looking for skating DVD's | Golden Skate

looking for skating DVD's

gdane

Spectator
Before the whole shenanigans concerning mega upload flourished, I have downloaded a couple of good skating tutorials (foundation forming clips) from the site and I think that it will be a great thing to start with.

I am not sure how I am going to share it now considering that most file sharing sites are already taking the dump. But if anyone would be interested, I guess I have to try putting it up.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
There are still a lot of upload sites. sharehub still works for example. File size is 500MB. And files can be split and rejoined using hjsplit if you have files to share that are larger than that.

You actually don't have to rejoin them-just store the pieces in a folder, and play the first part with vlc player, and it will play all the rest.

Sharehub works because it only allows a limited number of downloads before dropping the file. This falls within fair use, like loaning a dvd to a couple of friends.

It's worth noting that icenetwork has all the US nationals back to 2007, and if you have a subscription, you can watch all the old seasons as well as the current season. They also have nearly all the GP events for those seasons, some of the Jr Worlds, and a lot of galas & exhibitions.

Skatebuzz in canada has a lot of archived video, but I don't know how far back it goes.

If you're using youtube, you can play an entire event by making a playlist and playing it.

And remember that stuff you are streaming on your computer can be displayed on your TV. Refer to the manual of your TV as to what cabling you need, and check whether you have to set a particular frequency for your "second monitor" =TV.
When you buy a TV, check the back & sides of the TV to see whether you have plugs for VGA, HDMI, and USB as well as the usual 3 cable DVD style plugs. Check your PC to see what the other end of the cable needs to be.

The salesperson at the tv/computer store may be of help. Mine advised me that Toshiba's TVs hook up easily, while Samsungs do not.

verte76

On the Ice
I cancelled my membership to Icenetwork. It was too expensive. I'm looking for a DVD for the current Worlds.

verte76

On the Ice
I'm looking for Figure Skating DVD's. Hopefully someone will read this and respond to this request.