Senior Ice Dance SD at 2:00 EST | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Senior Ice Dance SD at 2:00 EST

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Great skating from the first teams. Can't wait for the next group!

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
Very generous marking for the Shibs. Would never have called that a latin dance, they looked uncomfortable at times. P/B were fantastic but will likely be place 3rd.

Crikey fall for Scott, but he got back up so quick. Did it deserve 71?

Last edited:
So freakish and unfortunate, sliding on his back! What a fast recovery, though. They have really polished this program - it's sensational! Love the dress -- now that's something a hot Latina would wear.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
LOL on repeating the fall. But I was impressed with the recovery...

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Weird fall on the back for Scott. He didn't let it affect his performance. I don't think it happened during an element. But this is a tight race with D/W.

They replayed the fall over and over, so Scott fell over at K&C. :laugh:

Mirunna

Record Breaker
D/W wow at that score. Nice program but for me the french were the best. Just wonderful, but underscored like always.(British guys agree with me)

I adore D/W's free, but this SD doesn't do much for me. I prefer V/M even with the fall and hope someone will explain D/W's higher PCS. The tech score doesn't surprise me as much.

I wish Meryl would try a softer look - lighter lipstick, less foundation, bangs or something to soften the hairstyle... her face always looks like a mask!

As much as I love the Shibs, we didn't see them at their best here. Maia was selling it a little too hard, IMO. She looked a bit like a child dressing up in her mom's long gown. I didn't care for the dress.

Last edited:

dwiggin3

Final Flight
I adore D/W's free, but this SD doesn't do much for me. I prefer V/M even with the fall and hope someone will explain D/W's higher PCS. The tech score doesn't surprise me as much.

I wish Meryl would try a softer look - lighter lipstick, less foundation, bangs or something to soften the hairstyle... her face always looks like a mask!

Agreed on all points!

gold12345

Medalist
I don't like Meryl's slight knee bend in her free leg during the rhumba, but I don't know enough about ice dance to know if that matters much. I still though D/W were excellent today, as were P/B. I also liked W/P quite a bit.

Yes, they were excellent, I just liked V/M better. Scott turned that fall into a plus with the crowd. Maybe not for the judges, though!

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
Were D/W really 8 points better than P/B? Like the Shibs I thought it had no latin feel at all yet they get 9.5 for choreography and interpretation? I think the French have been hard done by, I would have had them first. Much preferred the first 3 couples, I think all of the second group were overmarked.

wishonastar

On the Ice
D/W's score seemed a little high to me, I also think the French were underscored (per usual).
Nice recovery from the fall, though, for Scott. And just picked up and kept in flow with program, looks like he added his own little choreography to get back in. :biggrin:

Little off topic, but I have noticed that most of the top teams' ladies have changed their dresses each competition. Is this the new thing? Egads, I feel sorry for their parents-those dresses have to be in the $1,000's each!!!