presentation. I love Yuzu version

sorry my bad english
    Last edited by Konstancia; 02-03-2013 at 02:40 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by zydeco88 View Post
    I suppose much of the disappointment comes from the fact that Yuzu's dramatic flair, youthful passion and lyrical qualities have somewhat been absent from any of his competitive programs this season, particularly his free-skate, and his "Hello, I love you" EX. People are dissatisfied with the seemingly hampered growth of his expressive range ever since he switched coaches to Borser, which is one of his main appeal and one of the aspects of his skating which has endeared him to many of his fans.
    I think there are some positive things that can be said about the coaching change. Aside from his stamina, I think he's improved on his lines/posture, skating skills... though there's still a lot to work on. His 4T has become more consistent than ever before. And I, for one, adore his current SP. It's a nice departure from Yuzu's usual lyrical style and despite the initial negative reactions from both Japanese and international fans, it's turned out great and is still evolving. He even said recently that it's only 80% completed. =)
    I tend to agree with some of the negatives said about his FS, but I think it might also have to do with the music choice of using Notre Dame de Paris. Personally, I find the music's climax to have not as big as an impact compared to when the lyrics are sung too like in D/W's program. It's easy to focus on his current FS because his R&J program was skated with such emotion and he really rose to the challenge at World's with it. Is it the choreography or the music choice that effects the impact of his FS?

For me the flair and passion that was in his FS last year is in his SP this year. As you said, it is a departure from his lyrical style, but that will help him expands his expressive range. He looks more comfortable with the program each time he performs it. The "what if" side of me is wondering how his programs would be this year if Buttle did the choreography for his FS and Wilson the SP.

Quote Originally Posted by zydeco88 View Post
    I won't be so quick as to judge Borser's competency. I prefer to just sit back and witness whatever pans out in the next year.
    I agree with you on this one. For me his current FS gives off a feeling similar to his '10 FS - "let him get use to the new tech content and stay standing at the end of the program". His team obviously had to make adjustments to his FS to allow him a breathing/posing period.

Custom Title
    Javier's words are from this interview.

He says: "To train with of of my rivals... actually I'm happy to be training with him, he's a very normal guy, he's very nice, friendly. If we train together with the same coach, we're a team, even if we compete one against the other. If [in a competition] he's first and I'm second, I'll be happy. I'd prefer him to be first more than any other skater."

More or less. I'm just a student of Spanish, so I might have made mistakes.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalina View Post
    Javier's words are from this interview.

He says: "To train with of of my rivals... actually I'm happy to be training with him, he's a very normal guy, he's very nice, friendly. If we train together with the same coach, we're a team, even if we compete one against the other. If [in a competition] he's first and I'm second, I'll be happy. I'd prefer him to be first more than any other skater."
    More or less. I'm just a student of Spanish, so I might have made mistakes.
    Oh, Yes! Thank you Kalina!

Custom Title
    I have been busy recently and haven’t got time to come to GS. Seems like a lot has happened in this thread in last few days and I missed something. Anyway, it’s good that more people start to post more often here. I’m sure we’ll make this a very constructive Yay thread through our collective effort.

Also, I’m not too worried about Yuzru’s bad skate at JSC. Maybe he just had a bad day or something. It happens to all skaters. Plus, I’m surprised to see him trying quad and 3A from footwork in a show. Was he the only one who tried that at this show? I don’t get Japanese TV so only watched what was available on youtube. I only found Yuzru and Takahashi’s skates. Takahashi went for 3F, 3A, and 3Lz – a layout that would be considered difficult for shows. But Yuzru pushed himself harder and went for 4T, second-half 3A from footwork, and 3Lz3T. He made mistakes, but we rarely see someone going for such difficult jumps at shows though.

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_Michelle View Post
    For his program, I love his SP this season and the " hello I love you" Ex number. It'd be good if they are polishing the FS, but the technical elements he is doing for the FS is totally level-up, so I wouldn't mind too much if the FS is not as appealing as last season, remember the last time he did a level-up of his FS? That's the LP for season 2010-2011, which is no near as good as the Romeo LP as well.
    ITA. I like Yuzru’s SP and both “Hello, I Love You” and the Japanese EX programs. These are very different styles and he demonstrates a great versatility at this young age. Kudos to him. The LP is not that bad either. I like how he performed it at the GPF. Maybe Yuzru fans are spoiled by his R&J program last season that they have higher expection of Yuzru. But seriously many other skaters have worse programs. Yuzru’s LP at least has many difficult transitions, unlike some empty programs where you do a bunch of crossovers and take long time to prepare for your difficult jumps.

I remember how some people criticized Patrick’s programs choreographed by Lori. The critics also said that Patrick’s programs had no passion, no emotion, etc., but they did not see that the programs were much more difficult than everyone else because of challenging jump layout and busy transitions. Nowadays Patrick and Yuzru have most difficult programs in terms of transitions. I give Yuzru kudos for skating difficult programs and pulling off different styles at this young age.

Rinkside
    Lakeside: "The LP is not that bad either. I like how he performed it at the GPF. Maybe Yuzru fans are spoiled by his R&J program last season that they have higher expection of Yuzru. But seriously many other skaters have worse programs. Yuzru’s LP at least has many difficult transitions, unlike some empty programs where you do a bunch of crossovers and take long time to prepare for your difficult jumps."

I also enjoyed his LP at the GPF, especially that face with closed eyes and sigh right after the program. As Kurt commented, the program should be a great "stepping stone" for him in his career. Just hope he learns something from it in every way.
    Last edited by Miyabi; 02-03-2013 at 05:56 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by pitterpatter View Post

I'm not the biggest fan of his 'Hello I Love You' EX this season, but the teen stripper references are - his Vertigo program was in the same vein as this one, and he was even younger than he is now. Also, he's 18, not 8 you guys. Plushenko did 'Sex Bomb' at about this age, for goodness' sake.
    Actually in my opinion, he is much much more sexier in vertigo than hello I love you

I'm worry about his jump, but he had a lot of falls in shows and be in good form in competition before, so may be I'm over worrying.

Btw, Javier is so nice, classy guys.

Custom Title
    Is it the choreography or the music choice that effects the impact of his FS?
    I think both and he doesn't seem to be emotionally invested in the program either. He once said in an interview that if he can't relate to the music, he can't portray it well. And as such, we got a FS which is rather devoid of the dramatic awesomeness we saw last season and very calculated, as opposed to his SP which he seems to have actually bothered and taken the initiative to tweak around. Buttle even said that Yuzu was actively involved in the creative process and I can tell that he really enjoys performing every bit of it. And it could also be that he just hasn't shown anything he could do with his FS or as you've said, they're just having him get used to the new tech content. But as some people have pointed out, we've got to admire him for trying difficult jump elements that were preceded by difficult transitions.
    On a bright side, I read somewhere that David Wilson is rearranging his program, so hopefully we get to see a levelled-up FS in the upcoming 4CC.

Quote Originally Posted by lakeside View Post
    I like Yuzru’s SP and both “Hello, I Love You” and the Japanese EX programs. These are very different styles and he demonstrates a great versatility at this young age. Kudos to him.
    ITA.
    Last edited by zydeco88; 02-10-2013 at 08:32 AM.

Page 65 of 935 FirstFirst ... 15 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 115 165 565 ... LastLast