Junior Ladies LP | Golden Skate

Junior Ladies LP

Rachmaninoff

Final Flight
I'm watching CBC's live stream.

Zijun Li: much better performance tonight. Hit her jumps, not much in between elements though.
3 flip-3toe (maybe slightly cheated)
2axel-3toe-2toe (looked fully rotated)
3lutz
3sal-2toe
3flip
3loop
2axel

Polina Korobeynikova:

3flip-3toe
3lutz
3flip
2axel-3toe
3loop (lost footing on landing and stumbled out)
3sal-2toe
2axel

Rachmaninoff

Final Flight
Risa Shoji:

3sal-3toe-2toe
3lutz
2axel-2toe (looked like she was going for a triple and opened up in the air)
3flip- fall
3loop - noticeably underroated & stumble on landing
3sal
2axel

Rachmaninoff

Final Flight
Vanessa Lam

3lutz - fall
3flip-2loop
3loop - bad fall
3toe - 2-footed possibly?
2axel-2axel sequence
3flip
3lutz-2toe - awkward landing on lutz, falls on toe.

She'll drop from third...

Rachmaninoff

Final Flight
Polina Shelepen:
3lutz-3toe - looked great!
3sal-3toe: fall on 2nd jump
3loop
3flip-2toe-2loop
2axel
3lutz
2axel

Looks like both Polinas will be on the podium. ;)

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Vanessa Lam

3lutz - fall
3flip-2loop
3loop - bad fall
3toe - 2-footed possibly?
2axel-2axel sequence
3flip
3lutz-2toe - awkward landing on lutz, falls on toe.

She'll drop from third...

What is wrong with this girl?
Do only one flutz in the LP!!!!!!!

Rachmaninoff

Final Flight
Julia Lipnitskaia

2axel-3toe-2toe
2axel-3toe
3lutz
3loop
3flip-2toe
3flip
3sal

Oh lord, those spins and that flexibility! Wow.

She takes it, and the young Russians sweep the podium.

Rachmaninoff

Final Flight
Hehe, Lipnitskaia and Shelepen are hugging and laughing.

Geez, these junior women have a lot more jump content than the seniors. Triple-triples all over the place (often mildly underrotated, but still).

Bartek

On the Ice
Wow,Shelepen has planned 7 triples with two triple lutzes and two triple toes and additionaly two double axels. No senior lady this year has such a difficult technical content planned in her program. Very impressive and she almost did it all beside that fall on the back end of her second triple-triple combination. By the way, it's very rare to see a lady program with two triple-triples. I think there were just several ladies who did it. Slutskaya, Arakawa, Asada, Meissner, Kostner, Ando... any other? I'm not counting Hughes' Olympic FS since both triple-triple would've been downgraded had she skated under COP.

oleada

Record Breaker
Hehe, Lipnitskaia and Shelepen are hugging and laughing.

Geez, these junior women have a lot more jump content than the seniors. Triple-triples all over the place (often mildly underrotated, but still).

They share the same coach and are friends off-ice :) Kudos to the medalists, and Eteri Tutberidze for coaching the top two.

I haven't watched all the videos yet and I'll comment on them when I do. Thank you for the PBP!

christinaskater

Medalist
Wow at Julia's score!179.73
Massive!
I reckon she could score 200+ if she transitions really well after puberty.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Im happy for Polina Korobeynikova's progress
she will an amazing skater in the future !!!

and again amazed by Julia :)

Rachmaninoff

Final Flight
Wow,Shelepen has planned 7 triples with two triple lutzes and two triple toes and additionaly two double axels. No senior lady this year has such a difficult technical content planned in her program. Very impressive and she almost did it all beside that fall on the back end of her second triple-triple combination. By the way, it's very rare to see a lady program with two triple-triples. I think there were just several ladies who did it. Slutskaya, Arakawa, Asada, Meissner, Kostner, Ando... any other? I'm not counting Hughes' Olympic FS since both triple-triple would've been downgraded had she skated under COP.

If triple-triple sequences count, then Lipinski did it and possibly Bonaly. They both had triple toe-triple sal sequences plus an actual 3-3 combination in their programs.

I'm pretty blown away by the technical content too. It's much more difficulty than you typically see in a senior level comp. Is women's skating going to see some major advancement here, or are these skaters going to lose some of this ability when they get older? I'm hoping the former. I wouldn't want to see this (juniors out-jumping the seniors) become a trend.

oleada

Record Breaker
Li was a great start to the competition. Nice soft skating. A little sloppy in parts, but very expressive. Good for her :)

Polina K - wow for a skater who didn't have a 3F last year, that was a gorgeous 3F+3T combo! Really nice skate and I'm so happy for her medal. She is just so elegant, which I love. I think Li is more expressive but Polina is more polished.

Shoji has really nice basics, but oy, the jump technique. I think her opening combo was the only one that looked fully rotated. The performance felt flat, which is understandable given the errors. It's a shame, because there' s a softness to her skating that I enjoy.

Lam was a complete disaster. Tiny jumps (I have no idea how she rotates 3 times, because she gets like half an inch off of the ice), bad posture and rushing like crazy.This program is a lot more workmanlike compared to the SP. This is nitpicky, but I wish she'd change her hair part, because the middle part look is so severe.

I don't expect either of Lam or Shoji to become world beaters.

I must be in a good mood, because I enjoyed Shelepen. I think she's improved her basics and presentation. She'll probably never be great, but there's noticeable improvement. She'll make a good addition to the Worlds team for Russia.

Julia is awesome. She has IT. And she does remind me of Sasha and I LOVE HER FOR IT!

oleada

Record Breaker
Protocols

Lipnitskaia, Li and Lam all got edge calls on their 3Lz.
Shelepen had an edge call on her 3F.

Lam got 3Lz< on her second combo. Li under-rotated her opening 3F and Shoji only got full credit for her 3S; all other triples were downgraded. Korobeynikova was the only skater without edge calls or downgrades.