Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Senior Ice Dance SD at 2:00 EST

76.17!?!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirunna View Post
    D/W wow at that score. Nice program but for me the french were the best. Just wonderful, but underscored like always.(British guys agree with me)
    did D/W get the Skate Canada bonus??

Quote Originally Posted by Spun Silver View Post
    I adore D/W's free, but this SD doesn't do much for me. I prefer V/M even with the fall and hope someone will explain D/W's higher PCS. The tech score doesn't surprise me as much.

I wish Meryl would try a softer look - lighter lipstick, less foundation, bangs or something to soften the hairstyle... her face always looks like a mask!
    Agreed on all points!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by fairly4 View Post
    mine feed is working now.
    Whew! I thought at time that I was responsible for your feed.

Custom Title
    I don't like Meryl's slight knee bend in her free leg during the rhumba, but I don't know enough about ice dance to know if that matters much. I still though D/W were excellent today, as were P/B. I also liked W/P quite a bit.

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Yes, they were excellent, I just liked V/M better. Scott turned that fall into a plus with the crowd. Maybe not for the judges, though!

Quote Originally Posted by dwiggin3 View Post
    Agreed on all points!
    I think Meryl colored her hair red....last time I saw it it was dark brown.....

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Spun Silver View Post
    I prefer V/M even with the fall and hope someone will explain D/W's higher PCS.
    Not falling and stumbling multiple times probably helps a lot. I prefer V/M's short dance as well though. It just wasn't a great day for them.

Custom Title
    Were D/W really 8 points better than P/B? Like the Shibs I thought it had no latin feel at all yet they get 9.5 for choreography and interpretation? I think the French have been hard done by, I would have had them first. Much preferred the first 3 couples, I think all of the second group were overmarked.

Tripping on the Podium
    D/W's score seemed a little high to me, I also think the French were underscored (per usual).
    Nice recovery from the fall, though, for Scott. And just picked up and kept in flow with program, looks like he added his own little choreography to get back in.

Little off topic, but I have noticed that most of the top teams' ladies have changed their dresses each competition. Is this the new thing? Egads, I feel sorry for their parents-those dresses have to be in the $1,000's each!!!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ucrgirl View Post
    did D/W get the Skate Canada bonus??
    All I am saying is that I preferred the french couple tonight. It's my own personal preference, and I think that compared with how the top 2 teams scored, they deserved better. I know nothing about scores, I just remarked that D/W got a huge score which I believe it's a world record.(never said it wasn't deserved) That's all

Charlie and Meryl were just devine, what a score for them, well deserved.
    Love this team!

Ugh, just before that fall I was thinking OMG, they're so fast, how can they not fall? and then he did. My loud yelp woke my son up from his nap :(

I'm also surprised at that huge gap in the scores ... looks like it's mostly on GOE and the level 4 step sequence. I thought V/M had a better rhumba sequence, but D/W got better GOE

I also sort of wonder if the judges wanted to make sure that D/W would be ahead given that V/M fell...
    Last edited by mmcdermott; 12-09-2011 at 03:04 PM. Reason: minor type-o that could be mis-interpreted

I also am a fan of Tessa and Scott and love their SD but Charlie and Meryl were just better than V/M today, of course this is just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wishonastar View Post
    Little off topic, but I have noticed that most of the top teams' ladies have changed their dresses each competition. Is this the new thing? Egads, I feel sorry for their parents-those dresses have to be in the $1,000's each!!!
    I wonder about this too. I really like Tessa's new SP pink/purple number.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast