I'm going to see Return of the King in one hour | Golden Skate

I'm going to see Return of the King in one hour

Johar

Medalist
Our town finally has an indoor theatre, so no more 30 minute drives to see a film. Even better, it's only two blocks from my house so I can just walk.

It's a 2 o'clock showing, so there shouldn't be too many people there. Plus, this is my first time seeing a movie by myself.

JOHIO2

Medalist
Hi Johar,

Welcome to the GS board. I hope we'll be hearing more from you. Especially how you like the movie! Reviewers and audience surveys have been excellent. Even if they weren't prepared to absolutely love this last of three, the audiences were ecstatic.

Haven't seen this one yet. I leave that to my daughter and son-in-law, the movie fanatics in the family. Having seen 1 and 2, I guess I just might find the time to see number 3 before it hits DVD.

As for seeing movies by yourself.....I find that I go to figure skating events by myself because I don't have anyone close who's as involved as I am as a fan of the sport. It is kinda hard to convince nonfans to go watch 10 year olds fall....repeatedly.:laugh: I have tons of fun anyway, because I meet up with other fans in the audience. Doesn't always work at the movies unless you are there early and talk to people in line, at concession stands or sitting waiting for the movie to start.

Have fun and do remember to tell us how the movie was.

Ciao.

I haven't seen it yet, but everybody's shouting Oscar for this one. The reviews I read especially praised the ending, that is the long part after the climax where...(oops, maybe not everybody has read the book!);)

Mathman

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Man, major jealous here...........we were all set to go this afternoon, but hubby came down with a head cold.........there's always next week...........:\ 42

Johar

Medalist
It was everything it was touted to be, and more. The epic battle scene had me at the edge of my seat, literally! And watching Frodo struggle to get up the side of the mountain was painful.

Not too many lines or scenes with Legolas this time. :cry:

Aragorn finally made his decision between Eowyn and Arwen.

Gimli, as usual provided some comic relief.

The giant elephants-I don't know what they are called, were massive! They looked so real, too. Let me say this, an animal that size in battle is a formidable object!

Legolas does do a fancy stunt during the battle which made me gasp.

I could tell more but don't want to reveal any spoilers. Go see this film.

And may the Oscar gods reward director Peter Jackson this time.

JOHIO2, thanks for the welcome. This is a cool board!!

BronzeisGolden

Medalist
I took my nephew to see this earlier today and it was wonderful! I'll wait for Ladskater or some other person to make a thread specificly for the movie, but I did want to encourage everyone to see it. It is visually and emotionally stunning. And, if you are fan of the books, you certainly won't be disappointed in this final adaptation.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I hear Roger Ebert is giving it "Two Thumbs Up!" Must be good! I would have seen it by now, but have been very ill these past two weeks. I hope to see the movie this weekend. Thanks for the post.

JOHIO2

Medalist
Lad, hope you feel better soon. I hate being sick this time of year, but I usually am. Wait! Where is some wood to knock???:laugh:

Show42, hubby can get well soon too, but there is probably no rush to see this movie. It will be in theaters for awhile! Maybe I'll even venture into a too loud movie theater to see this one.

Johar, glad you liked the movie.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Lad.........get well soon........Joh........we're planning to see it Monday. We're off for two weeks, so we're already planning to see it more than once.......how's that for "die-hard" fans....:D 42

kasia16

On the Ice
You're lucky people...:) In Poland first night is just 1st January. I'm going to spend New Year's Eve in movie: 3 films, almost 12 hours in the MiddleEarth... It will be great night!

Last edited:

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Saw it on Friday. Was pretty good. I really did not like the cheesy ending though. Way way way way way way too cheesy for my taste. But isn't Aragorn hot :p