Page 7 of 704 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 57 107 507 ... LastLast

Thread: Yuzuru Hanyu

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Becki View Post
    Okay so I found out why he does the cross thing. He's not Christian, or Catholic for that matter. He does that because it's good luck for keeping his body straight during jumps lol
    Sorry, I don’t get it. Why would the cross thing help his body to be straight during jumps? Or he can do any kind of good-luck things for this purpose, but he just chooses to do the cross thing? Maybe his coach taught him this trick would help his jumps?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by doctor2014 View Post
    Sorry, I don’t get it. Why would the cross thing help his body to be straight during jumps? Or he can do any kind of good-luck things for this purpose, but he just chooses to do the cross thing? Maybe his coach taught him this trick would help his jumps?
    Good luck charms don't always make sense, but if that's what gets him to land those quads and triples heck why stop doing it

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by doctor2014 View Post
    Lol u don't have to get it, as long as it works for Yuzuru it is all good.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by champs View Post
    Oops, I translated a wrong video CC is added for "20061109 novice nats Hino vs Hanyu" and not the one quoted by Becki. Will translate this one as well, just give me a day or so.
    Thank you so much for translating it. I just checked and found subs
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KA7_vFetSV4

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by FTnoona View Post
    Wow thanks for this!! Baby Hanyu is so cute lol same bowl hair cut... about the making signs of the cross thing, I wonder if someone ever asked him that. Personally I wonder if he might have been inspired seeing Yuna Kim do it, though she only do it because she is Catholic. I know he is a fan from this interview

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zs64DLaRIiQ

At around 4:50, Yuzuru is asked by the interviewer which female skaters he likes. His response is, 'Of course, Kim Yu-Na and Asada Mao' He gives his comments about Mao, then at around 5:13, he comments about Yu-Na.

… he says ジャンプだけではなくて, ジャンプがはいりつつそのプロがかんせいしてるとこがすき
    "Jumps are not just jumps in Yuna, her jumps are inseparably combined in the program and that completes her program."

I think it is a style he adopted in to his skating very well and is something I noticed right away before discovering this quote. The rather androgynous attractive expressive style is perhaps he also took in the influences from the great ladies of this sport and combined with his Johnny weir and Plushy influences.

In the documentary clip he said he did 59 live performances this summer in shows. It would certainly explained his maturity on ice and how he address the audience well with his expressive performance. Who are the 2 non-Japanese on the ice with him, I thought his programs was choreographed by her coach, or was it by someone else?
    Last edited by os168; 12-17-2011 at 11:27 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by FTnoona View Post
    yes thanks for translating up to 5 minutes! lol i am so excited ^__^

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by champs View Post
    Oops, I translated a wrong video CC is added for "20061109 novice nats Hino vs Hanyu" and not the one quoted by Becki. Will translate this one as well, just give me a day or so.
    Thank you so much for translating both video, because of your help, now we can know him better.

I hope I will be able able to kbow what was he doing in Russia as well. (from the vid, I think it a choreography training, right?)
    Last edited by treeloving; 12-22-2011 at 02:55 AM.

Custom Title
    Here's an interview of Johnny Weir when he was in Russia and what he thinks about Hanyu. According to Johnny he was there for choreography.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxYxa...eature=related

Here's a funny picture of Hanyu with Oda and Mura
    http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lw...krxro1_500.jpg

Custom Title
    Can someone please explain the reference to Chris Hansen? I keep reading comments about Chris Hansen and Yuzuru's dancing...

Custom Title
    Can someone please explain the reference to Chris Hansen? I keep reading comments about Chris Hansen and Yuzuru's dancing...
    I’m curious about this. Where are these Hansen-Hanyu comments? I tried to google them but didn’t get any results.

Custom Title
    >Chris Hansen is the host of the show "To Catch a Predator."
    >"To Catch a Predator"is about detaining adults who contact underaged youths over the Internet for sexual liaisons.
    >Many people are sexually attracted to Yuzuru Hanyu.
    >Yuzuru is 17.
    >In many places, 18 is the legal age of consent.

Custom Title
    Yuzuru in 2006. I think he is probably around 10 in this video. Mushroom hair expands when he spins
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=8-0w1IEYD0s#!

Custom Title
    Am I the only one who thinks Yuzuru is too skinny? O__O

Forever stuck on those steps Li'Kitsu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Becki
    Am I the only one who thinks Yuzuru is too skinny? O__O
    I actually thought he got already better... he looks less skinny to me than last year.

And although that might sound stupid... I don't think he's skinny for a young japanese man. I'm not japanese, I just know what you read about japanese idols (which doesn't sound healthy to me either for "european standards") and I know some exchange students from my university... they're not looking any different.
    Regarding that he's a professional sportsman he should probably not look like that, but he might still grow and change physically, who knows... but it's not like I thought it was alarming or something. But maybe I'm just too used to it because of that sometimes reeeeeaaally slim female skaters (just look at Mao...).

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Li'Kitsu View Post
    I actually thought he got already better... he looks less skinny to me than last year.

And although that might sound stupid... I don't think he's skinny for a young japanese man. I'm not japanese, I just know what you read about japanese idols (which doesn't sound healthy to me either for "european standards") and I know some exchange students from my university... they're not looking any different.
    Regarding that he's a professional sportsman he should probably not look like that, but he might still grow and change physically, who knows... but it's not like I thought it was alarming or something. But maybe I'm just too used to it because of that sometimes reeeeeaaally slim female skaters (just look at Mao...).
    argh...he is not skinny for a young japanese man ??? Wow..... I am highly curious to see pictures of Japanese men you know. He is skinny for a young man regardless of ethnicity, comparable to those kids on Disney.....

But you can't compare Yuzuru to Female skaters, That is an unfair comparison !

Page 7 of 704 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 57 107 507 ... LastLast