Page 66 of 672 FirstFirst ... 16 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 116 166 566 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 990 of 10072

Thread: Yuzuru Hanyu

  1. #976
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    2,188
    Quote Originally Posted by zydeco88 View Post
    I think he's improved on his lines/posture, skating skills... though there's still a lot to work on. His 4T has become more consistent than ever before.
    4T looks more consistent. But who can know if Yuzu wouldn't have the same result under Abe. I also wish Orser would teach him how to fall. That fall on 3A looks scary. In DOI at the similar fall people thought he would dislocate his shoulder, so awful the fall was. Falls happen, and to do it in a secure way for tha body trying to escape the inury as much as possible, should be in the lesson plan. But I disagree with you about lines/posture. Those are actually became way more terrible, round-shouldered and less attractive. It's seen in spins, in steps, in jump exits, basically- everywhere. Just to compare, here is his sitspin in R&J: www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFECk7AFMRo&t=5m17s and here in the current FP: www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHXt4d6itcY&t=5m12s Is it better? Really? How about the exit from 3A here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYkGYMYW69c&t=2m24s and this young-eagle-like: www.youtube.com/watch?v=wICH1Jpsq8M&t=0m06s Pardon but I find it much more appealing. It's not about what Yuzu didn't gain in Canada, it's also about what he lost there. I am sure when the result will be more positive, then more positive comments will come from public.

    Quote Originally Posted by lakeside View Post
    Takahashi went for 3F, 3A, and 3Lz – a layout that would be considered difficult for shows. But Yuzru pushed himself harder and went for 4T, second-half 3A from footwork, and 3Lz3T. He made mistakes, but we rarely see someone going for such difficult jumps at shows though.
    Then maybe you should watch shows more often, or read reports from those who do, either on GS or twitter or any other source you like. Dai did 4T at SOI as well, he normally goes for it in shows, either PIW or FrOI, in summer PIW he tried 4L multiple times. Kozuka- same: challenged 4T in all shows that I saw (PIW, THE ICE). The same about Mura (DOI, THE ICE). All top J-skaters who have quad challenge it in shows. So, it's not rare.
    Before you no one here was speaking about Yuzu's rivals, making "comparison" of what poor skaters they are in Yuzu's light. Simply because it's not related to the skater/team. As well as it doesn't work well for his PR image. We don't do it in Plu Fan Fest thread, or Dai's or Mao's or Akiko's, etc. I am aware of the fact that in Chan thread they occasionally used to speak in disparaging form about Jeremy and Dai. It's their fandom, if they want to do that, so let them. Yuzu is the representative of a different personality and another culture where such attitude to rivals is not welcome. So try to make more efforts in understanding that.

  2. #977
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    39
    I want to see more people have something nice to say about yuzu's team,his program,his improvement and his winning result without been picking on words by words constantly.
    No particularly reason,it's just cheer me up!
    I want to see more "bravo yuzu" rather than "poor yuzu"!
    Let's have a civilized conversation and cheerful thread for 4CC!
    I want to see hanyu breaking his PB in Osaka!

  3. #978
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    245
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    Oh, bleep. More work for the poor moderators. And just when I was about to settle in for the Super Bowl.

    The fan fest folder is for fans to say things like Yay, Hooray, -- that sort of thing. If you have "constructive criticism" to offer, start a new thread in the Edge if you simply must. (And if you have only unconstructive criticism -- don't. )
    Thanks Mathman!

  4. #979
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by Elsa G View Post
    I want to see more people have something nice to say about yuzu's team,his program,his improvement and his winning result without been picking on words by words constantly.
    No particularly reason,it's just cheer me up!
    I want to see more "bravo yuzu" rather than "poor yuzu"!
    Reminds me again how it was written on Forum index page "Please keep posts positive" for Fan Fests features threads.

    Quote Originally Posted by Elsa G View Post
    Let's have a civilized conversation and cheerful thread for 4CC!
    I want to see hanyu breaking his PB in Osaka!
    Yes, looking forward to seeing Yuzu in 4CC!


    And new "Number" article about Yuzu and other skaters for 4CC:
    http://number.bunshun.jp/articles/-/338620
    Basically a summary for the result of GP series, JN and EC, then analysis of the situation going on for 4CC with positive comment on Team Japan.
    Last edited by sweet_Michelle; 02-04-2013 at 02:50 AM.

  5. #980
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    200
    I'm really rooting for yuzu. I think that there will be a very nice performance.

    I'm Konstancia...

  6. #981
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    200

  7. #982
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    5
    Ser22 introduced me to skating (to be correct, to enjoy watching skating XD), and she showed me lots of videos from different talented skaters. All of them are gorgeous, but here we're talking about Yuzu! :D I think maybe what made me to "fall in love" with him is the temperament of his skating. He's really fast and energetic. His style is amazingly vigorous! He almost makes the spectator believe that skating is actually ridiculously easy, if you know what I mean... o_O And when he occasionally falls only then you realize that he also needs that effort every other skater does. I find it beautiful that (seemingly) how easily he can perform those jumps.
    Last edited by TeddyBear; 02-04-2013 at 06:14 AM.

  8. #983
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    241
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    Do you? Yeah, especially his reaction at 4:09. Oh, people..
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=61QKsyTGo0Y
    I knew you would say that! Thank you for the link anyway.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    Oh, bleep. More work for the poor moderators. And just when I was about to settle in for the Super Bowl.

    The fan fest folder is for fans to say things like Yay, Hooray, -- that sort of thing. If you have "constructive criticism" to offer, start a new thread in the Edge if you simply must. (And if you have only unconstructive criticism -- don't. )
    Thank you very much, Mathman.

    Quote Originally Posted by zydeco88 View Post
    And gotta love the infectious smile he gave after he got up from that fall on the 3A.
    How he fell was scary, but...Yes

    Thank you for the translation of Javier's comments! Yuzuru and Javier's episodes or pictures always warm my heart.
    Last edited by yude; 02-04-2013 at 07:20 AM.

  9. #984
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    340
    Wow, this thread grew by about 5 pages since I last posted; welcome to the newcomers and thanks sampaguita & Kalina for translations!

    I was rewatching old performances, and it occurred to me that Yuzuru should bring back 'Somebody to Love' for his EX at Worlds . London, Ontario is close to Justin Bieber's hometown, it'd be hilarious!

  10. #985
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    2,188
    Quote Originally Posted by ser22 View Post
    "The only, if I can say that, difficulty that I have to deal with is sometimes Yuzu asks me to let him go home for a short stay. Education is very important for Yuzuru, he entered one of the best University in Japan. But he will have to learn how to deal with his study issue from Toronto."

    Lol at uncle Orser . For a short stay is like what? Six weeks between NHK and SOI? What does his university have to do with that? He maybe thinks we don't know that Yuzu was taking his uni entrance exams by skype during GPF in Sochi. At the modern age you don't have to be always "physically" present to take exams. No, if someone wants to go home it means he wants to go home. And that is all.


    Thanks for the link, btw. That was entertaining reading.

  11. #986
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    200
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    "The only, if I can say that, difficulty that I have to deal with is sometimes Yuzu asks me to let him go home for a short stay. Education is very important for Yuzuru, he entered one of the best University in Japan. But he will have to learn how to deal with his study issue from Toronto."

    Lol at uncle Orser . For a short stay is like what? Six weeks between NHK and SOI? What does his university have to do with that? He maybe thinks we don't know that Yuzu was taking his uni entrance exams by skype during GPF in Sochi. At the modern age you don't have to be always "physically" present to take exams. No, if someone wants to go home it means he wants to go home. And that is all.


    Thanks for the link, btw. That was entertaining reading.
    I knew it was going to criticize anyway.

    I do not understand why you're here. I really do not.
    This was the last post I switched to you. Sorry.

  12. #987
    Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Staring at the ocean and smiling.
    Posts
    15,515
    Constructive criticism is allowed on GS. The rules on Fan Fest threads are the same as elsewhere on the board. However, a better place to discuss coaches is in a specific thread for the coach, or in a thread in The Edge.

  13. #988
    Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Staring at the ocean and smiling.
    Posts
    15,515
    It does indeed.

    What are everyone's favorite moments in Yuzu's programs? I particularly like his counter into his triple axel- in the SP - just amazing

  14. #989
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    200
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    It does indeed.

    What are everyone's favorite moments in Yuzu's programs? I particularly like his counter into his triple axel- in the SP - just amazing
    I love everything in it. But best of the spins and the Quad Toe ... How wonderful! And of course, the musical interpretation.

  15. #990
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    245
    I lurve the sideways lunge in SP. Will admit even attempted it a few times on ice (with no success), requires so much strength on the dragging leg!

Page 66 of 672 FirstFirst ... 16 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 116 166 566 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •