Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Asada Withdraws From GPF

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by jcoates View Post
    Just a question about the substitutes. I wonder why the ISU chooses not the have the alternates on site for the event in case of late withdrawals.
    Bottom line, it's just too expensive to have that many extras (18 skaters) on site to accomodate something that may or may not happen. One skater wd out of 36 is not bad at all. (knock on wood)

Custom Title
    Such dreadful news about Mao's mother.

Custom Title
    Such terrible news! When I saw the WD beside Mao's name at the schedule and results page, I had no idea; I thought it was an injury acquired in practice. Now I am overwhelmed with sadness for Mao. I pray that she will find the comfort and kindness she needs and deserves.

Tripping on the Podium
    (((((((((Asada Family)))))))))

Banned
    Very sorry to hear about Mao's mother. I wonder if Joannie will try to contact Mao. She is one of those who would know how she feels now.

Custom Title
    Pangtongfan, that's a lovely thought. I'm sure the ladies know how to reach one another through channels, by their coaches, or whatever. If they do speak, I'm sure we won't hear about it, because they both seem rather private about such matters (such a relief in this Kardashian-ized world), but I'll hope that comfort comes to the Asadas from every avenue possible.

Custom Title
    My thoughts are with Mao and her family. In retrospect I now understand why she lost weight around the time of the Worlds in April. It was said at the time that her weight loss was due to the upset about the earthquake & tsunami. It seems it was precisely this time Mao learned how seriously ill her mother was. This also explains the moving performance of Jupiter she gave in front of evacuees in Sendai. I cried when I saw it; it had the quality of a prayer.
    Last edited by StellaCampo; 12-12-2011 at 12:05 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2