Page 48 of 88 FirstFirst ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... LastLast

Thread: Yuzuru Hanyu: 2012-13 Season

Medalist

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by FTnoona View Post
    The picture of him forcing a smile while there were tears in his eyes was the most heart wrenching one. I Hasn't he been getting sick often this season? It might be his bad luck or possibly having problems adjusting to the new environment?
    Yuzu has always had asthma and a very fragile body. That's why he didn't trained intensively , but it had worked perfectly for him till last season.

The point is if his actual coach is able to handle this physical frailty and -I would dare to say- is able to handle so much talent in its developing trajectory without killing it.

Tripping on the Podium

0 Not allowed!
    I saw the picture of him crying and my heart break, I don't care about placement anymore, I just hope that he is happy!

0 Not allowed!
    Hope Yuzuru has a good FS. Sorry he was unwell and had the knee injury. I think next season perhaps Dai and Yuzuru should not do so many shows leading up to OG, they could be tired as they had a long season and have done shows in Japan. I know when i lived in Finland with Asthma, any cold i got was much worse than average as it went to my lungs.

0 Not allowed!
    Is it David Wilson wiping his tear?

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    I am not a regular visitor here, so may not be welcomed by his devoted fans here I am afraid...but after seeing his SP showing, I sincerely hope Yuzuru is fine both physically and mentally. He, not only pale, but looked to me to have lost a couple of pounds again.

Securing 3 spots for Sochi is important for the sake of JSF and its skaters, yes, but its skaters' health issue/conditions should come as the first priority no matter what. There is always a 'next' World Championship. every season. However, there is only one skater in the world named Yuzuru Hanyu. His team should think about WD in the Free if necessary. My belief is Daisuke and Takahito will, should and are very capable to do just fine to place high enough to secure 3 spots together. Especially Daisuke, as the most experienced skater on the senior circuit adn as someone who had to sit out the whole 2008-09 season due to almost-career-ending injury, without doubt will fight hard to get onto the podium at least, so that will give Takahito some room to breathe (i.e. 10th finish), you know. In the worst senario Japan may lose a spot in the end...so what? I would say. It's not the end of the world. It's just one spot in one skating competition at one olympic games. There will be another olympic games in 4 years. But if Yuzu still wants to compete in the Free, then I just hope Yuzuru does not further injure his knee. Fingers crossed.

Spectator

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by figuristka View Post
    Is it David Wilson wiping his tear?
    Yes,indeed.

Tripping on the Podium

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by deedee1 View Post
    I am not a regular visitor here, so may not be welcomed by his devoted fans here I am afraid...but after seeing his SP showing, I sincerely hope Yuzuru is fine both physically and mentally. He, not only pale, but looked to me to have lost a couple of pounds again.

Securing 3 spots for Sochi is important for the sake of JSF and its skaters, yes, but its skaters' health issue/conditions should come as the first priority no matter what. There is always a 'next' World Championship. every season. However, there is only one skater in the world named Yuzuru Hanyu. His team should think about WD in the Free if necessary. My belief is Daisuke and Takahito will, should and are very capable to do just fine to place high enough to secure 3 spots together. Especially Daisuke, as the most experienced skater on the senior circuit adn as someone who had to sit out the whole 2008-09 season due to almost-career-ending injury, without doubt will fight hard to get onto the podium at least, so that will give Takahito some room to breathe (i.e. 10th finish), you know. In the worst senario Japan may lose a spot in the end...so what? I would say. It's not the end of the world. It's just one spot in one skating competition at one olympic games. There will be another olympic games in 4 years. But if Yuzu still wants to compete in the Free, then I just hope Yuzuru does not further injure his knee. Fingers crossed.
    As a Yuzuru fan, I'm really glad to see your post and totally agree on every points.

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Elsa G View Post
    Yes,indeed.
    Here's the video.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TB9122f5Upc

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    http://ameblo.jp/aokonoto/entry-11491079366.html
    Sources: Asahi Sports and Japanese twitters.
    Yuzu's condition seems to have improved during Final Practice. He managed to land his quad toe, all solo triple jumps and combinations but still fell on 4S.
    I'm trying to stay positive. This might be a good sign.

Tripping on the Podium

0 Not allowed!
    Omgerd did Hanyu come back fighting! I'm sorry I ever doubted him
    Did he say that his knee felt sore when he was in the KnC with Wilson? I hope he didn't end up making the injury much worse than it could have been. I still stand by what I said that he should stand down if he is injured.
    Did anyone think that Hanyu could have gotten a bit more in PCS for his free?

Tripping on the Podium

1 Not allowed!
    He did it again. I can't believe it.
    I am just SO proud of him.

Now please heel your injured left knee, Yuzuru.
    You may come back to Japan for examination, but not for WTT.

Spectator

1 Not allowed!
    Yuzuru, I am so proud of you!!! You skated for Japan's 3 Sochi spots without regard to your own health. You are a true hero.

I hope that when you go back home, Japanese media will have only good things to say about you, and not focus on not getting a medal (THAT's going to make me mad). Be proud of yourself Yuzuru!!! And please, take care of your health -- I still want to see you in the next two Olympics!

Tripping on the Podium

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by deedee1 View Post

Thank you for your warm-hearted post.
    I wish every Japanese skating fan was as nice as you were

Spectator

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by yude View Post
    I wish every Japanese skating fan was as nice as you were
    yude, is that not true? because if it weren't, that's so sad. I hate it when people just care about medals and not about all the hard work and injuries these athletes have to go through to give a good show.

Spectator

1 Not allowed!
    Here's a recent article on Men's FS. http://hochi.yomiuri.co.jp/sports/wi...OHT1T00061.htm

Translating Yuzuru's comments (too literal, sorry -- but I hope I get the message across):

Yuzuru: "It was fighting spirit. My knee and ankle are injured, but I thought I would strive to complete it even if I collapse at the end. I have this immense feeling of achievement. I thought practice is really important."

This is really touching, Yuzu. Such fighting spirit. I salute you. :'(

Page 48 of 88 FirstFirst ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... LastLast