What Is Your Favourite Uncommon Skating Element? | Golden Skate

What Is Your Favourite Uncommon Skating Element?

What Is Your Favourite Uncommon Skating Element?

• One Foot Axel/Triple Salchow Combination

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Cantiliever

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Hydroblading

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Jumps/Spins In Two Different Directions

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Tuck/Delayed Axel

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • One Foot Backflip

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Leap Of Faith

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Crossfoot Spin

• Piston Rolls

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Please Specify)

• Total voters

Layfan

Record Breaker
Charlotte (but done correctly with a full split).

That's a good one. Who does that these days? I think some of the ladies do the Charlotte but hold it for very little time. Caroline Zhang comes to mind but I don't love her Charlotte. Her arm position is a bit awkward.

It's also amazing when any skater these days manages a true blurred scratch spin, especially a headless one.

macy

Record Breaker
That's a good one. Who does that these days? I think some of the ladies do the Charlotte but hold it for very little time. Caroline Zhang comes to mind but I don't love her Charlotte. Her arm position is a bit awkward.

It's also amazing when any skater these days manages a true blurred scratch spin, especially a headless one.

Czisny has a very nice one. Sasha too.

I don't even know what some of these moves are. Leap of faith? (I think I figured that one out from an Underhill & Martini vid but as it wasn't ID'd, I am not sure.) Piston rolls?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I don't even know what some of these moves are. Leap of faith? (I think I figured that one out from an Underhill & Martini vid but as it wasn't ID'd, I am not sure.) Piston rolls?

Leap of faith is where the lady in the pair "dives" and the man catches her Underhill & Martini did them in most of their routines.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
I vote for the Leap of Faith which Langlois/Archetto did in a lovely performance at 2003 worlds gala ( 2.12 and slow motion 3.52). Really cool :thumbsup:

Haven't seen it before or after. Love the name of the element :) Is it allowed in competition?

I don't know what Tuck/delayed axel, Piston Rolls or Charlotte is….? Or is Piston Rolls when the guy grabs the ladies legs and swing her, head almost hitting the ice?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Haven't seen it before or after. Love the name of the element :) Is it allowed in competition?

I believe it is...

you should check out vids of Underhill and Martini, they did it decades before L/A

Bartek

On the Ice
Czisny does Charlotte? I haven't seen it. The best one is obviusly from Sasha, not only with a full split but sometimes forwards which is extremely difficult. In her 2010 Nationals SP she even did on a forward one on the outside edge which is even more difficult. I have never seen any skater doing forward Charlotte on the edge, inside or outside except Sasha. They usually do them on flat which is still difficult.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNQCFfITCYQ&t=126s Here is a "simple" backward Charlotte from Sasha, absolutely perfect, perfect full extention, pointed foot, control and steadiness and also good speed.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNweTvOwfAM&t=1m46s Here is her Charlotte from 2010 Nats done on the outside edge and forward. It's not very fast but certainly very difficult.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhXa9JYtwLY&t=3m06s Michelle Kwan used to do a beautiful Charlotte as well.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7o_8RdL6dY&t=3m28s Here's Miki Ando doing a very awkward Charlotte. I don't see a point when you can't get a full split in it.

Rachmaninoff

Final Flight
What is a 'cantilever' or a 'piston roll'?

I like jumping in two directions...you rarely see it though.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Rena and John did the leap of faith, IIRC, not in competition though that I know of...

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Come on n_halifax… time to explain the elements :biggrin:

I'll help with the cantilever: Ilia Klimkin at 3.19.

Thanks Bartek for the Charlottes. Awesome element when done by Sasha :points:
OT How do you shorten the youtube video to show a specific part of it?

Vash01

Medalist
I voted for 'Other'-

Pairs spiral into a throw triple loop (Berezhnaya-Sikharulidze).

Pulling the lady out of a static position into a death spiral (Mishkutenok-Dmitriev)

Since the leap of faith was on the list, I assumed that pairs elements would be OK too.