Junior Ladies LP | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Junior Ladies LP

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
besides Adelina and Julia

I think I found a new fave, out of all the russian wunderbabyies skaters
I really like Polina Korobeynikova's polished and light skating :)
she's very elegant and yes she sometimes looks and skates a bit like Alissa Ciszny

Polina Korobeynikova will be amazing in the coming years
take note she passed her growth spurt already , so its focusing on adding new elements

Last edited:

christinaskater

Medalist
besides Adelina and Julia

I think I found a new fave, out of all the russian wunderbabyies skaters
I really like Polina Korobeynikova's polished and light skating :)
she's very elegant and yes she sometimes looks and skates a bit like Alissa Ciszny

Polina Korobeynikova will be amazing in the coming years
take note she passed her growth spurt already , so its focusing on adding new elements

She does look like Alissa! When i was watching her especially before she jumps- she really looks like Alissa! I am excited for her. She is the most mature looking among the up and coming russian divas!

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Vanessa Lam needs an intervention and fast...she's already 16. She's going nowhere with that jump technique, and unlike Caroline Zhang (who also had flawed jumped technique and see where that landed her Jr-->Sr), Vanessa doesn't have the non-jump Wow! elements nor CZ's ice presence. If Lam plans to keep skating, maybe she should get over to Arutunian, toute suite.

Would much rather have seen Samantha Cesario here for the USA. Or (if the USFS hadn't been so blindered by their stubborn methodology of parceling out the JGP spots) Gracie Gold.

Looks like Risa Shoji also needs to step back and take stock on what she needs to do to fix her jumping.

Nearly everybody: FIX THOSE LUTZ EDGES!

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
She does look like Alissa! When i was watching her especially before she jumps- she really looks like Alissa! I am excited for her. She is the most mature looking among the up and coming russian divas!

not only that, her LP dress, looks a bit like Alissa Cisznys too, LOL

skateflower

Match Penalty
Vanessa Lam needs an intervention and fast...she's already 16. She's going nowhere with that jump technique, and unlike Caroline Zhang (who also had flawed jumped technique and see where that landed her Jr-->Sr), Vanessa doesn't have the non-jump Wow! elements nor CZ's ice presence. If Lam plans to keep skating, maybe she should get over to Arutunian, toute suite.

Would much rather have seen Samantha Cesario here for the USA. Or (if the USFS hadn't been so blindered by their stubborn methodology of parceling out the JGP spots) Gracie Gold.

Looks like Risa Shoji also needs to step back and take stock on what she needs to do to fix her jumping.

Nearly everybody: FIX THOSE LUTZ EDGES!

It's stupid to believe miracle will strike you and your jumps can be 'fixed' by just switching to another coach. Arutunian couldn't fix Mao's jumps, how the hell do you expect him to 'fix' Vanessa's jumps? There is no miracle coach who can make any person become a world champion,.Vanessa's jumps were tiny from beginning. There's limitation to every skater's natural talent...

By the way, the jump content of these Jr. skaters put almost all the senior skaters into shame.

shine

Record Breaker
I don't understand why Polina K. doesn't get higher PCS than Lipnitskaya? The latter of course has all the flexi moves, but Polina is much more polished and knows how to move IMO. I really can't see how Lipnitiskaya is so head and shoulders above the rest like her marks indicate. Polina is the only one who looked like she's ready for the senior rank IMO.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
^

she'll get higher PCS dont worry
Polina is getting better by the season. she just needs to polish and her consistency

used2sk8

Rinkside
Vanessa had a rough night. But she's done pretty consistent free programs all year. One bad skate should not make you need a complete overhaul. Just learn from it and move on! These Jr girls were a tough bunch. Just making the Finals is huge. I'm sure she will clean it up for Nationals. The Short program was wonderful, so the basics are there.

oleada

Record Breaker

Thank you for the link! Love hearing PJ's comments.

Vanessa had a rough night. But she's done pretty consistent free programs all year. One bad skate should not make you need a complete overhaul. Just learn from it and move on! These Jr girls were a tough bunch. Just making the Finals is huge. I'm sure she will clean it up for Nationals. The Short program was wonderful, so the basics are there.

I don't think it's necessarily the rough skate that people are talking about; rather, her jump technique is not the best, to say the least. She's got a flutz and her jumps get very little height. They don't look like jumps that will survive any growth or weight gain, which given that she is still quite young, is likely to happen. Also, she's never going to get much GOE on them, regardless.

used2sk8

Rinkside
The Short was beautiful. Her Freeskate moved her way up last time out, so yes it was a rough skate here at the final. Most posters are great fans but have never really been out there. Sometimes things get away from you. Vanessa has improved her overall skills this year. Her technique is sound but left her tonight.

burntBREAD

Medalist
The Short was beautiful. Her Freeskate moved her way up last time out, so yes it was a rough skate here at the final. Most posters are great fans but have never really been out there. Sometimes things get away from you. Vanessa has improved her overall skills this year. Her technique is sound but left her tonight.

Vanessa has great spins and strong footwork, but no, her technique on the jumps (mostly the lutz and flip, the axel is fine and the loop is okay) is not good. Like oleada said, it doesn't matter whether or not she is having a good day or not, her jumps are always under examination because they are so small and she will probably not get +GOE on them aside from the axel (and she also flutzes).

christinaskater

Medalist
Polina Korobeynikova is spectacular! I love her! Reminiscent of Yu-Na Kim, Carolina Kostner and Alissa Czisny combined!

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
me too love her light and polished skating

and she is starting to make her trademark spin while putting her hand against her chest as if
she was holding a rose. very lovely to watch :)

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I don't understand why Polina K. doesn't get higher PCS than Lipnitskaya? The latter of course has all the flexi moves, but Polina is much more polished and knows how to move IMO. I really can't see how Lipnitiskaya is so head and shoulders above the rest like her marks indicate. Polina is the only one who looked like she's ready for the senior rank IMO.

Actually Polina K was my favorite Russian junior from the beginning -- I think her programs are well-choreographed. And it's fantastic that she upped her tech content.

I see she's coached by Viktoria Volchkova -- a skater that had some of the best technique in the business: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pbZsz7ENVU&#t=1m14s

Not surprising that Polina K inherited some of that good technique! :thumbsup:

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Not to mention, Polina K's. jumps are huge
pointers from Volchkova definitely have helped also with her progress

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
It's stupid to believe miracle will strike you and your jumps can be 'fixed' by just switching to another coach. Arutunian couldn't fix Mao's jumps, how the hell do you expect him to 'fix' Vanessa's jumps? There is no miracle coach who can make any person become a world champion,.Vanessa's jumps were tiny from beginning. There's limitation to every skater's natural talent...

By the way, the jump content of these Jr. skaters put almost all the senior skaters into shame.

You're missing my point. I have no idea if Arutunian or anybody can fix Vanessa's jumps. And perhaps the aim isn't to make her a World Champion. But given the competition around her, if she wants to get anywhere further with her skating, she needs to try. And whatever she's doing now, ain't getting the job done. If her jumps aren't improveable--as you seem to be saying--then perhaps she should just hang it up and retire from competitive skating, and stop wasting her parents' money--I think she'd be hard-pressed to ever podium at US Sr Nationals with her current jumps. My guess is that with the right inputs, she should be able to greatly improve her current jumping, though she's likely never going to be a big jumper.