koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
WOW!
I've changed my opinion about her!She made it look SO easy O_O

macy

Record Breaker
excuse my language, but HOLY ****. WOW. I had no idea she was doing 3-3-3's. I thought her 3-3's were awesome, but WOW.

gkelly

Record Breaker
Wow, just wow. Is there any advantage to plan a 3+3+3 in a program if you don't have a quad?

Not much.

For women, it would allow you to do 7 triples in 5 jumping passes, plus one more pass for a double axel (or triple axel if you've got one, which would also allow you to do 8 triples total).

So then you'd have one extra jumping pass left. You could use it for another double axel, or for a low-base-value jump, like delayed axel or split-flip, or an interesting jump sequence with single and/or double jumps, that might help your PCS more than it would help your TES.

skateflower

Match Penalty
Not much.

For women, it would allow you to do 7 triples in 5 jumping passes, plus one more pass for a double axel (or triple axel if you've got one, which would also allow you to do 8 triples total).

Okay. A lot of female skaters already skated/planned 7 triples +2a. I guess Gracie is trying this to make her 3+3 combo more consistent. She can certainly replace the 3+3t to 3+3loop to increase base value.

Do you guys think that 3+3+3 combo was fully rotated?

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Gracie's 3x3x3 look fully rotated.
Miki's 3x3x3, the second one maybe get a < depends on the caller, the third will get a <<

Gracie can do this layout
3L3T3R
3Sal
3L
--
3F
2A3T
2A
2L

Her base will go up by 1 2A, 1 2L on the technical side. (should be 3.3 + 2.4?) That's 5+ points + GOE.
Her PCS should go up by a few points. People will take notice immediately.
Her jumps are huge, and cover a lot of ice. Her GOE will be significantly higher than the Russian girls.

mskater93

Record Breaker
Do you guys think that 3+3+3 combo was fully rotated?

The ones I've seen her do personally are fully rotated. They are more impressive in person than vid because you can't see the speed/height/flow the same way as you can in person.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
Wow, just wow. Is there any advantage to plan a 3+3+3 in a program if you don't have a quad?

Hopefully training something this difficult won't lead to any injuries because, like gkelly said, it really won't allow her to do anymore triples and there isn't any combination bonus. It really is incredible to see but it scares me to think how practicing this combo will affect her body 5 years from now.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
That's pretty rad. She covered a quarter of a rink with that combo!!

I think she's doing them just for fun and for mental game. I mean if you can do a 3-3-3, then a 3-3 seems easy!

gmyers

Record Breaker
I wish there was some kind of combo bonus because as of right now you are just getting tons of points in one jumping pass that other people would do spread out. She can run out of triples to do if you do that.

3lz/3t/3Loop
3lz/3T
3Salchow/3loop
3salchow
3flip
2A
2A
?

zizi31

Rinkside
Wow! I like her a lot! Is she competing in senior nationals this year, or is she the one who will be competing in juniors because she didn't take the test early enough?

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
She's competing in juniors, AFAIK.

What's a real shame is that she only got 1 JGP assignment (which she won), and so will not be at the JGPF.

Last year she didn't make it to nationals (she went through her growth spurt).

havefun

Rinkside
Hopefully training something this difficult won't lead to any injuries because, like gkelly said, it really won't allow her to do anymore triples and there isn't any combination bonus. It really is incredible to see but it scares me to think how practicing this combo will affect her body 5 years from now.

If she has gone through her major growth spurt her growth plates should be pretty much closed. I believe most damage is done for anyone on ur jumps, as they put so much tork on the joints.

Serious Business

Record Breaker
I had no idea Gracie had the 3loop available as a combination jump ender. I know she has that 3toe ender down pat. With this, I'm starting to think Ms. Gold may be one of the best jumpers US ladies has ever had. And she's not just a jumping bean. She has excellent skating skills and decent enough spins. She has been consistently dominant in her last two competitions. She basically has all the fundamental building blocks of a great skater, lacking only artistry, which I mostly blame on her being saddled with two horribly choreographed programs.

gkelly

Record Breaker
I wish there was some kind of combo bonus because as of right now you are just getting tons of points in one jumping pass that other people would do spread out. She can run out of triples to do if you do that.

3lz/3t/3Loop
3lz/3T
3Salchow/3loop
3salchow
3flip
2A
2A
?

But this is repeating four different triples. You're only allowed to repeat two.