Page 73 of 657 FirstFirst ... 23 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 123 173 573 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 9854

Thread: Yuzuru Hanyu

Tripping on the Podium
    Very funny, very heartwarming! I must thank Misha, too.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sampaguita View Post
    I can understand where the confusion came from.
    Japanese language is very difficult indeed (even for the Japanese!).

Thank you for the links and translations everyone!!
    As a fan, I thank Javier and Misha

Custom Title
    I just think it’s funny that someone would use Yuzru’s autobiography as evidence to show Han Yan’s age. What does Yuzru know about Han Yan? How many times has he seen Yan in his whole life? Even if Yan falsifies his age, like so many Chinese skaters and gymnasts do, how would Yuzru know that? Plus, Han Yan really has nothing to do with Yuzru’s fan thread.

Come on, if you guys care about Yuzru and speak Japanese so well, then can you please translate to us how’s Yuzru’s injury? Looks quite serious to me. I wish he’ll fully recover by the Worlds. I think that’s more important than someone else’s age.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by lakeside View Post
    Come on, if you guys care about Yuzru and speak Japanese so well, then can you please translate to us how’s Yuzru’s injury? Looks quite serious to me. I wish he’ll fully recover by the Worlds. I think that’s more important than someone else’s age.
    You mean his ankle sprain? First of all, before we can translate anything, we need the source material. If anyone can give us that, we will do our best to translate it.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by zydeco88 View Post
    Looks like he had fun at the banquet! Awesome photos.

Custom Title
    Yuzu never mentioned anything about the injury. Fans got the information from one of the Japanese color commentators during Fuji TV 4CC broadcast and from a Nikkan Sports article (which I sometimes consider as a tabloid newspaper). The summary of what's written there was already posted a few pages back. There have been some fans who over-dramatize the severity of his injury and even associate it with his lackluster performance in the free (ridiculous, I must say), but it looks to me that it is just a minor injury (or else he wouldn't have had a wonderful time @the banquet, fooling around with the other teenage boys). And he doesn't seem to be bothered by it in the slightest.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sampaguita View Post
    You mean his ankle sprain? First of all, before we can translate anything, we need the source material. If anyone can give us that, we will do our best to translate it.
    S/he probably refers to the injury above his right eye.

Custom Title
    Yuzu never mentioned anything about the injury. Fans got the information from one of the Japanese color commentators during Fuji TV 4CC broadcast and from a Nikkan Sports article (which I sometimes consider as a tabloid newspaper). The summary of what's written there was already posted a few pages back. There have been some fans who over-dramatize the severity of his injury and even associate it with his lackluster performance in the free (ridiculous, I must say), but it looks to me that it is just a minor injury (or else he wouldn't have had a wonderful time @the banquet, fooling around with the other teenage boys). And he doesn't seem to be bothered by it in the slightest.
    I don’t think the fans are over-dramatizing. If you show his picture to an ophthalmologist s/he’ll tell you that with that kind of injury it’s dangerous to do jumps and spins. My friend who reads Japanese said Yuzru bleeded so much, he couldn’t sleep well and had to apply ice compress at night. Well, I don’t read Japanese so I tried to see if I can find something informative here, but I see a bunch of translation about someone else’s age but not much about Yuzru’s physical condition.

I’m not a longtime fan of Yuzru, but I also know that he has never mentioned his injury at any competitions. Like at 2011 GPF he had an ankle sprain and at 2012 GPF he had a stomach bug, which affected his performance, but he himself did not mention them either. Plus, he always has fun and would not let his injury affect him at the banquets. Have you seen his photos at 2011 GPF and 2012 Worlds banquets? He always has a lot of fun despite injuries.

On the Ice
    It's hard to tell how serious Yuzu's injury is, I mean above his right eye. Even he seriously injured his right ankle during 2012 WC, he never mentioned it throughout the competition and still managed to gave good performance at EX & had fun with other skaters during rehearsal.
    As fans we may never know since he doesn't like talking about injuries and showing his weakness, no matter it's affected his performance or not. I think the injury is more serious than how it's looked and reported but hardly seems to have a long term impact. Hope he'll get better soon and be more careful next time.
    Last edited by sweet_Michelle; 02-15-2013 at 11:25 AM.

Banned
    My friend who reads Japanese said Yuzru bleeded so much, he couldn’t sleep well and had to apply ice compress at night.
    Really? I thought he had a minor accident with the door right before the FS event. Was he supposed to take a nap after that? Does you reading-Japanese friend knows something that no one else knows? Could you share the link?

Custom Title
    My friend who reads Japanese said Yuzru bleeded so much, he couldn’t sleep well and had to apply ice compress at night.
    The question is whether your friend's sources are reliable. I haven't come across a single credible source (such as Yomiuri or Mainichi Shinbun) reporting about the injury. Instead, I got Nikkan Sports and Friday (pretty much a gossip magazine) which have notorious reputations for disseminating questionable, exaggerated and, more often than not, false news, giving accounts about his injury. And that just puts me off. I guess we'll never know about the truth unless it comes directly from Yuzu himself. If he is indeed suffering from it, I hope he gets well soon.

Custom Title
    I don’t think the fans are over-dramatizing. If you show his picture to an ophthalmologist s/he’ll tell you that with that kind of injury it’s dangerous to do jumps and spins. My friend who reads Japanese said Yuzru bleeded so much, he couldn’t sleep well and had to apply ice compress at night. Well, I don’t read Japanese so I tried to see if I can find something informative here, but I see a bunch of translation about someone else’s age but not much about Yuzru’s physical condition.
    A few pages back there were posts on the strange band-aid and swollen eye from unofficial sources. English speaking fans who do not understand Japanese are depending on generous and kind Japanese speaking fans for translations and other updates (special thanks to everyone's hard work!!!!).

And when it comes to rumors and non-major-media sources, not every Japanese fan reads every tabloid / twitter / social media / message board post. But if a question or a public link is posted, maybe someone else can jump in to clarify. Any chance on persuading your Japanese reading friend to post here?

Thank you sampaguita for clarifying Yuzuru's biography quote!
    Last edited by jjane45; 02-15-2013 at 01:03 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by let’s talk View Post
    Really? I thought he had a minor accident with the door right before the FS event.
    Are you sure it’s that minor? He bleeded a lot. Well, I hope you’re right. Do you have any source that it’s so minor?

Quote Originally Posted by let’s talk View Post
    Was he supposed to take a nap after that?
    Where does “taking a nap” come from? If you can read Japanese, then you should know that Yuzru could not sleep well the night after the LP and had to apply ice compress. That was not about taking a nap between the injury and the LP. People don’t “take a nap” at night, btw.

I guess we'll never know about the truth unless it comes directly from Yuzu himself. If he is indeed suffering from it, I hope he gets well soon.
    Then we probably will never know about it because Yuzru does not like to talk about his injury. I agree with you that I also hope he gets well soon.

Quote Originally Posted by jjane45 View Post
    A few pages back there were posts on the strange band-aid and swollen eye from unofficial sources. English speaking fans who do not understand Japanese are depending on generous and kind Japanese speaking fans for translations and other updates (special thanks to everyone's hard work!!!!).

And when it comes to rumors and non-major-media sources, not every Japanese fan reads every tabloid / twitter / social media / message board post. But if a question or a public link is posted, maybe someone else can jump in to clarify. Any chance on persuading your Japanese reading friend to post here?

Thank you sampaguita for clarifying Yuzuru's biography quote!
    I’ve always thought I don’t know much about figure skating news in foreign countries, so I come to GS for more info. Never thought that it would be the other way around and I would be expected to contribute any news about Japanese skaters... Not everyone is interested to post here, and not everyone has time to do it, which is why I come to this board to discuss figure skating news with people who are intrested in the discussion. I think your suggestion is good. If Japanese speaking fans here can post some tabloid/twitter links etc., then we can gain more insight into it.

Moreover, my original post #1085 was asking those posters who discuss too much on someone else’s age, which has nothing to do with Yuzru or this thread, to please get back on topic. And I used his injury for example. Maybe some people are not interested in discussing Yuzru’s injury, but at least discuss something about Yuzru Hanyu in this thread. There are many other threads where people can discuss about other skaters.
    Last edited by lakeside; 02-15-2013 at 01:36 PM.

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    Really? I thought he had a minor accident with the door right before the FS event. Was he supposed to take a nap after that? Does you reading-Japanese friend knows something that no one else knows? Could you share the link?
    The question is whether your friend's sources are reliable. I haven't come across a single credible source (such as Yomiuri or Mainichi Shinbun) reporting about the injury. Instead, I got Nikkan Sports and Friday (pretty much a gossip magazine) which have notorious reputations for disseminating questionable, exaggerated and, more often than not, false news, giving accounts about his injury. And that just puts me off. I guess we'll never know about the truth unless it comes directly from Yuzu himself. If he is indeed suffering from it, I hope he gets well soon.
    Maybe this could be a source?
    http://p.twpl.jp/show/orig/BZwfT

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    I really don't understand why this person suddenly talked about "a nap"....

Tommmy: Thanks for the link!

Page 73 of 657 FirstFirst ... 23 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 123 173 573 ... LastLast