Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: GPF Men SP! :)

Custom Title
    I feel badly for Patrick ... a woman near the K & C was laughing about his fall, and the more they replayed it, the louder she laughed. Hope he has a good sense of humor.

Custom Title
    Thanks for the descriptions.

Quote Originally Posted by jaylee View Post
    I laughed too. And Patrick did too, after his performance. That was the strangest thing I have ever seen Patrick do.
    I think that's one of the strangest falls I've ever seen in skating, period. What cracked me up was that it looked like it would have been a completely flawless quad-triple, best I've ever seen him do, if only those damn boards weren't in the way.

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    The top three are not all that far apart. It looks like the FP will be a real contest.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by auser View Post
    I feel badly for Patrick ... a woman near the K & C was laughing about his fall, and the more they replayed it, the louder she laughed. Hope he has a good sense of humor.
    Don't worry, he's not just tough, he's a sense of humour too. Laughing at himself!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by auser View Post
    His coach called him Harvey Wallbanger after that.

Patrick will win and I just hope Javier gets a medal.

Custom Title
    Easily beatable by Zhenya, whom skates clean 99.9% of the time, ever since he hit the senior scene over a decade ago. The mark of a champion, not to mention a 3-time Olympic at that.

Still, the black out continues. *sigh* Ooops, scratch that, it just came back on, but showing pairs????

ps: just took a look at the scores, ahhh, just think if Jeremy was clean with a quad...

Custom Title
    Very interesting to see that Jeremy actually beat out Patrick on Interpretation, which is quite right. I'm glad the judges are finally giving him the artistic marks he deserves.

Custom Title
    Chan has a habit of messing up in the most WTH of ways. Always entertaining.

Custom Title
    Anyhow, good competition, but not great like Ali vs. Frazier, which I will watch again later on tonight.

Now onto tomorrow night's finale, hopefully with some clean skates from everyone.

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Jeremy tied Patrick in P/E and beat him in IN . . . great for Abbott! IMO, he should have beaten Patrick in CH too!

Tripping on the Podium
    thanks a lot for your comments!!!! I hope there'll be a feed tomorrow! Bye for now.

Custom Title
    Well, he does not have a quad so there is no real comparison. Patrick is by far the fastest skater out there. No one else does their transitions etc. with the same flow as him.

Custom Title
    wow...i dont' even know what to say! Best quad toe triple toe on record except for those darn boards! Jeremy looked fabulous....javi strikes me as a really renewed skater...this was fun! I feel for Dai. I thought he hit the quad and barely two footed it; but I guess I was wrong; and, I hate that he couldn't tack on at least a double just to have a combo.

So, I guess the true Dai/Chan and D/W-V/M show-downs will have to wait 'till worlds, but meanwhile, tomorrow (and Sunday) should be very exciting!

ETA Jan I totally agree, Chan is so fast it is almost crazy!

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast