Page 95 of 629 FirstFirst ... 45 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 145 195 595 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 9432

Thread: Yuzuru Hanyu

Custom Title
    I think Boy's Heart or Go The Distance is more suitable for Yuzu, though. Fumiya-san has a lot of good songs, we're spoilt for choice.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by zydeco88 View Post
    I think Boy's Heart or Go The Distance is more suitable for Yuzu, though. Fumiya-san has a lot of good songs, we're spoilt for choice.
    I love Go The Distance especially when it's sung with a softer voice like the original movie version. It's my favorite Disney song and I totally agree that this song would fit Hanyu's journey, especially with the little hick up in the road with all the injuries and coaching controversy, he is out to prove himself just like young Hercules

On the Ice
    Oh my... 'I can go the distance' The lyrics of this song is just for Yuzu. He is not seeking for love though, of course "I can do it. I can go the distance.." I can imagine him skating to it. I like this song. Thank you for the link.

Custom Title
    Yuzu will be collaborating with Fujii Fumiya, a famous Japanese pop singer for his Art on Ice performance in June. I wonder what kind of song he'll be skating to this time. I'm excited.
    Thank you! I look forward!

Medalist
    SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT LOL!!

I'm sure Yuzuru and Fujii San will get along very well whatever song they decide to work together, both of them are big fan of dumplings haha.
    Maybe they could throw a dumping banquet as after party. That would be lots of fun.

Medalist
    Blog repo of Yuzuru's Graduation Ceremony, thx to President of Students'Union of Tokoku High School.

http://www.dclog.jp/en/7259432/517471353

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by FTnoona View Post
    If Hanyu really wants to do 3 quads in his program, especially if it is 3 different quads, I hope that his coach may try to persuade him otherwise. It was so sad to see how exhausted he was with a 2 different quad program. If he really wants to go for three quads, I hope that he will concede and repeat the 4T. Incorporating a new quad when the 4S is still unreliable does not sound like a good plan to me.
    I agree. I think TES-wise his current FS is very good (ok, Javi has 3 quads but only 1 3A). He just needs stable 4S and enough strength for 2 programs.

On the Ice
    Yuzu will be collaborating with Fujii Fumiya, a famous Japanese pop singer for his Art on Ice performance in June. I wonder what kind of song he'll be skating to this time. I'm excited.
    Hana ni Nare is already one of the most beautiful programs I have ever seen, now we get another one!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by HJJ View Post
    Yuzu's history of overtraining himself was there long before he moved to Canada. Even when he was with Abe coach, he overtrained and injured himself. (Isn't that what wxunxx said?) Even at 2012 Worlds, he injured his ankle again during FS practice while he practiced several 4T.
    Yes and No. No, neither Nanami Abe nor his novice coach ever said that Yuzu was overtrained under their supervision. Tsuzuki said that Yuzu used to be a lazy one when he was a small boy. But then he decided to work hard and got rewarded for that- he won the J-Novice championship. Abe said he was a very hardworking student. Yes, wxunxx interpreted his ex-coaches's words as "history of overtraining himself" to back up Orser. That's not correct because working hard and being overworked are not even near the same things.
    Of course anyone can get injuried during practice or even break bones. It happens all the time in all sports, it's called "accident" and it's often no one's fault. Another thing is jumper's knee that Yuzu was diagnosed with after the Worlds. It's not a trauma. It's a health condition that is often caused by training errors like for example increase in the frequency of training. http://www.coreconcepts.com.sg/mcr/patellar-tendinitis/

Custom Title
    Thank you for the link. I haven't read this article. I didn't know about the medicine and hay fever.

Wow!!!What a wonderful news!!! Another Fumiya!! Now, I really hope he will recover by June...and I already wonder what kind of costume he will have

Medalist
    Yuzuru really enjoys to challenge himself but sometimes lost control. I love his endless Samurai Spirit but I was worried so much.

For example, from one Special TV Program of Yuzuru, named 東北未来人, broadcast on 19th Nov 2010.

In the TV program, it's said Yuzuru was practicing 60 quad jumps in one hour a day, almost one minute one quad.

Kato San: After seeing video footage of Yuzuru's practice, I was shocked by his hard training.

Honda San(Takeshi Honda, famous Japanese male skater): Yes, I'm worried. I would say Yuzuru practicing 60 quad jumps are too much, for me, to the most, I used to practice 20 quad jumps a day. 60 quad jumps, is that too much?

Yuzuru: For me, I don't think I jumped too much, I addicted to practice jumps and easily I just forgot how many times I took off anyway. I definitely want to jump
    In last year interview, Orser said when he watched Yuzuru practicing at first time, Yuzuru was losing control of practicing quad jumps. I was thinking, oh yes Mr. Orser, this is exactly the problem you have to deal with. And I'm so glad Orser leads Yuzuru to engage more basic skating skills as Yuzuru also admitted in magazine interview he's lack of practicing skating skills.

I think Yuzuru should understand it now, over training himself is not such a good idea for his future career. Everything he's been through of FS Worlds 2013 teaches him a life long lesson.

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by yude View Post
    Thank you for the link. I haven't read this article. I didn't know about the medicine and hay fever.
    No problem. Glad to help.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by wxunxx View Post
    In the TV program, it's said Yuzuru was practicing 60 quad jumps in one hour a day, almost one minute one quad.
    60 quads a day without off-ice conditioning. No wonder he incurred many injuries.

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by HelTra91 View Post
    3 quads I don't know if he is physically strong enough to take on that challenge but surely the only thing he is thinking is "If Javi can do it, so can I"
    Exactly. I thought it too It must be so frustrating for him seeing Javi doing those beautiful quads and winning Euros with flawless program.

Quote Originally Posted by giulia95 View Post
    this is the message #557, 8/21/12

I didn't know Yuzuru was just like Mao!!
    He is. In a way that he always keeps challenging himself like Mao. And that's what worries me somehow.
    It's great to challenge yourself, but what matters for judges is clean programs (except for "we know who")
    It's easier to have same layout in programs every year than trying to ad new jumps and difficulties.
    I like to see Yuzuru pushing his limits it's really inspiring and I wish I 'd have at least half of his confidence and willpower, but I also would like to see flawless programs that make you forget you're watching a competition.
    If he can actually mix the 2 then he'll be unbeatable. Probably?

Looking forward to this Will it be broadcasted?

Rinkside

Yuzuru Hanyu

Quote Originally Posted by swurvestar View Post
    I would like Hanyu to skate to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nr8jrP8VoD4
    I think Les Supremes did it in '11 for their SP: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEUh3knkAM4

I would also love if someone had to do a Romeo & Juliet theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HC6utNzmvqA

The German or French pairs to use this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnwxXNfdsxU

One of the ladies or US pair to use this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgaTQ5-XfMM

Katelyn to use this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLpmaWEUobI
    You, my friend, have good taste in music
    Last edited by dorispulaski; 03-29-2013 at 10:06 AM. Reason: fix quote

Page 95 of 629 FirstFirst ... 45 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 145 195 595 ... LastLast