Page 79 of 673 FirstFirst ... 29 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 129 179 579 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 10093

Thread: Yuzuru Hanyu

Custom Title
    Yuzu's practice reports for today:
    https://twitter.com/niji1223/status/312374032358055936

I'm completely tied up with work atm, so I've got no time to translate. I'll just leave the Japanese text here first (hopefully, someone will translate them in my place). In summary, he botched quite a lot of his jumps: 3Lz and even his consistent 3A (singled, fall) and he's having difficulties with his quads. It's concerning.
    3/14練習①白ジャージ、UA黒長袖(昨日と同じ腰に文字入)UA黒半袖(長袖と同じもの)黒地に白のアイリ ン手袋。リンクイン前、ハビと会話してた。

3/14練習②リンクイン、いつも通りスケーティング確認。ステップシーケンス、コレオシーケンス確認。白ジャ ージ脱ぐ。ウィルソンが見本の手振りつきで指導。再びコレオ。3Lo、OK。Lzポップ。ガニ股イーグルか ら3Lz、OK。Fポップ。オーサーアドバイス。3F、OK。

3/14練習③3A-2T、A着氷踏ん張りTつけて転倒。笑ってオーサーのところへ。1A-2T-2T。 2T竹コプター、4T抜けて2T。おでこに人差し指トントン(良くやってる仕草)。オーサーアドバイス。4 T踏ん張るもOK

3/14練習④イーグル4Sタイミング合わず飛べず。オーサーアドバイス。燃えた目でイーグル4S向かうも飛び 上がる前に何かひっかかって開脚へたりこむ。長袖脱ぐ。曲かけ待ち

3/14練習⑤曲かけ、今日は3番目。2T。3S。(両方抜け。)3F。スピン。ステップ流す。3A-2Tバランス崩しお手つき。3A転倒。3Lo。3Lz-2T-2T。3Lz、イナ、コレオ、スピン、フィニッシュ

3/14練習⑥1A。少しイラ立ってる。オーサーアドバイス。3A-2Tタノ、クリーン美しい。 4Tの練習へ。2T、首かしげる。2T、薄い笑い。4Tやや踏ん張るもOK。ハビ曲かけのコレオに入るとこ で膝まずき花差し出す真似を。4S練習へ。1S。4S着氷、踏ん張り少し手とお尻つく

3/14練習⑦2S、頭かく。4S入りの軌道確認。ステップシーケンス~3A入る手前まで確認。クールダウンの スケーティング。ギリギリ最後までやって、上がりの挨拶。

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by pitterpatter View Post
    I can see him wanting to push through with the competition despite injuries, unfortunately.
    Yes, he's quite an overly ambitious kid (though the same can be said about his current team) and doesn't like to be viewed as weak and whiny. Borser actually proposed the idea of doing two 4Ts in the free instead of two different types of quads but he refused. And, in this number bunshun article, he refused to talk about his knee injury when asked by the media. I wish that his team had kept silent as well instead of blabbering excuses. I don't think he likes it, but in the hindsight, it could be because of the media attention. They demanded explanation for what has happened to him. It's just different from how it was in the past when he didn't have much reputation in the senior circuit and the media focus was not so much on him.
    Anyway, glad that someone from his team consoled him and wiped the tears off his face. He needed it.

Custom Title
    I hope that this poor showing at worlds won't affect his confidence going into the Olympic season, especially if Japan ends up with only 2 spots for the men next year. It might happen with Yuzu already in 9th, having crummmy practices, and Mura in 11th

It's good that he's got a fighting spirit, but imo someone's got to step up and put their foot down when it comes to his health. It just might not be his time in Sochi. There is no need to push all these quads because he is young enough to take the time to develop them. Why burn out to reach Sochi when he is young enough to survive another olympic cycle?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by FTnoona View Post
    I hope that this poor showing at worlds won't affect his confidence going into the Olympic season, especially if Japan ends up with only 2 spots for the men next year. It might happen with Yuzu already in 9th, having crummmy practices, and Mura in 11th
    It's good that he's got a fighting spirit, but imo someone's got to step up and put their foot down when it comes to his health. It just might not be his time in Sochi. There is no need to push all these quads because he is young enough to take the time to develop them. Why burn out to reach Sochi when he is young enough to survive another olympic cycle?
    I am debating if I should watch the Men's Long Program live tomorrow.....

Anyways, I'll still be proud of Hanyu for pulling it through no matter what happens tomorrow. I was reviewing the results from the previous World Championships, and Japan was really close to losing its 3 spots in 2009! Takahiko and Nobunari just made the magic number of 13!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by zydeco88 View Post
    Yes, he's quite an overly ambitious kid (though the same can be said about his current team) and doesn't like to be viewed as weak and whiny. Borser actually proposed the idea of doing two 4Ts in the free instead of two different types of quads but he refused. And, in this number bunshun article, he refused to talk about his knee injury when asked by the media. I wish that his team had kept silent as well instead of blabbering excuses. I don't think he likes it, but in the hindsight, it could be because of the media attention. They demanded explanation for what has happened to him. It's just different from how it was in the past when he didn't have much reputation in the senior circuit and the media focus was not so much on him.
    Anyway, glad that someone from his team consoled him and wiped the tears off his face. He needed it.
    - Yuzu is quite ambitious but he had a stunning trajectory of talent under his former coach.. I may say he's one of the best teen jumpers ever.

- he didn't talk about the sprained ankle last year because japanese skaters don't like excuses. The new team should respect the foreign skater's attitude and keeps silence.

- the team and the coach should ask themselves why this kid, who is known to be an amazing fighter and a very strong minded person able to overcome terrible personal situation, was crying after the SP ( and cried in 4CC K&C too) other then wipe his tears.

-may be they can watch some of the past FS and epic K&C scenes to have a better idea of the poor actual condition of their pupil, condition they don't seem to be aware of paradoxically. Their pupil used to be a very strong FS competitor .

-maybe we can start talking about how the coach change affects Yuzuru's jumping ability , since he is actually in truble even with a triple jump that he mastered when he was at the junior-middle school .

having that said I hope to see Yuzu smile for happiness tonight because I miss it so much and i'm upset when he cries.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by giulia95 View Post
    - Yuzu is quite ambitious but he had a stunning trajectory of talent under his former coach.. I may say he's one of the best teen jumper ever.

- he didn't talk about the sprained ankle last year because japanese skaters don't like excuses. The new team should respect the foreign skater's attitude and keeps silence.

- the team and the coach should ask themselves why this kid, who is known to be an amazing fighter and a very strong minded person able to overcome terrible personal situation, was crying after the SP ( and cried in 4CC K&C too) other then wipe his tears.

-may be they can watch some of the past FS and epic K&C scenes to have a better idea of the poor actual condition of their pupil, condition they don't seem to be aware of paradoxically. Their pupil used to be a very strong FS competitor .

-maybe we can start talking about how the coach change affects Yuzuru's jumping ability , since he is actually in truble even with a triple jump that he mastered when he was at the junior-middle school .

having that said I hope to see Yuzu smile for happiness tonight because I miss it so much and i'm upset when he cries.
    The picture of him forcing a smile while there were tears in his eyes was the most heart wrenching one.
    I agree that it's very troubling that his triples have become a problem for him now. He had troubles with the lutz before, but now it's gotten to the point that he can't land them properly and he still lips.
    Hasn't he been getting sick often this season? It might be his bad luck or possibly having problems adjusting to the new environment?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by FTnoona View Post
    The picture of him forcing a smile while there were tears in his eyes was the most heart wrenching one. I Hasn't he been getting sick often this season? It might be his bad luck or possibly having problems adjusting to the new environment?
    Yuzu has always had asthma and a very fragile body. That's why he didn't trained intensively , but it had worked perfectly for him till last season.

The point is if his actual coach is able to handle this physical frailty and -I would dare to say- is able to handle so much talent in its developing trajectory without killing it.

Custom Title
    I saw the picture of him crying and my heart break, I don't care about placement anymore, I just hope that he is happy!

Hope Yuzuru has a good FS. Sorry he was unwell and had the knee injury. I think next season perhaps Dai and Yuzuru should not do so many shows leading up to OG, they could be tired as they had a long season and have done shows in Japan. I know when i lived in Finland with Asthma, any cold i got was much worse than average as it went to my lungs.

Is it David Wilson wiping his tear?

Custom Title
    I am not a regular visitor here, so may not be welcomed by his devoted fans here I am afraid...but after seeing his SP showing, I sincerely hope Yuzuru is fine both physically and mentally. He, not only pale, but looked to me to have lost a couple of pounds again.

Securing 3 spots for Sochi is important for the sake of JSF and its skaters, yes, but its skaters' health issue/conditions should come as the first priority no matter what. There is always a 'next' World Championship. every season. However, there is only one skater in the world named Yuzuru Hanyu. His team should think about WD in the Free if necessary. My belief is Daisuke and Takahito will, should and are very capable to do just fine to place high enough to secure 3 spots together. Especially Daisuke, as the most experienced skater on the senior circuit adn as someone who had to sit out the whole 2008-09 season due to almost-career-ending injury, without doubt will fight hard to get onto the podium at least, so that will give Takahito some room to breathe (i.e. 10th finish), you know. In the worst senario Japan may lose a spot in the end...so what? I would say. It's not the end of the world. It's just one spot in one skating competition at one olympic games. There will be another olympic games in 4 years. But if Yuzu still wants to compete in the Free, then I just hope Yuzuru does not further injure his knee. Fingers crossed.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by figuristka View Post
    Is it David Wilson wiping his tear?
    Yes,indeed.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by deedee1 View Post
    I am not a regular visitor here, so may not be welcomed by his devoted fans here I am afraid...but after seeing his SP showing, I sincerely hope Yuzuru is fine both physically and mentally. He, not only pale, but looked to me to have lost a couple of pounds again.

Securing 3 spots for Sochi is important for the sake of JSF and its skaters, yes, but its skaters' health issue/conditions should come as the first priority no matter what. There is always a 'next' World Championship. every season. However, there is only one skater in the world named Yuzuru Hanyu. His team should think about WD in the Free if necessary. My belief is Daisuke and Takahito will, should and are very capable to do just fine to place high enough to secure 3 spots together. Especially Daisuke, as the most experienced skater on the senior circuit adn as someone who had to sit out the whole 2008-09 season due to almost-career-ending injury, without doubt will fight hard to get onto the podium at least, so that will give Takahito some room to breathe (i.e. 10th finish), you know. In the worst senario Japan may lose a spot in the end...so what? I would say. It's not the end of the world. It's just one spot in one skating competition at one olympic games. There will be another olympic games in 4 years. But if Yuzu still wants to compete in the Free, then I just hope Yuzuru does not further injure his knee. Fingers crossed.
    As a Yuzuru fan, I'm really glad to see your post and totally agree on every points.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Elsa G View Post
    Yes,indeed.
    Here's the video.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TB9122f5Upc

Custom Title
    http://ameblo.jp/aokonoto/entry-11491079366.html
    Sources: Asahi Sports and Japanese twitters.
    Yuzu's condition seems to have improved during Final Practice. He managed to land his quad toe, all solo triple jumps and combinations but still fell on 4S.
    I'm trying to stay positive. This might be a good sign.

Page 79 of 673 FirstFirst ... 29 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 129 179 579 ... LastLast