Mao Asada's Mother Condolences Thread | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Mao Asada's Mother Condolences Thread

Hanaka

Rinkside
Also translation of her sister Mai's message was posted by magnolia.

To Whom It May Concern:

I would like to express my gratitude for the concern shown by many of you in regards to our mother’s passing.
Our mother made her final departure without waiting for Mao’s return, but as she was wont to express disinclination toward revealing herself in a weakened state to Mao, it was as per her wish that when Mao arrived, she appeared to be in a state of peaceful sleep with a lingering hint of a smile.
I was only able to spend 23 years, and Mao only 21 years with our mother, but she poured love upon us that far supersedes the sum of the times spent; she endowed us with so many and so much.
From now on, I would like to steadfastly keep to my path whilst supporting our father so that our now deceased mother would have no reason to fret.
Please continue to confer us sisters with your kindly regard, everyone.

Mai Asada

Last edited:
Also translation of her sister Mai's message was posted by magnolia.

To Whom It May Concern:

I would like to express my gratitude for the concern shown by many of you in regards to our mother’s passing.
Our mother made her final departure without waiting for Mao’s return, but as she was wont to express disinclination toward revealing herself in a weakened state to Mao, it was as per her wish that when Mao arrived, she appeared to be in a state of peaceful sleep with a lingering hint of a smile.
I was only able to spend 23 years, and Mao only 21 years with our mother, but she poured love upon us that far supersedes the sum of the times spent; she endowed us with so many and so much.
From now on, I would like to steadfastly keep to my path whilst supporting our father so that our now deceased mother would have no reason to fret.
Please continue to confer us sisters with your kindly regard, everyone.

Mai Asada

How utterly heartbreaking and how completely beautiful. I know Mao and Mai will always make their mother proud.

I love what he said about Mao's mother: if you can judge a person by what she leaves behind, then Mrs. Asada would win the gold medal.

If Mrs. Asada was sick for some time, Mao and Mai, as well as her father, must have been living with a dread that never receded.