Page 80 of 813 FirstFirst ... 30 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 130 180 580 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 12189

Thread: Yuzuru Hanyu

Custom Title
    Omgerd did Hanyu come back fighting! I'm sorry I ever doubted him
    Did he say that his knee felt sore when he was in the KnC with Wilson? I hope he didn't end up making the injury much worse than it could have been. I still stand by what I said that he should stand down if he is injured.
    Did anyone think that Hanyu could have gotten a bit more in PCS for his free?

Custom Title
    He did it again. I can't believe it.
    I am just SO proud of him.

Now please heel your injured left knee, Yuzuru.
    You may come back to Japan for examination, but not for WTT.

On the Ice
    Yuzuru, I am so proud of you!!! You skated for Japan's 3 Sochi spots without regard to your own health. You are a true hero.

I hope that when you go back home, Japanese media will have only good things to say about you, and not focus on not getting a medal (THAT's going to make me mad). Be proud of yourself Yuzuru!!! And please, take care of your health -- I still want to see you in the next two Olympics!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by deedee1 View Post
    I am not a regular visitor here, so may not be welcomed by his devoted fans here I am afraid...but after seeing his SP showing, I sincerely hope Yuzuru is fine both physically and mentally. He, not only pale, but looked to me to have lost a couple of pounds again.

Securing 3 spots for Sochi is important for the sake of JSF and its skaters, yes, but its skaters' health issue/conditions should come as the first priority no matter what. There is always a 'next' World Championship. every season. However, there is only one skater in the world named Yuzuru Hanyu. His team should think about WD in the Free if necessary. My belief is Daisuke and Takahito will, should and are very capable to do just fine to place high enough to secure 3 spots together. Especially Daisuke, as the most experienced skater on the senior circuit adn as someone who had to sit out the whole 2008-09 season due to almost-career-ending injury, without doubt will fight hard to get onto the podium at least, so that will give Takahito some room to breathe (i.e. 10th finish), you know. In the worst senario Japan may lose a spot in the end...so what? I would say. It's not the end of the world. It's just one spot in one skating competition at one olympic games. There will be another olympic games in 4 years. But if Yuzu still wants to compete in the Free, then I just hope Yuzuru does not further injure his knee. Fingers crossed.
    Thank you for your warm-hearted post.
    I wish every Japanese skating fan was as nice as you were

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by yude View Post
    I wish every Japanese skating fan was as nice as you were
    yude, is that not true? because if it weren't, that's so sad. I hate it when people just care about medals and not about all the hard work and injuries these athletes have to go through to give a good show. :(

On the Ice
    Here's a recent article on Men's FS. http://hochi.yomiuri.co.jp/sports/wi...OHT1T00061.htm

Translating Yuzuru's comments (too literal, sorry -- but I hope I get the message across):

Yuzuru: "It was fighting spirit. My knee and ankle are injured, but I thought I would strive to complete it even if I collapse at the end. I have this immense feeling of achievement. I thought practice is really important."

This is really touching, Yuzu. Such fighting spirit. I salute you. :'(

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by sampaguita View Post
    Yuzuru, I am so proud of you!!! You skated for Japan's 3 Sochi spots without regard to your own health. You are a true hero.

I hope that when you go back home, Japanese media will have only good things to say about you, and not focus on not getting a medal (THAT's going to make me mad). Be proud of yourself Yuzuru!!! And please, take care of your health -- I still want to see you in the next two Olympics!
    Couldn't agree more!

Yuzu really fought for Japan's 3 spots, and 4th, 6th and 8th is actually not bad, congrates on securing 3 spot!

But...seems Yuzu hurt his right ankle again during 6min warm-up...please take care of yourself Yuzu, I'd rather see you not to skate than skate with injury...Hope he'll skip EX and WTT.

Custom Title
    yude, is that not true? because if it weren't, that's so sad. I hate it when people just care about medals and not about all the hard work and injuries these athletes have to go through to give a good show. :(
    Well, SOME people and the media are like that. They like "who' s falt is that?" kind of things.
    Maybe it is the same for other contries.

Custom Title
    Here's a recent article on Men's FS. http://hochi.yomiuri.co.jp/sports/wi...OHT1T00061.htm

Translating Yuzuru's comments (too literal, sorry -- but I hope I get the message across):

Yuzuru: "It was fighting spirit. My knee and ankle are injured, but I thought I would strive to complete it even if I collapse at the end. I have this immense feeling of achievement. I thought practice is really important."

This is really touching, Yuzu. Such fighting spirit. I salute you. :'(
    Thanks, sampaguita! Really proud of our boy. =) And agree with everyone that he should skip EX and WTT.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by FTnoona View Post
    Omgerd did Hanyu come back fighting! I'm sorry I ever doubted him
    Did he say that his knee felt sore when he was in the KnC with Wilson? I hope he didn't end up making the injury much worse than it could have been. I still stand by what I said that he should stand down if he is injured.
    Did anyone think that Hanyu could have gotten a bit more in PCS for his free?
    Yes, I think he deserved more than 80.

On the Ice
    News article about Yuzu:

Translation (yude and zydeco88, could you please double check? I'm especially unsure about the last sentence. I'm also not sure if all the direct quotes were from Yuzuru himself, or if they were said by somebody else. Thanks!):

He couldn't even stand. When Hanyu finished his program, he knelt on the ice with both knees and fell forward. "I was out of breath and my foot was hurting I couldn't move. But I said thank you to the ice." It was a free program in which the 18-year-old gave his body and soul.

It was a miraculous skate, considering what happened two days ago at the SP. He was able to land his opening quad toe. Despite having his hand on the ice in the quad salchow, the jump he kept missing in major international competitions this season, he still landed it. To conserve his energy, he decreased his speed in his spins and step sequences, but he was able to complete all 7 jumps as planned. "I wouldn't be satisfied with it if I were in my best condition, but I had a great sense of achievement."

In February, he rested for 10 days because of a cold, and he also injured his left knee. Without disclosing all of this (to the media), he sunk to 9th place in the SP. The World Championships is an important event that determines the number of slots for the Sochi Olympics. "As a Japanese representative, I feel I have no excuse (?). But now that I'm here, I think that I have to finish this without any abstention." In practice this morning, his old injury in his right ankle grew worse. However, without turning away from the responsibility placed upon him, he contributed to Japan's securing the maximum of 3 spots for Sochi.

It has been a year since he has transferred to Canada. He ended this season, where he has improved so much, with a difficult fight, but once again he has shown his strength of spirit. "The Olympics will be held next year. I have to work on basic physical strength so I won't injure myself." He faces this season amidst this feelings of regret. <sorry, not so sure about the last sentence.>

Banned
    Hanyu didn't give up in the FS
    he has health issues but placing 4th is already commendable

my eternal dream is for Hanyu to OGM in Sochi
    He will be back , Prince of FS waiting to finally sit in his throne

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Becki View Post
    Yes, I think he deserved more than 80.
    Now that I think about, 80 is reasonable for what he put out there. The low PE score is understandable because he showed his exhaustion and the last footwork sequence was quite subdued as a result. The range in his TR score from competition to competition is a bit strange since he doesn't really do his program that much differently competition to competition, but I guess the judges really put an emphasis on quality which would explain why he got 8.07 at 4CC and 7.75 at worlds

Hoping that he is gonna get a nice R&R period after worlds for all his injuries to heal. It might be good for Hanyu to do less shows next season so he can have enough energy to peak at Sochi.

Omg is the old ankle injury the one from '12 worlds? He has a bum right ankle and left knee? He's Kobe Bryant-ing his way through his programs

On the Ice
    Here's another news article. I can't believe he actually said the statement in bold.

"It was fighting spirit...". He didn't have enough strength in his body. Hanyu, injured all over, collapsed on the ice after his performance.

He took medicine for his left knee which was injured just before the competition, but the pain didn't go away completely. Because he gave his all in his first performance on the first day, he fell twice even in the 6 minute warmup. This time, he injured his right ankle.

However, when he began his performance, he succeeded on his opening quad. His next quad was underrotated and his right hand touched the ice on landing, but he didn't fall. With a score of 169.05, he got a combined total of 244.99 including the SP.

What roused Hanyu was a sense of responsibility as a representative of Japan. To get the maximum of 3 spots for the Sochi Olympics like in Vancouver, the top 2 athletes must get a combined placement of 13 or better. A lot was expected of the Japanese champion (lit. king of all-Japan). "I felt that to say that I shouldn't challenge myself because of my condition is inexcusable, but I thought that I would aim to complete this until the end."

Before he injured his left knee, he had influenza for which he took a 20-day leave <I think this is wrong, he only missed 10 days>, and he felt his lack of practice. "I thought that everything that I've worked for in a year, I am not going to lose in a month." He was saved from his own dilemma by his training in Toronto.
    Yuzuru, I admire you. I really, really do. And I'm happy that the Japanese media appreciated your hard work instead of bashing you for not getting a medal. Thank you Yuzu. Thank you.
    Last edited by sampaguita; 03-16-2013 at 07:59 AM. Reason: fixed translation

Custom Title
    Thank you Yuzu! My samurai!

Page 80 of 813 FirstFirst ... 30 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 130 180 580 ... LastLast