Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: GPF 2011 Senior Pairs SP

Custom Title
    I really love S/S - so innovative, creative, strong, gutsy.....but, I really thought I would never say this out loud too, but...I really find her beige boots super distracting, especially when she is wearing snow white...

Zhangs...never said this before, but, I love their short program! Wow. great for them. And she looks great - healthy, happy, focused. Nice to see.

Zhangs....adorable and oh, so much potential. I can't imagine what they might become; love them now too.

K/S....still processing. But nice short program...like the music and feel.

Custom Title
    WOW! The triple twists!

And everything else.

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    The field has definitely left the door open for Tanya & Maxim . . . will they walk through victoriously?

Tripping on the Podium
    I think S/S's programme is just art on ice! And I just saw the result - what a huge difference. Let's see (or not *sighs) what the Russian pair will show!

Custom Title
    On V/T
    cbcsportsmalcolm: didn't I see that costume in Mission Impossible?

Custom Title
    As God is my witness I was going to not watch this RUS pair as soon as I saw those ugly motorcycle outfits. I said "ugh", they're just like the clown pair that came before them, but then when I saw that F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S split triple twist that they did, it sealed the did. I watched. Still don't like the style, but their elements are unmatched.

That said, what the heck has happened with the pair world!?! These type of ugh programs will not be watched by the greats in the future, just ugh, bring back style, class, and elegance. Now it's just circus, circus, circus....

Custom Title
    V/T into first. 71.57

Custom Title
    V/T take it.

Tripping on the Podium
    Oh, I would have loved to see it. And they have 3 points more than S/S right?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Spun Silver View Post
    Found it, Gudrun. This is what was posted in the dance thread. http://www.hahasport.com/v-2/14/6/v-340656.html
    All I get is a black screen :(

Custom Title
    ps: not to insult the circus world (ala Cirque du Soleil), mind you, rather the pairs world insults the circus. Disgusting. But ah well, this too shall pass.

NOW ONTO THE MEN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
    As God is my witness I was going to not watch this RUS pair as soon as I saw those ugly motorcycle outfits. I said "ugh", they're just like the clown pair that came before them, but then when I saw that F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S split triple twist that they did, it sealed the did. I watched. Still don't like the style, but their elements are unmatched.

That said, what the heck has happened with the pair world!?! These type of ugh programs will not be watched by the greats in the future, just ugh, bring back style, class, and elegance. Now it's just circus, circus, circus....
    Totally agree. No more grace, no more elegance.
    The top 2 teams look gross and cheap. Just like the Zhangs when they first entered the scene. Big tricks, but unsatisfying. Oh well. True in bed, and true in skating.

Custom Title
    wow....first I have seen V/T this year. I thought they were great last year, but wow....they were superb tonight. I had the same reaction to the costumes as someone else above; but then I thought (after that amazing 3Twist) that maybe black makes great skating look even better! really nice job!

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    I respect S/S very much, but to my eye they are not nearly as magnificently trained or well packaged as V/T. (I totally disagree with Nadine on that!) Or maybe it's the program? I love the FP but don't get the point of the SP. V/T have that aura of winners this year.

S/S always seem to be such good friends. Nice to see.

Custom Title
    S/S have 69.82
    In fact I prefered S/S, but that is just because I much prefer S/S program over V/T's one.
    And I love that Canadian pair did NOT got the last place. Perhaps they will fight to be in 4th place....(I so much wish )
    Last edited by katia; 12-09-2011 at 09:02 PM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast