Page 88 of 807 FirstFirst ... 38 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 138 188 588 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 12091

Thread: Yuzuru Hanyu

Custom Title
    A subtitled video of Hanyu's reaction to the natural disaster and NHK trophy.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=rBwrDu8F3L0#!

At around 7.40 into the video Hanyu explains his take on his FS. To him, the FS represents a road of recovery from the tsunami. The beginning is sad, but it ends on a high note. After finding out his interpretation of his FS, I wished he was healthy enough or had enough stamina to carry out his vision. It would have been beautiful.

Big thanks to nonchan from tumblr who does the translations.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by wxunxx View Post
    Simply I just want to deliver some information which I desperately wanted to see on this thread but unfortunately never showed up.
    Wonderful post and thank you so much for sharing, wxunxx! Yuzuru never fails to inspire and impress.

Quote Originally Posted by HJJ View Post
    Thank you for the great information, wxunxx! Actually I joined the forum to support 'his' decision to train in Canada but it was not easy since English is not my language. Anyway thank you again.
    Welcome to you both, please post more, post often

On the Ice
    So you think you understand Yuzuru very well and exactly know what he needs most. Unfortunately Yuzuru himself already fly to another planet.
    Thanks for the wonderful information you brought wxunxx!

Quote Originally Posted by HJJ View Post
    Thank you for the great information, wxunxx! Actually I joined the forum to support 'his' decision to train in Canada but it was not easy since English is not my language. Anyway thank you again.
    Welcome HJJ, please come here and post more often!
    Training in Canada has both pros and cons for Yuzuru not just as a skater but a young man, but I'm cherishing every step of improvments he takes, and believe that he'll overcome the difficulties!

Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    The fan fest threads are intended as havens for enthusiastic fans to “party on” about their favorite guy, gal or couple. Analysis and criticism, debate pro and con, belong in the Edge. If your post does not contain this or this or at least this then this thread is probably not the place for it.
    Thank you Mathma, we'll do our best to not let this thread trouble you AGAIN with all the moderator's work.

Custom Title
    http://www.sports.ru/others/figure-s...145258536.html
    A Russian article published back in December 2012 where Tatiana Tarasova talked about Yuzuru. She says a lot of good things about him. From what I can gather from Google Translate, she considers Yuzuru a genius which she thinks, has been particularly noticeable in the last year and a natural talent, one that can't be underestimated

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by Miyabi View Post
    So Yuzu will wear Weir's costume for the next season? If that's the case, am I the only one who are not excited at all about the news?
    I'm not over the moon with that news either, please please do not be a pink one AGAIN...

Quote Originally Posted by jjane45 View Post
    Any more news on Yuzuru's knee condition?
    No further news which is good I agree, maybe next time he shows up, it'll be the university entrance ceremony?

Medalist
    Thx for all warm welcoming. I appreciated that.

Actually I've been following this thread a long time and I know some of you really concern about his training in Toronto. And I decided to translate some parts of article to clarify a little bit.

Magazine Number 822 2013/2/7

Orser

Yuzuru was like a gambler during competitions, he always try his luck to see whether he could do it. What he needs most is a complete training plan, which exclusively designed for him to adjust his conditions to succeed in competitions.

So what they do? In the article,

The practice has been settled beforehand for Yuzuru everyday. For instance, if tomorrow the plan will focus on long program and then how many mins taking for step sequences will be addressed.
    Yuzuru's comment on training plan

I prepare myself as if I'm going to join some real competitions next day. I feel I'm mentally stronger since I'm stick to my training plan.

The plan Orser designed for me is really detailed and considerate. For example. he controlled what I do during 6 mins warm up in order to increase my practice efficiency. I trust Orser and then I just try my best.
    And also in the article, Yuzuru said

I have a deal with David. He hopes me to challenge myself with increasing difficulties of my long program, execute 4S with transitions, 5 jumps evolved in second half of program aiming for getting higher marks. At beginning I though it was kind of too hard for me but finally I decided to challenge myself too. I determined to get my mission completed

Other information I think someone already posted before, but I'm still going to put it here. Yuzuru explained clearly what's going on at 2013 Worlds.

From Pigeon Post

Yuzuru Hanyu 羽生結弦選手 (JPN), 2012 World bronze medalist
    I am quite satisfied with my program. I put everything I am capable of at this important time into my program. I appreciate everyone and everything for this experience.
    I touched my knee and my ankle at the end of my program to thank them for supporting me.
    After Four Continents I became ill and I missed 10 days of practice. Once I was better I went to training too hard without Brian (Orser). I should have taken a slow start, but I trained too hard, did quad toe and quad Salchow. So I injured my left knee (ligament injury), but I am pretty happy I did my best.
    And Orser's words right after 2013 Worlds

Next season the most important thing we will stick to is to keep Yuzuru healthy.
    I assume everyone understand competition is a complex process for all skaters and coaches. And it's impossible for every time skaters could perform perfectly at their best. I'm so proud Yuzuru could get it through under such harsh conditions both physically and mentally.

Yuzuru is a real fighter, maybe stronger than we all could ever imagine. He's only 18, growing rapidly to be the best. Be patient, just give him time. I could assure you Yuzuru would never fail you as I've been observing him all these years long. He will destroy what trying to destroy him. All we have to do is just wait and see.
    Last edited by Mathman; 03-24-2013 at 07:09 AM. Reason: Thread management.

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by jjane45 View Post
    Wonderful post and thank you so much for sharing, wxunxx! Yuzuru never fails to inspire and impress.
    I think I owe you a THX coz last time I saw you translated my translation (Japanese to Chinese) which I put on a Chinese Yuzuru fan site.

Welcome, wxunxx and HJJ. Thanks for joining us. Post often, post long!

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    I've tried to unapprove all the posts where posters insulted other posters. I hope I have succeeded in getting them all.

It is permissible in a fan fest thread to discuss & criticize coaching and training choices of skaters. However, the general tone of fan fest threads is supposed to be happy. Really serious discussions belong in The Edge, or in the competition folders.

Fan fest threads are not as frequently read over by moderators, especially during very busy times on the forum, like during Worlds, Europeans, and Four Continents. Consequently, we miss things sometimes. That happened in this thread. We rely on you to report problems rather than firing back on the thread.

Custom Title
    Thank you dorispulaski, hope we are getting there!

I think I owe you a THX coz last time I saw you translated my translation (Japanese to Chinese) which I put on a Chinese Yuzuru fan site.
    Thank YOU!

Custom Title
    I look forward to the next Yuzu programs.

I like he's of this year's short program.

Custom Title
    Triple Axel!

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by ser22 View Post
    I look forward to the next Yuzu programs.

I like he's of this year's short program.
    Since David Wilson watched Yuzuru's skating in person at Worlds, I think he will have a better understanding of Yuzuru (personality, skating style) and choreograph accordingly just like he did for Javi's long program. That Chaplin program was just right for Javi.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by Miyabi View Post
    I can tell that the person who made this really loves Yuzu. I enjoyed every second of the video....
    Very much so

Page 88 of 807 FirstFirst ... 38 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 138 188 588 ... LastLast