Page 90 of 706 FirstFirst ... 40 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 140 190 590 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 10579

Thread: Yuzuru Hanyu

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by wxunxx View Post
    Joke? Shocked? Sorry I don't get your point.

IMO obviously the key of bringing success to Yuzuru is he better to be physically available towards every competition he may participate in. Otherwise, it could be sure we would see more Yuzuru Drama which definitely not something I would enjoy to see coming into Olympic Season. I'm done with those dramas.
    I hope so, but as someone said, he is the kind of person that wears his heart on his sleeve, I don't mind seeing more drama, but I hope that'll be happy ones :-)

Custom Title
    From interviews it's clear Yuzuru has been "prescribed" detailed training plans to pace him, to strengthen him, and to prevent overuse injuries. Bumping into the door at 4CC... well was a fluke accident.

Party on.

Medalist
    Orser mentioned couple of times before how much important to keep Yuzuru healthy. And we all see he stressed in the interview again health management is crucial to Yuzuru, particularly facing to next big season.

FYI physical training's a part of Yuzuru's training plan since Yuzuru came to Toronto last year. In postgame interview of FS Worlds 2013, Yuzuru explained again what he has been through after 4CC, his injury etc. He said stamina still bothers him a lot, he will develop his physical strength and stay healthy to face next season's challenges. For what he learn from Fs Worlds 2013, he believes practice is important and what he received from one year hard practice will not lose in one month.

Orser also said in Yahoo news report, “I sent off him with telling ‘Practice will never fail to reward you!’

Yes, we all saw the results. Practice will never fail to reward Yuzuru, specially with his amazing talent. Every test he conquers always drive him to grow up more, one step after another, I really look forward to see that day comes, Yuzuru reaches to Unbeatable Yuzuru Hanyu, to quote his own words, 'Now I'm only about 30% and I think I'm full of possibilities. I, myself also feel interesting to see how much I could develop myself in the future .'

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by sweet_Michelle View Post
    I hope so, but as someone said, he is the kind of person that wears his heart on his sleeve, I don't mind seeing more drama, but I hope that'll be happy ones :-)
    I just hope he will never injury himself again, that's the only thing I care about now.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by jjane45 View Post
    From interviews it's clear Yuzuru has been "prescribed" detailed training plans to pace him, to strengthen him, and to prevent overuse injuries. Bumping into the door at 4CC... well was a fluke accident.

Party on.
    From pigeon post: After Four Continents I became ill and I missed 10 days of practice. Once I was better I went to training too hard without Brian (Orser). I should have taken a slow start, but I trained too hard, did quad toe and quad Salchow. So I injured my left knee (ligament injury), but I am pretty happy I did my best.

Yuzuru candidly admitted he trained Quads too hard without Brian after 4CC, so nothing secretly, he just took the decision and the responsibility ( as he did in Nov-Dec. When trained alone in Japan before GPS and JN) to disobey his coach and his prescribed details plans...

honestly there’s no sign of contrition in Yuzu’s words since he said he’s pretty happy he did his best - and much better than 4 CC FS -and he really did it considering his miserable physical condition....
    He only said he should have taken a slower start!!

Party on

Medalist
    Be more clear, I'll put YouTube link here, there was Yuzuru's post game interview at final.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pD4niLiRz0s

In postgame interview of FS Worlds 2013, Yuzuru explained again what he has been through after 4CC, his injury etc. He said stamina still bothers him a lot, he will develop his physical strength and stay healthy to face next season's challenges. For what he learn from Fs Worlds 2013, he believes practice is important and what he received from one year hard practice will not lose in one month.

Custom Title
    Be more clear, I'll put YouTube link here, there was Yuzuru's post game interview at final.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pD4niLiRz0s
    I apologize if I wasn't clear

I 've read the pigeon post from your post #1313

Yuzuru Hanyu 羽生結弦選手 (JPN), 2012 World bronze medalist
    I am quite satisfied with my program. I put everything I am capable of at this important time into my program. I appreciate everyone and everything for this experience.
    I touched my knee and my ankle at the end of my program to thank them for supporting me.
    After Four Continents I became ill and I missed 10 days of practice. Once I was better I went to training too hard without Brian (Orser). I should have taken a slow start, but I trained too hard, did quad toe and quad Salchow. So I injured my left knee (ligament injury), but I am pretty happy I did my best.

hope it helps

Medalist

Party on.
    Certainly just bad luck. Maybe it's just another test. I just remembered Kevin also injured his knee after 4CC, two unlucky boys. Wish both Yuzu and Kevin a speedy recovery.

4CC, such a mystery.

Custom Title
    This fan has kindly translated the whole IFS article on Yuzu into Japanese. Since the magazine is still on sale, I'm just gonna share some interesting tidbits from there:
    1. Javi and Yuzu constantly spurs each other on as they continue to grow while strengthening their friendship and that creates a very good training atmosphere. Both of them are gentlemanly and polite. Orser thinks that even though they have polar opposite personalities, describing Javi as more of a free spirit while Yuzuru a bit sheltered, they get on extremely well with each other. Javi is like an elder brother figure to Yuzu who cares for his well-being. When Javi falls on his jumps, Yuzu helps him up. When Yuzu manages to land his quad salchow, Javi gives him an applause. During program run-throughs, they encourage each other. It is perhaps comforting to them to train with somebody who's in the same boat, who experiences similar stress and pressure.
    2. Recently, Yuzu has started studying sports science to prepare for Sochi Olympics. He wants to learn how to control his nerves and deal with the pressures from the media, spectators and judges alike.
    3. He says that 2014 Sochi Olympics will not be the end of his competitive career. He'd like to continue competing post-Sochi and thinks he might retire post-2018. However, nothing is definite.
    4. At first, he was worried re 4S being incorporated into his free program as he thought that it would be difficult to land the jumps in competitions.
    5. He says that he can execute 3A three times in a row and mentions that he has done a 4S-3A sequence in an ice show before. However, the writer (Tatjana Flade) says that we shouldn't get our hopes up and expect him to perform them in real competitions, at least not this season, as Yuzu says that it'd be difficult to incorporate them into competitive programs.

Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    The full article is here: http://fsrussia.ru//news/311_tatyana...olshaya-chest/ TAT also said: "He is just a junior in the sense that his body can't keep up with his growth. Also, all things depend on his body condition probably. For example he has to deal with the jet leg, but he doesn't know how."
    Thanks for the link to the full article, let's talk! And for the translation bit as well!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by zydeco88 View Post
    This fan has kindly translated the whole IFS article on Yuzu into Japanese. Since the magazine is still on sale, I'm just gonna share some interesting tidbits from there:
    1. Javi and Yuzu constantly spurs each other on as they continue to grow while strengthening their friendship and that creates a very good training atmosphere. Both of them are gentlemanly and polite. Orser thinks that even though they have polar opposite personalities, describing Javi as more of a free spirit while Yuzuru a bit sheltered, they get on extremely well with each other. Javi is like an elder brother figure to Yuzu who cares for his well-being. When Javi falls on his jumps, Yuzu helps him up. When Yuzu manages to land his quad salchow, Javi gives him an applause. During program run-throughs, they encourage each other. It is perhaps comforting to them to train with somebody who's in the same boat, who experiences similar stress and pressure.
    2. Recently, Yuzu has started studying sports science to prepare for Sochi Olympics. He wants to learn how to control his nerves and deal with the pressures from the media, spectators and judges alike.
    3. He says that 2014 Sochi Olympics will not be the end of his competitive career. He'd like to continue competing post-Sochi and thinks he might retire post-2018. However, nothing is definite.
    4. At first, he was worried re 4S being incorporated into his free program as he thought that it would be difficult to land the jumps in competitions.
    5. He says that he can execute 3A three times in a row and mentions that he has done a 4S-3A sequence in an ice show before. However, the writer (Tatjana Flade) says that we shouldn't get our hopes up and expect him to perform them in real competitions, at least not this season, as Yuzu says that it'd be difficult to incorporate them into competitive programs.

Thanks for the link to the full article, let's talk! And for the translation bit as well!
    Thank You!

On the Ice
    Yuzu sent a bouquet to the cast of Notre Dame de Paris. This kid is too much. Also, Tatianna calling Yuzu a genius... Party on!

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by giulia95 View Post
    As an adult I'm shocked because I have been watching an underweight kid collapsing and gasping from Finland Throphy to Worlds throughout the whole season but now I know it wasn't the most important thing for his coach

speechless...
    It was never said that that wasn't the most important thing during the past season, just that it will be the focus of the upcoming season.

Party on

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by HelTra91 View Post
    Yuzu sent a bouquet to the cast of Notre Dame de Paris. This kid is too much. Also, Tatianna calling Yuzu a genius... Party on!
    I just saw the picture at the tumblr. I have never heard of a skater sending a bouquet to thank for music. Just speechless!
    Are these casts performing in Japan?

Speaking of a genius, the British commentators also called Yuzu an absolute genius during the FS at Worlds!

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by HJJ View Post
    Speaking of a genius, the British commentators also called Yuzu an absolute genius during the FS at Worlds!
    Yes, and the two gentlemen said they are massive fans of Yuzuru after that.

Bumping into the door at 4CC... well was a fluke accident.
    Yes, that was such a shame since he was in really good shape during 4CC, did clean run throughs in official practice with wonderful speed and power, and executed lots of beautiful 4S...

to quote his own words, 'Now I'm only about 30% and I think I'm full of possibilities. I, myself also feel interesting to see how much I could develop myself in the future .'
    The way he said that in the interview just makes me go

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by HJJ View Post
    I just saw the picture at the tumblr. I have never heard of a skater sending a bouquet to thank for music. Just speechless!
    Are these casts performing in Japan?

I checked out their FB page, the cast was performing in Japan at the time! (I really like this little dancing icon)

Page 90 of 706 FirstFirst ... 40 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 140 190 590 ... LastLast