Oda sits out of SOI Japan Tour | Golden Skate

Oda sits out of SOI Japan Tour

Oh, RATS! That was the injury he just had, right?

At least it's not an Olympic year, but still, rats. (I'd say something stronger, but nothing is strong enough to express my distress at this.)

Becki

Medalist
As bad as this sounds, I was actually expecting this piece of news. He did say he might have to skip the Japanese Nationals because of injury. On the bright side, at least he has time to heal and be with his family :) Pretty positive Yuzuru is almost locked in to be on the World's team then!! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

emma

Record Breaker
That's really too bad. I do wish Oda a very speedy and complete recovery.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Sorry to hear this news. His injury seems to be much more serious than I realized. Wishing Oda a speedy and full recovery, so that he can
get back to skating his best.

sorcerer

Final Flight
Oda is listed on the roster for Nagoya Figure Skate Festival on Jan 5 which was published today!!
http://event.chunichi.co.jp/figure

And he is still listed on the website of the show next day by the same organizer.
http://www.tokai-tv.com/event/jsc2012/index.html

Is it that Nobu is saving his appearance (cancelling SOI that had 3 consecutive shows for Oda) to keep his knee for the possible Worlds berth, which means he'll compete Nats??
But it's not easy for him to be on the Worlds team this year with Hanyu so strong and with his knee so worrisome.

(Besides, if I were Nobu I'd cancel the two shows closer to Nats and keep the SOI ... )

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I just want Nobu to have a truly fabulous season in his career. I've had enough heartbreaks for him. I hope the Oda warlord in his DNA shows up.

Becki

Medalist
I just want Nobu to have a truly fabulous season in his career. I've had enough heartbreaks for him. I hope the Oda warlord in his DNA shows up.

I want Oda to finally win a World Medal for once.....but I also want Dai, Takahiko and Yuzuru on the world team. Ohhh...the dilemma.

russell30

Final Flight
I don't think Oda would have made the team this year, Dai, Takahiko, Hanyu seemed way out in front.

Oda's programs this year were very flat, I thought the blues version of Les Parapluies was awful, really surprised with S Britten on that one. I think he should drop both!! His storm SP was much better with originality and should bring his "Smile" LP back.

I do feel for him now the other japanese guys are catching up or moving ahead of him, they seem to have more speed and flow than Oda, I am nut sure we will see him again compete at top level. Unless a miracle happens. He does need a different coach, maybe Yuka?

sorcerer

Final Flight

hurrah

Medalist
Such a talent but pity that he's such a headcase and now the injury. :cry: I hope he'll have his day on the rink before he retires.

That's so unfortunate. He must be depressed. I always remember the year he lost for so-called "drunk driving" (a beer too many on a moped). I do hope he is refreshed and healed by the time off the ice. Best wishes for a full recovery, Nobu!