A good interview with Dai-chan on JapanSkates.com | Page 2 | Golden Skate

A good interview with Dai-chan on JapanSkates.com

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
^ I love these behind the scenes videos. Did you see Dai's face when Patrick hit the boards?

Thank you for sharing, that was great to see. Patrick is scheduled to skate in the Japan Nationals Gala.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Thank you for the videos. Great interview and the interviewer asked all the right questions. This is definitely not a fluff piece, much more
personal. It is a tough road to travel to become an elite skater no matter who your favorite skater is you have to admire them, I know I do.

genki

On the Ice
I'll have to remember that! I'd yell it out too, if I were lucky enough to be in an arena where Daisuke were skating before my very eyes. Anyone here who goes to Worlds is officially deputized to cheer extra loudly on my behalf when he comes on. Heck, I also deputize all fans at Japan Nationals! Since my screen name is close to the word I wish to see in gold around his neck in 2014, I feel it my duty to boost him whenever possible.

Yes, Olympia, please cheer as loud as you can. Dai often says in the interview that he truly appreciate cheers from the crowd. He also said in the recent interview, that he feels that communication with the crowd and capturing their hearts are much more important than win or loss.

What a great statement. Maybe that's the reason why I love Dai so much. He always captures my heart like no other skaters do.
I am very excited to go to 4cc soon. I will cheer at the top of my lung. If you go, please chime in with me. Dai will love it, for sure:):)

genki

On the Ice
You're going to 4C? Ooh, you lucky duck. I hope you'll write a report of your experiences.

Yes, I am going and I will be with those Japanese groupies . They are so much fun to talk with. They are all love sick with Dai and understand how I exactly feel about Dai's performance as well as his personality. Reporting maybe difficult, because I can not keep my brain clear when I see him skating.
I became so emotionally involved that I do not remember what Jumps he did nor how his spins are ,etc. His performance usually hit my heart like a huge rock tumbling down. But I will surely report what he is like off ice, whenever I have a chance to meet him. I ran into him a few times at GPF, you know, and I am very sure that I will meet him again off ice at 4 cc.