Thread: JGP and GP Finals Blog - Alex Aldridge & Daniel Eaton

Tripping on the Podium

JGP and GP Finals Blog - Alex Aldridge & Daniel Eaton

Daniel Eaton, Junior Ice Dancer from Detroit Area will be blogging about Ice Dance throughout the Grand Prix Final in Quebec City

http://aldridge-eaton.ice-dance.com/blog/

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Turbo-Mom,

Good luck to them at the JGP!

I was so thrilled that they made it. I hope they have the skate of their lives and are very happy with their performances in Quebec.

Constable , Costume Police colleen o'neill's Avatar
    Best of luck to them.

May it be their time to shine !

Custom Title
    From their blog, looks like they're staying at the Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac. How fancy! I thought all ice dancing skaters live in a shack and eat canned beans. Who's footing the hotel cost?
    So glad to see Massimo Scali back on the ice coaching. I miss this team.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan View Post
    From their blog, looks like they're staying at the Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac. How fancy! I thought all ice dancing skaters live in a shack and eat canned beans. Who's footing the hotel cost?
    So glad to see Massimo Scali back on the ice coaching. I miss this team.
    I believe that the GP event organizer assumes room, board, and transportation cost of all invited skaters.

Custom Title
    Fairmont must have given the GP host a sweet deal. The cheapest room is like $300/night.
    Imagine the USFSF coming to the Peninsula in 2009 asking for a deal for the World championship, they probably would have laughed and told it to pound sand. I'm impressed.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan View Post
    Fairmont must have given the GP host a sweet deal. The cheapest room is like $300/night.
    Imagine the USFSF coming to the Peninsula in 2009 asking for a deal for the World championship, they probably would have laughed and told it to pound sand. I'm impressed.
    Well, it would be great advertising for them, and if they aren't full at this time of year, it's a good idea. The JGPF/GPF is a premiere international event, and the French Canadians are strong supporters of sport and culture. It's a fantastic place for the athletes. Walking around old Quebec City is wonderful. And the views from the hotel are fantastic.