GPF 2011 Senior Pairs SP | Page 3 | Golden Skate

GPF 2011 Senior Pairs SP

Nadine

Record Breaker
This German pair remind me of the Alena Leonova of the pair world, specifically her. And that's all I have to say about that. ;)

FlattFan

Match Penalty
"cbcsportsmalcolm: If Janet Lynn had been a pairs skater...
CBCsportsPj: Malcolm do you see a resemblance between Aliona and Janet?
cbcsportsmalcolm: Remember the way Janet used to always skate with her head back, like she was sataring at the sky?"

LOL

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Why are they behind Z/Z?

I didn't watch Z/Z but K/S were subpar. Kurt noticed she was off during the warm up. She doubled her jump, might have 2 footed, twist throw not as high as usual, and they were behind the music.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
This German pair remind me of the Alena Leonova of the pair world, specifically her. And that's all I have to say about that. ;)

The Canadians aren't at all impressed, either.
CBCsportsPj: I find with them...they need to be 100% on...or else they are just ok....
DrJ:
Not a fan of the music. It's too slow or something for them.
Craig:
at least she's showing emotion this time. :)

emma

Record Breaker
I really love S/S - so innovative, creative, strong, gutsy.....but, I really thought I would never say this out loud too, but...I really find her beige boots super distracting, especially when she is wearing snow white...

Zhangs...never said this before, but, I love their short program! Wow. great for them. And she looks great - healthy, happy, focused. Nice to see.

Zhangs....adorable and oh, so much potential. I can't imagine what they might become; love them now too.

K/S....still processing. But nice short program...like the music and feel.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The field has definitely left the door open for Tanya & Maxim . . . will they walk through victoriously?

Gudrun

Rinkside
I think S/S's programme is just art on ice! And I just saw the result - what a huge difference. Let's see (or not *sighs) what the Russian pair will show!

Nadine

Record Breaker
As God is my witness I was going to not watch this RUS pair as soon as I saw those ugly motorcycle outfits. I said "ugh", they're just like the clown pair that came before them, but then when I saw that F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S split triple twist that they did, it sealed the did. I watched. Still don't like the style, but their elements are unmatched.

That said, what the heck has happened with the pair world!?! :confused: These type of ugh programs will not be watched by the greats in the future, just ugh, bring back style, class, and elegance. Now it's just circus, circus, circus....

Nadine

Record Breaker
ps: not to insult the circus world (ala Cirque du Soleil), mind you, rather the pairs world insults the circus. Disgusting. But ah well, this too shall pass. :)

NOW ONTO THE MEN!!!!!!!!!!!! :rock:

FlattFan

Match Penalty
As God is my witness I was going to not watch this RUS pair as soon as I saw those ugly motorcycle outfits. I said "ugh", they're just like the clown pair that came before them, but then when I saw that F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S split triple twist that they did, it sealed the did. I watched. Still don't like the style, but their elements are unmatched.

That said, what the heck has happened with the pair world!?! :confused: These type of ugh programs will not be watched by the greats in the future, just ugh, bring back style, class, and elegance. Now it's just circus, circus, circus....

Totally agree. No more grace, no more elegance.
The top 2 teams look gross and cheap. Just like the Zhangs when they first entered the scene. Big tricks, but unsatisfying. Oh well. True in bed, and true in skating. ;)

emma

Record Breaker
wow....first I have seen V/T this year. I thought they were great last year, but wow....they were superb tonight. I had the same reaction to the costumes as someone else above; but then I thought (after that amazing 3Twist) that maybe black makes great skating look even better! really nice job!

I respect S/S very much, but to my eye they are not nearly as magnificently trained or well packaged as V/T. (I totally disagree with Nadine on that!) Or maybe it's the program? I love the FP but don't get the point of the SP. V/T have that aura of winners this year.

S/S always seem to be such good friends. Nice to see.

katia

On the Ice
S/S have 69.82
In fact I prefered S/S, but that is just because I much prefer S/S program over V/T's one.
And I love that Canadian pair did NOT got the last place. Perhaps they will fight to be in 4th place....(I so much wish:) )

Last edited: