Page 8 of 929 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 58 108 508 ... LastLast

Thread: Yuzuru Hanyu

Quote Originally Posted by Becki View Post
    argh...he is not skinny for a young japanese man ??? Wow..... I am highly curious to see pictures of Japanese men you know. He is skinny for a young man regardless of ethnicity, comparable to those kids on Disney.....
    We had Japanese exchange students here this summer, and most of the boys were really super skinny, Yururu woulnd't have looked out of place among them, maybe he would have been one of the more muscular ones.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    We had Japanese exchange students here this summer, and most of the boys were really super skinny, Yururu woulnd't have looked out of place among them, maybe he would have been one of the more muscular ones.
    Shocking ..... I guess I am just out of the loop then.

Forever stuck on those steps Li'Kitsu's Avatar
    Erm... I didn't mean to be unfair or anything, but you can't just say "regardless of ethnicity", because people from different countrys tend to have different body types.
    Don't know if that's worth any comparison, but all the boys I met just looked like what you can see of japanese singers and so too, and I'd say that's pretty definitly skinny (for example, one famous japanese singer: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-fhvnBbg6VL...ig-8219601.jpg)

I still think it looks unhealthy too, but that's not necessarily the case... at least the ones I know tend to eat a lot, and when getting to sports, they can pretty much kick your ***.

Custom Title
    We’ve also had Japanese exchange students, and I’ve been to Japan several times. Most of young Japanese men and teenagers are not as skinny as Hanyu; even the Japanese singer in the picture shown by Li’Kitsu is not that skinny.

Hanyu would be considered skinny even put among Japanese men and women. It’s also obvious that he’s much skinnier than most other Japanese skaters, e.g., Daisuke, Kozuka, Oda, Tanaka, and even Shoma Uno.

I actually think Alissa, Asada, and Hanyu are some of the skinniest skaters around. And since Alissa is American, I think being skinny has more to do with individual skaters than with “ethnicity.”

Hanyu probably has the smallest waist and skinniest arms in the men’s field. Anyway for those who don’t like the super-skinny look, I heard he’s working on building muscles on his arms and legs, so I expect him to become more muscular (or more “normal”) in the near future.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by doctor2014 View Post
    We’ve also had Japanese exchange students, and I’ve been to Japan several times. Most of young Japanese men and teenagers are not as skinny as Hanyu; even the Japanese singer in the picture shown by Li’Kitsu is not that skinny.

Hanyu would be considered skinny even put among Japanese men and women. It’s also obvious that he’s much skinnier than most other Japanese skaters, e.g., Daisuke, Kozuka, Oda, Tanaka, and even Shoma Uno.

I actually think Alissa, Asada, and Hanyu are some of the skinniest skaters around. And since Alissa is American, I think being skinny has more to do with individual skaters than with “ethnicity.”

Hanyu probably has the smallest waist and skinniest arms in the men’s field. Anyway for those who don’t like the super-skinny look, I heard he’s working on building muscles on his arms and legs, so I expect him to become more muscular (or more “normal”) in the near future.

Well I think his efforts has paid off...he looks a little more muscular in this picture:

http://www.sponichi.co.jp/sports/new...002432680.html

(hate the red pants...)

Forever stuck on those steps Li'Kitsu's Avatar
    Sorry, but I really don't see Hanyu being any more skinny (and my experiences don't speak for that either) - skinny not as in having a small body frame in general, which he does, but skinny as in just skin and bones and no fat or muscles present. You can very clearly see that his legs are trained when watching him skate, and the average boy looking more trained like that - really?
    And by just saying he's "oh so skinny" in every sentence makes it sound like he was unhealthy or close to being anorexic, which clearly isn't the case. Hanyu looks okay, and going all he's oh so skinny is just as "nice" as all this stupid comments like Flatt being fat (which isn't true), or Nagasu having become fat (nonsense just as much), or whomever.

Quote Originally Posted by Becki
    Well I think his efforts has paid off...he looks a little more muscular in this picture:
    Huh? Compared to when?
    Don't say compared to his earlier appereances this season, because it's simply not possible to put on muscles in an amount you can notice with your eyes that fast

So what do you want? Hanyu focusing on "how skinny he looks" and gain so many muscles over night that he just looks like Daisuke?
    That might totally backfire on him with his already extremely present stamina problems, but who cares...?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Li'Kitsu View Post
    Sorry, but I really don't see Hanyu being any more skinny (and my experiences don't speak for that either) - skinny not as in having a small body frame in general, which he does, but skinny as in just skin and bones and no fat or muscles present...

And by just saying he's "oh so skinny" in every sentence makes it sound like he was unhealthy or close to being anorexic, which clearly isn't the case...

Hanyu focusing on "how skinny he looks" and gain so many muscles over night that he just looks like Daisuke?
    That might totally backfire on him with his already extremely present stamina problems, but who cares...?
    Li’Kitsu, don't get me wrong. Alissa is one of my favorite lady skaters now, so I really don’t mind the “skinniness.” I love her skinny look and Daisuke’s muscular look, and I think they’re both beautiful and attractive on ice—in different ways.

In my opinion, Alissa and Hanyu are not “unhealthy” nor “anorexic.” They are just skinnier or, as you described, have smaller body frames, than most people, but I don’t think that affects their beauty on ice though.

Quote Originally Posted by Becki

http://www.sponichi.co.jp/sports/new...002432680.html

(hate the red pants...)
    Wow, with those red pants and red dresses people look heavier. Even Asada doesn’t look so small-framed in this picture.

Custom Title
    I don't know if anyone posted this yet but here is Yuzuru's interview with Japanskates after his FS in CoC
    http://www.japanskates.com/photos/CC...2011_Event.htm

Isn't Hanyu only 16 years old? Boys/men generally keep growing until they're 21 so he's still got many years of growing left to do.

Custom Title
    There was this discussion about Yuzuru's religious faith...

I think Yuzuru is in fact a Christian, he wears a cross:

http://magicaleggplant.tumblr.com/po...43945353#notes

Custom Title
    There was this discussion about Yuzuru's religious faith...

OMG he is such a flowerboy in that picture so adorable >.<

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAxuan8npMc
    This is his Nagoya skate. It finally got uploaded on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbmN-HIKyXA
    This is his exhibition at Japanese nationals. It was really good so much better than when he performed it as a SP.
    Last edited by FTnoona; 02-17-2012 at 02:12 AM.

Banned
    ^

so adorable.
    love his neck emblems
    >_<

Banned

You should visit at least one jewelry shop in Japan. They wear crosses, and not only them, not always knowing what those symbols really mean. It's just a piece of western-style jewelry, many think. Well, nothing terribly wrong with that I guess. Yuzuru never mentioned that he was a Christian. He did say that he put a cross to keep his body strong (like a cross) during jumps. Sometimes he did it left-right, sometimes right-left, the thing that a religious Christian person would unlikely ever confuse. He also occasionally put an additional line on his waist, which has nothing to do with a cross at all. His school buddy Hino has pretty much the same habbit.

Tripping on the Podium
    Hanyu visited a shrine to pray for good luck (I guess).

So I think he's not a Christian

http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/9264/52739224.jpg

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommmy View Post
    Hanyu visited a shrine to pray for good luck (I guess).

So I think he's not a Christian

http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/9264/52739224.jpg
    It's not unusual for some Japanese Christians to get blessings from Shinto-Buddhist temples. A lot of Japanese don't identify themselves Shinto but continue perform Shinto rituals. After World War II and decades of state sanctioned religion, Shintoism in Japan slowly became a part of Japanese culture and divorced from religious affiliation.

It's similar to how some Christian Koreans converts continue to celebrate Chuseok, a festival of ancestor worship, or Indian Christians take part in certain Hindu festivals. Still, Hanyu may do it just for good luck. You won't believe how popular Christian imagery on accessories is in Asia.

Page 8 of 929 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 58 108 508 ... LastLast