Page 78 of 631 FirstFirst ... 28 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 128 178 578 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 9460

Thread: Yuzuru Hanyu

Custom Title
    Bah I should have waited until Friday to see the results of the men's competition like I originally planned. Really tough skate for Hanyu. It seems like he had to mark a lot of the program differently from the steps before his axel until the lutz. At least he was still able to give a smile at the end. Where'd pooh bear and his lutz go
    Hopefully the pressure to keep 3 spots doesn't get to him during the free. The combined total is already at 13

SP: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9a36xTdiTM

One does not simply skate into Sochi MaiKatze's Avatar
    I hope that was sweat and not a tear running down Yuzurus face after the SP. *don'tcrybb*

Custom Title
    http://news.biglobe.ne.jp/sports/031...084606152.html
    More news regarding Yuzu's knee injury. It could possibly be worse that we thought.

It says that after he was sidelined for 10 days by influenza, on March 6, he started feeling the pain in his knee. Afterwards, he couldn't attend the practices at the rink for one whole week. He had to skate through his SP while on painkillers as he bears the responsibility of securing the spots for the Japanese Team at Sochi Olympics. He is expected to undergo thorough examination in Japan after Worlds.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by zydeco88 View Post
    http://news.biglobe.ne.jp/sports/031...084606152.html
    More news regarding Yuzu's knee injury. It could possibly be worse that we thought.

It says that after he was sidelined for 10 days by influenza, on March 6, he started feeling the pain in his knee. Afterwards, he couldn't attend the practices at the rink for one whole week. He had to skate through his SP while on painkillers as he bears the responsibility of securing the spots for the Japanese Team at Sochi Olympics. He is expected to undergo thorough examination in Japan after Worlds.
    Would it have been too late to send Kozuka or Machida to worlds by March 6? It might have been best for Hanyu to sit out this worlds and not have to endure the pressure of placing well enough to maintain 3 spots with an injury or even possibly making the injury worse.

On the Ice
    Oh, poor baby ((( After the performance I just wanted to hug and feed him... He seemed nervous to me before the start or maybe it's just me who was nervous... Wish him good free (just dunno if he is in a good enough form for it)

Custom Title

Last year in Nice Yuzu's team didn't mention about his sprained ankle. It's not their ethical behaviour.

As usual the kid is severly unhealthy and pale, like at FT, at SA , at JN and at 4CC. It's so painfull to watch such an enormous waste of a terrific young talent...

but what it's really heartbreaking is that the kid looks very unhappy, unfocused, unmotivated and lost in the ice-rink .

Finally Yuzu's "unreal smile" , when he was clearly burning and crying inside, really upset me.poor boy.

I'm speachless... very good job JSF!

Custom Title
    Yuzu go back to Abe!!!!! Please!!!!!!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ser22 View Post
    Yuzu go back to Abe!!!!!
    Yuzu won't easily survive till Sochi in such a terrible mental and physical condition

Custom Title
    I do not like Orser.: Disapp: I do not like JFS.
    I hope to go back to Japan.: Bumm:

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by FTnoona View Post
    Bah I should have waited until Friday to see the results of the men's competition like I originally planned. Really tough skate for Hanyu. It seems like he had to mark a lot of the program differently from the steps before his axel until the lutz. At least he was still able to give a smile at the end. Where'd pooh bear and his lutz go
    Hopefully the pressure to keep 3 spots doesn't get to him during the free. The combined total is already at 13

SP: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9a36xTdiTM
    What does not kills makes you stronger.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ser22 View Post
    What does not kills makes you stronger.
    He's an Artist if trained and supported properly , but he's just a kid. He can't be a HERO in every single year of his young life .

He needs to be himself and not what his actual team wants him to be....

I hope with all my heart he'll skate better tomorrow, or , at least , he won't suffer so much.Yuzu doesn't deserve it at all.

Banned
    And all so-called "yuzu fans" but in fact Cricket Club trolls misteriously disappeared from this thread. Their agenda was known. Orser is a true Canadian patriot and JSF is just a bunch of stupid morons.

Yuzu's SP in Fuji broadcast: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bR4UWTsnLK0

Custom Title
    Would it have been too late to send Kozuka or Machida to worlds by March 6? It might have been best for Hanyu to sit out this worlds and not have to endure the pressure of placing well enough to maintain 3 spots with an injury or even possibly making the injury worse.
    Indeed, but:
    1. JFS won't allow that to happen for obvious reasons
    2. There's the fact that he's being coached by Borser
    3. He has to contend with the weight of expectations riding on his shoulders and live up to the reputation
    4. Regarded as an exemplary figure in the Tohoku region
    5. He's not the type to give in easily, as we all know (I totally see him beating himself up had he not competed here).

After reading various reports that he hasn't had good practices, I expected him to perform badly and he did. I don't even think podium finish is within his reach now. At least, he's avoided having to deal with the extreme pressure skating in the last group for the FS. Hope he'll pull through just fine.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by zydeco88 View Post
    Indeed, but:

5. He's not the type to give in easily, as we all know (I totally see him beating himself up had he not competed here).
    I agree. I think that he would rather skate bad than not skate at all. It's bad for his health, but all I can wish for is that this is Yuzu's choice, not somebody else's decision.

I think it's a Japanese thing -- remember Mao's performances post-Olympics? She kept falling and falling every time and people thought she should wait out the season to improve her technique. But she kept performing.

Custom Title
    I can see him wanting to push through with the competition despite injuries, unfortunately. The opportunity to go to Worlds is so precious for Japanese skaters, plus he's got to be feeling pressure to rep the Japanese men as the National champ and after Dai's performance at 4CC. He also skated injured at last year's Worlds, so I have a feeling this decision has more to do with Yuzuru himself than with his team.

Page 78 of 631 FirstFirst ... 28 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 128 178 578 ... LastLast