Page 77 of 2616 FirstFirst ... 27 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 127 177 577 1077 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 39238

Thread: Yuzuru Hanyu

  1. #1141
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    85

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jjane45 View Post
    Wow! Is that really a coincidence? I thought his name means something about archery, though...
    Anyway, I'd like to visit there someday!

  2. #1142
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    97

    0 Not allowed!
    According to this magazine, Yuzuru is now 173 cm tall. He is growing!
    http://gekkan.bunshun.jp/mwimgs/4/4/...a860603588.jpg

  3. #1143
    Medalist figuristka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Finland & Canada
    Posts
    1,408

    0 Not allowed!
    In the pj Kwong interview she said she was not sure Hanyu 100% healthy since 4cc and she heard rumblings in that way. Any news on this? I for one hope Chan, Hanyu and Takahashi are all healthy and have great competitions.

  4. #1144
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    250

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanaka View Post
    According to this magazine, Yuzuru is now 173 cm tall. He is growing!
    http://gekkan.bunshun.jp/mwimgs/4/4/...a860603588.jpg
    And a whopping 53 kg (~117 lbs)...


    Quote Originally Posted by figuristka View Post
    In the pj Kwong interview she said she was not sure Hanyu 100% healthy since 4cc and she heard rumblings in that way. Any news on this? I for one hope Chan, Hanyu and Takahashi are all healthy and have great competitions.
    Hope he is fine.

  5. #1145
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    411

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by figuristka View Post
    In the pj Kwong interview she said she was not sure Hanyu 100% healthy since 4cc and she heard rumblings in that way. Any news on this? I for one hope Chan, Hanyu and Takahashi are all healthy and have great competitions.
    Hope he's okay... I wish PJ wouldn't speculate like this, if he's injured/sick and you want to report it, then report it as such, if he's not or you're not sure then don't bring it up on the offhand in an interview. Passing off 'rumblings' when you're in the FS media does no one any good, only causes fans more worry.

  6. #1146
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    204

    0 Not allowed!
    Yuzu:
    Ten years from now I think I’ll… have landed a quad axel. Just kidding (lol). But, I’ll be 27? Will my body be holding up then… I think I’ll be done when I’m 22-23. Retired then I guess? If I continued 10 years from now, it’ll be tough on my body.

    What will skating be like 10 years from now?

    Not sure about 10 years from now but… when I’m 22-23, I’ll have evolved as a skater. Right now, there are a lot of younger skaters who are great at dancing. If they get their jumps together, our generation probably won’t be able to win! Also, the skaters the same age as me haven’t moved up to seniors yet. Once they move up, we can compete side-by-side… and I think a new quad era will come. In that era, I want to be a skater who can stand at the very top until the very end along the lines of Takahashi and Patrick.

  7. #1147
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    204

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ser22 View Post
    Yuzu:
    Ten years from now I think I’ll… have landed a quad axel. Just kidding (lol). But, I’ll be 27? Will my body be holding up then… I think I’ll be done when I’m 22-23. Retired then I guess? If I continued 10 years from now, it’ll be tough on my body.

    What will skating be like 10 years from now?

    Not sure about 10 years from now but… when I’m 22-23, I’ll have evolved as a skater. Right now, there are a lot of younger skaters who are great at dancing. If they get their jumps together, our generation probably won’t be able to win! Also, the skaters the same age as me haven’t moved up to seniors yet. Once they move up, we can compete side-by-side… and I think a new quad era will come. In that era, I want to be a skater who can stand at the very top until the very end along the lines of Takahashi and Patrick.
    From Cutting Edge 2013, p. 84

  8. #1148
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    204

    0 Not allowed!
    retiring in 2018?

  9. #1149
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    250

    0 Not allowed!
    He is probably being realistic about how much tolls his body can take from quad training. Quad axel yeah baby...

  10. #1150
    Medalist
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,021

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jjane45 View Post
    He is probably being realistic about how much tolls his body can take from quad training. Quad axel yeah baby...
    doesn't it sound a bit shocking to talk about retirement when Yuzu's peers are still juniors?

    I hope he's healthy and that the news about his weight are not true ... 173 cm - 53 kg = severly underweight = lost muscle mass = no stamina to complete a FS

    Go YUZU!!!!!!!!

  11. #1151
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    268

    0 Not allowed!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUpq-YdFcjc

    Probably this interview and practice video was taken after 4cc because the narration said "In February" and Yuzuru had the cut above his right eye. Basically he talked about the earthquake and how he deals with it.

    Two years has passed since that natural disaster occured.
    More than 2000 people are still missing.

  12. #1152
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    97

    0 Not allowed!
    This boy is carrying a lot of things on his shoulders. Not only pressure as a medal contender, but also expectations to be "Hope" of Tohoku and expetations to be a role model who overcomes difficulties. In the video ser22 posted in #1140 he talks about how he handles these pressure and expectations.
    I heard he will appear in a textbook of morals and ethics for junior highschool students in the next school year.

  13. #1153
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,214

    0 Not allowed!
    Good Luck my Prince
    I hope you kick major Butt Tommorow

  14. #1154
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    826

    0 Not allowed!
    http://www.vancouversun.com/touch/story.html?id=8086055
    Hanyu got the flu after 4cc and had a minor knee injury, sidelining him for 10 days out of the five weeks before worlds after 4CC. I hope he's all better and that it wasn't a bad omen for worlds. No wonder he predicts for himself to retire by 2018

  15. #1155
    Medalist figuristka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Finland & Canada
    Posts
    1,408

    0 Not allowed!
    Yes on the cbc they said something about him having had a lung infection after 4cc and a knee injury. I hoped he would be healthy as well as Patrick and Dai. Hope he still manages well.

Page 77 of 2616 FirstFirst ... 27 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 127 177 577 1077 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •