Page 68 of 671 FirstFirst ... 18 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 118 168 568 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 10056

Thread: Yuzuru Hanyu

On the Ice
    To those who weren't able to watch it live: here's his SP at 4CC 2013!

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xxd...hanyu-sp_sport

One does not simply skate into Sochi MaiKatze's Avatar
    He was amazing and looked so happy and smiley, laughing around in the K&C. He did really well, and I'm happy for him!

Custom Title
    I was constantly at the edge of my seat throughout the whole thing, having witnessed all the inconsistencies the guys before him had. I was afraid being the last to skate would put lots of mental pressure on him. His spins were a bit lacking, especially the flying sit spin near the end, couldn't really maintain a good position mid-air and it had a shaky landing; he singled the Lutz (which I was quite concerned about cos according to Japanese fans, he had some troubles with his Lutz during official practice); and I could sense his nervousness throughout. But he managed to get by just fine and skate quite well. Big props to Yuzu and ofc love all his adorable smiles at the end.
    Last edited by zydeco88; 02-08-2013 at 09:26 AM.

Custom Title
    Normally SP with major mistakes = cleaner LP for Yuzuru... Fingers crossed.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by jjane45 View Post
    Normally SP with major mistakes = cleaner LP for Yuzuru... Fingers crossed.

Custom Title
    Congratulations to the silver medal, Yuzuru! 8)))

Rinkside
    His LP was a bit of a disappointment for me, to be honest. In my opinion if Yan Han hadn't fallen that badly, he would have been in the second place. But he did after all, so congrats for the silver medal, Yuzu!!!

Custom Title
    Congratulations to the second time winner of silver medal of 4CC!! He wasn't clean and a little bit worried about Lutz, but I hope he will have good performances in Worlds.

Information from Japanese commentary: Yuzuru hit the door (don't know which door was) and had an injury above his right eye. That was why he had a band-aid. Be careful, Yuzuru!!
    Last edited by yude; 02-09-2013 at 09:54 AM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by yude View Post
    Information from Japanese commentary: Yuzuru hit the door (don't know which door was) and had an injury above his right eye. That was why he had a band-aid. Be careful, Yuzuru!!
    Thanks Yude! I know I could count on this thread for information on that band-aid!

Looks like bad LP here lit up the fire in him. Did he say something like "no more 4CC silver in the future"?

Custom Title
    May be you feel comfortable watching an insanely thin and pale kid crying in the K&C, and they were not tears of joy unfortunately, I surely don’t...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by giulia95 View Post
    May be you feel comfortable watching an insanely thin and pale kid crying in the K&C, and they were not tears of joy unfortunately, I surely don’t...
    yuzu.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by yude View Post
    Congratulations to the second time winner of silver medal of 4CC!! He wasn't clean and a little bit worried about Lutz, but I hope he will have good performances in Worlds.

He got hurt right before the performance, it's was badly swollen in the medal ceremony... Don't know if that had affected his performance after all. He didn't mention it in interviews after, that's so Yuzu...
    His Luz has been unstable throughout the competetion, lack of practice probably since he was too focused on quads recently.
    Last edited by sweet_Michelle; 02-09-2013 at 11:57 AM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sweet_Michelle View Post
    He got hurt right before the performance, it's was badly swollen in the medal ceremony... Don't know if that had affected his performance after all. He didn't mention it in interviews after, that's so Yuzu...
    His Luz has been unstable throughout the competition, lack of practice probably since he was too focused on quads recently.
    Close up from medal ceremony, swollen indeed.

Not the performance he wanted, but better get the bad luck / bad skate out of his system here.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by giulia95 View Post
    Not quite sure what do you mean?

Custom Title
    I don't think it affected his performance that much. It was just a minor accident. I think he was just under too much pressure and couldn't pull himself together over the disappointment of having popped his 4S, the jump that he'd landed consistently during official practices. I noticed he looked over his shoulder everytime he was about to go into the Lutzes, as if he was making sure not to run out of space. I wonder what had happened? Didn't think he had done this in the previous competitions.

Page 68 of 671 FirstFirst ... 18 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 118 168 568 ... LastLast