Mao Asada's Mother Condolences Thread | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Mao Asada's Mother Condolences Thread

Mao88

Record Breaker
Terrible news about Mao's mother passing away. Prayers are with Mao and her family

Buttercup

Record Breaker
How heartbreaking for Mao and her family, to lose her when she was so young, and for Mao not to have had the chance to say goodbye. I hope the entire family has a lot of love and support during this difficult time.

macy

Record Breaker
i feel so bad for her and her family...RIP to her mother. How terrible would that be to not make it back in time to say goodbye to your mom... :'( May God take care of them and her mother in heaven. They will be in my prayers.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Oh no... this is heart breaking. Too soon! My condolence to Mao and the family.

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
Devastating news...I'm so sorry for Mao and her family. My thoughts and prayers are with them... :(

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Worst news. How incredibly sad for Mao and her family. Condolences to them all.

I lost my mother this year. I'm decades older than Mao, and the pain is huge. I can't imagine losing one's mother at Mao and Mai's age. This is a true tragedy. And not to be able to get back in time to be with her, as well. My heart burns for her and her family.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
I lost my mother this year. I'm decades older than Mao, and the pain is huge. I can't imagine losing one's mother at Mao and Mai's age. This is a true tragedy. And not to be able to get back in time to be with her, as well. My heart burns for her and her family.
My condolences on your own loss, Olympia. It's heartbreaking at any age, but 48 in this day and age really is very young. My heart goes out to them.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I read this earlier via twitter. Seems the whole skating community is coming out in support. Prayers going out to the Asada family.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
My deepest sympathy to Mao and to her family at this most difficult time.
Losing your mother and her love is so heartbreaking. Take care Mao.

seniorita

Record Breaker
I feel so sad I dont know what to write. I read it on twiter and my heart became black, even more that she was on the plane when it happened..How much strength is needed for Mao and her family now...

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I feel so sad I dont know what to write. I read it on twiter and my heart became black, even more that she was on the plane when it happened..How much strength is needed for Mao and her family now...

So many skaters have lost someone close to them lately. Not liking the trend. Wonder if we'll see Mao the rest of the season...

Rachmaninoff

Final Flight
Very sad. I wouldn't be surprised if she takes the rest of the season off. If it were an Olympic season things would be different; I understood Joannie's motivation to continue when her mother died in Vancouver. After all, the Olympics were the biggest thing she'd been aiming for her whole life. If Mao takes the rest of the season off though, she'll still have lots of time to get back before 2014. In any case, I just hope she does what's best for herself.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Very sad. I wouldn't be surprised if she takes the rest of the season off. If it were an Olympic season things would be different; I understood Joannie's motivation to continue when her mother died in Vancouver. After all, the Olympics were the biggest thing she'd been aiming for her whole life. If Mao takes the rest of the season off though, she'll still have lots of time to get back before 2014. In any case, I just hope she does what's best for herself.

Joannie was also already at teh event and her mother passed away there in teh same city, not billions (or so it would feel at a time like this) of miles away... it's easier to stay away in Mao's case... and I agree, she should get the love and support she needs and should not feel pressured to do anything she's not ready to deal with.