Mao Asada's Mother Condolences Thread | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Mao Asada's Mother Condolences Thread

katia

On the Ice
I hope her mother will get better.
My thoughts and wishes go to Mao and her family.

seniorita

Record Breaker
Thats sad to read, I hope it will past fast, and everything will be ok in her family..

periperi

On the Ice
^ Thanks for sharing that. My thoughts go to Mao and her family. I dearly hope that her mother can recover from this...

emma

Record Breaker
so, so sorry to read this. My thoughts are with Mao and her family.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Oh, discouraging news all around. I think Liza will walk away with this now. I love Mao and will so miss her skating, but of course she is doing right thing. I do feel they might ask the next highest point winners in the series. Emily Hughes flew to the Olympics. Is is really to late? I guess it is. Too bad.

joy k.k

Rinkside
I just heard her mother passed away due to Cirrhosis early friday morning.
My heart goes out to Mao and her family...:no:

chloepoco

Medalist
My Japanese friend told me that reports are that Mao's mom has been sick for quite a while now, and is now critically ill, and unconscious. In retrospect, I wonder if this was why Mao was so determined to find a coach in Japan, so she could be near her mother. Prayers to them all.

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
Ooooooooh, how tragic! Mao and her mother!:cry: My sincere condolences! RIP Mao mother!:cry:

Last edited:

jcoates

Medalist
Very sad. My thoughts and sympathies go out to the Asada family. Peggy Fleming's father died under similar circumstances. He suffered from a history of heart disease (several previous attacks) and died making his way cross country while Peggy was traveling on a tour to Russia. She and her mother were informed on a the plane by a rep from the embassy. Very tough. Does anyone know if she made it back to Japan in time to see her mother before she passed away?

floskate

On the Ice
Does anyone know if she made it back to Japan in time to see her mother before she passed away?

According to Japanese news reports, sadly she did not make it back in time. :( Condolences to Mao, Mai and their family at this awful time.