Page 99 of 569 FirstFirst ... 49 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 149 199 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 8530

Thread: Yuzuru Hanyu

On the Ice
    You are right. I simply forgot that it was too late for a high school graduation ceremony. Since I saw Kanako's graduation in a news and there was Yuzuru's middle school graduation video, I thought that there would be one.

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunamao View Post
    Again thanks wxunxx. You're a really good Yuzupedia for Yuzu fans!
    How can he still be so cute? I'm dying every time I see him doing those perfect scisor finger poses!
    Like you, I also gathered lots of videos (performances and news) that I organised by seasons in my folders. But always afraid to lose it someday. Computers aren't eternal...
    Avec plaisir.

I strongly suggest you may want to purchase some HDDs prior to safe data storage. Computers could be fragile sometimes, for example, I lost some precious videos in 2006 due to virus infections.

PS.HJJ, zydeco88, I was also surprised there was nothing reported of Yuzuru's Graduation Ceremony, specially not even on KAHOKU SHIMPO (!!) and Tohoku High School Officlal website didn't update anything about it till now which seems particularly weird to me.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by zydeco88 View Post
    My favourite episode from the first blog report on Yuzu's grad ceremony:
    While signing an autograph, one of the teachers he's been indebted to, chirped in jokingly:
    Teach: "I'm putting it up for sale. Make it nice."
    Yuzu: "Eh... If you're planning to sell it, I won't sign it nicely." (laughters ensued)
    That was my favorite part, too! After reading this report, I was convinced again that he was a very polite and kind person.

Yuzupedia

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by wxunxx View Post
    Avec plaisir.

I strongly suggest you may want to purchase some HDDs prior to safe data storage. Computers could be fragile sometimes, for example, I lost some precious videos in 2006 due to virus infections.
    Oh Nice french!
    Yes I have one but there's already so many videos that it's almost full. So I desperately try to suppress some (heartbroken). That's been 7 years that I follow figure skating, and can't imagine how many hdd I'll need to save all my favorite videos if I follow skating for the next 50 years!
    I thought Mao Yu-Na Daisuke and others would retire after 2014 OG and that I wouldn't have any faves anymore. So I didn't worry about my hdd's space. But I didn't expect Yuzuru to suddenly arise in my own little FS world. Because actually I admit that I used to hate him before 2011 CoR. Only idiots can change.

Custom Title
    PS.HJJ, zydeco88, I was also surprised there was nothing reported of Yuzuru's Graduation Ceremony, specially not even on KAHOKU SHIMPO (!!) and Tohoku High School Officlal website didn't update anything about it till now which seems particularly weird to me.
    He could have personally requested his school to keep everything among themselves. Maybe, he didn't want to have any media attention, especially on a special important once-in-a-lifetime occasion like this, keeping a low profile and going about things in peace. If he had attended the official graduation ceremony in Feb, I think he would have received the same media treatment as Kanako. And he's not some big-name idol whose every move is under constant scrutiny of paparazzi or ardent fans, so even important things like this can fly under the radar, especially when it's kept in secret .

On the Ice
    ITA I was already disappointed last year when Yuzu couldn't participate. But I thought 1 year isn't that bad to wait. And then again this year he won't be there. One of the reason I'd like to see him join WTT is to see his reactions in the K&C.
    He seems so reserved but we all know that he is just a big dork. How better to showcase that than to be with the biggest dork of Team Japan, Uncle Dai? :( Dammit Yuzu, why couldn't you just be healthy? (But I think it would be even more fun to see Yuzu and Kana together in the K&C, I dunno, maybe another Mori Mori type scene). Dream Team = Mao, Dai, Yuzu, Kana, Narumi + Mervin, The Shibbles (Oh if only.....)

Banned
    In the TV program, it's said Yuzuru was practicing 60 quad jumps in one hour a day, almost one minute one quad.

Honda San(Takeshi Honda, famous Japanese male skater): Yes, I'm worried. I would say Yuzuru practicing 60 quad jumps are too much, for me, to the most, I used to practice 20 quad jumps a day. 60 quad jumps, is that too much?

Yuzuru: For me, I don't think I jumped too much, I addicted to practice jumps and easily I just forgot how many times I took off anyway. I definitely want to jump
    But I guess I have to say sorry for some misunderstandings may caused by my translations, all questions are welcomed indeed.
    The documentation is required, especially if the interpretation damages Nanami Abe's professional reputation. Jumping 60 quads every minute non-stop for one hour sounds too unrealistic, even for a jump-machine like Plush, who never claimed anything like that. Media and TV narrators can say whatever they wish, it's not like they always know things they are talking about (yet in the link provided by zydeco88 they use the word "jump", i.e. technically it can be any jump within one hour: 1時間に60回以上のジャンプ、ほとんどが失敗。http://ameblo.jp/shimanohashi/entry-10715509046.html). In your post the "60 quad jumps in one hour" was followed by Takeshi's "Yuzuru practicing 60 quads" and comparing those 60 quads an hour with 20 quads that Takeshi jumped a day. All this led people to speak about caused by Abe's conduct injuries in order to portrait Orser as a better choice for the guy compared to the "monster" ex-coach. But in fact according to the tapescript Takeshi's words showed up in the movie much later and he said about 60 quads a day , not an hour, and compared them to his 20 quads a day: 一日60回4回転の練習をすると言ってたんだけど、僕は一日多くて20回だった、.
    http://ameblo.jp/shimanohashi/entry-10715618426.html
    Nothing wrong with apologizing for misinerpretations. It's even better not to do them in the first place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miyabi View Post
    Oh, I'm depressed too. Is there any chance for Dai to be in the WTT next year? (no WTT?) It would be such a joy to see Dai and Yuzu together in the competition.
    There won't be WTT in the Olympic year.
    In the latest interview to Canon (the link is in his fan thread) Dai doesn't say categorically what he will do after Sochi, either retire or not. Also, there is always Japan Open where he even being a professional skater can compete. So, I am sure one day he and Yuzu will be in one Team Japan at the same event.

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by HelTra91 View Post
    Dream Team = Mao, Dai, Yuzu, Kana, Narumi + Mervin, The Shibbles (Oh if only.....)
    I second that. I would add Taka-chan to the cast if there was a possibility of a 3rd man and Nobu too. Oh damn team Japan is too deep. However Narumi + Mervin
    But let`s talk said it; there is still Japan open (I forgot about that) k&c aren't as fun as those in WTT but it's better than no Dai anymore. Hope he's still going to do some shows after he retires. Figure skating without him will be so empty...

On the Ice
    I second that. I would add Taka-chan to the cast if there was a possibility of a 3rd man and Nobu too. Oh damn team Japan is too deep. However Narumi + Mervin
    But let`s talk said it; there is still Japan open (I forgot about that) k&c aren't as fun as those in WTT but it's better than no Dai anymore. Hope he's still going to do some shows after he retires. Figure skating without him will be so empty...
    Japan Open :D How could I forget? And maybe Javier will be chosen too! And in the least I hope they invite Taka and O-daddy to be guests in COI (that is if they aren't chosen to participate) :D

Also I will say this again, thanks for all of your contributions wxunxx! <3

On the Ice
    For example, you may not find 東北未来人 online. I'm sorry that I just found a video repo at a personal blog, published on 20th Nov 2010, big thanks to the blogger, http://ameblo.jp/mdx117-mikdt/entry-10713351589.html
    Just got time to view the links, but boy, little Yuzu is sooooo preciouse, lovely smile of him. Hope I can see full version online oneday, big thanks to wxunxx!

But it breakes my heart seeing him falling like that and also the picture of him with that bandages. Actually during the time when he was in early stage of practising 3A & 4T, some TV program/documentary of him was full of his falls, it was painful to watch.

And Super News 28th Dec 2009, it's here, at Chinese video sharing network. Youku rocks! http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMzM1MDU4ODky.html, and thx to the uploader.
    Another lovely but heartbreaking vid, the way he rebounded back in LP after a horrible SP and the way he stumbled off the ice because of low back pain after finishing FS really shows me Yuzuru's fighting spirit which has never changed!

Custom Title
    Today is Romeo's first birthday!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWm7yX2JZUw

Medalist
    Oh Nice french!
    Yes I have one but there's already so many videos that it's almost full. So I desperately try to suppress some (heartbroken). That's been 7 years that I follow figure skating, and can't imagine how many hdd I'll need to save all my favorite videos if I follow skating for the next 50 years!
    I thought Mao Yu-Na Daisuke and others would retire after 2014 OG and that I wouldn't have any faves anymore. So I didn't worry about my hdd's space. But I didn't expect Yuzuru to suddenly arise in my own little FS world. Because actually I admit that I used to hate him before 2011 CoR. Only idiots can change.

I have to say one HDD is absolutely not enough though IMAO, because the quality of HD videos increased so rapidly, 480p,720p,1080p etc. For example, just maybe 7 or 8 mins of a free skate video requires over 350mb in 1080p, don't even mention some TV interview maybe take 10 to 20 mins long.

Hmmm really? You used to hate Yuzuru before 2011 CoR?? Do you mind share your story with me? I'm so curious LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by zydeco88
    He could have personally requested his school to keep everything among themselves. Maybe, he didn't want to have any media attention, especially on a special important once-in-a-lifetime occasion like this, keeping a low profile and going about things in peace. If he had attended the official graduation ceremony in Feb, I think he would have received the same media treatment as Kanako. And he's not some big-name idol whose every move is under constant scrutiny of paparazzi or ardent fans, so even important things like this can fly under the radar, especially when it's kept in secret .
    You are right indeed. The only one reasonable guessing, as you stated above, is Yuzuru didn't want any media coverage at his special little day, staying low key has alway been another reason I admire and respect him so much.

Quote Originally Posted by HelTra91
    Also I will say this again, thanks for all of your contributions wxunxx! <3
    And I will say this again, no problem and I'm glad to help, I'm horned to offer my Yuzuru information service lol

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by sweet_Michelle View Post
    Just got time to view the links, but boy, little Yuzu is sooooo preciouse, lovely smile of him. Hope I can see full version online oneday, big thanks to wxunxx!

Another lovely but heartbreaking vid, the way he rebounded back in LP after a horrible SP and the way he stumbled off the ice because of low back pain after finishing FS really shows me Yuzuru's fighting spirit which has never changed!
    Let's say thanks to the oringinal blog writer and Youku video uploader. They made it.

And yes, Yuzuru is forever a fighter, challenger, a Samurai. Simply you cannot make a Yuzuru Hanyu, he's just born this way, a truly gift.
    I was always wondering how much energy and courage he could carry with such thin skinny body and he always amaze and inspire me.

Custom Title
    He is a true miracle. Always cheers me.

Page 99 of 569 FirstFirst ... 49 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 149 199 ... LastLast