SENIOR LADIES FREE SKATING Thread | Page 3 | Golden Skate

SENIOR LADIES FREE SKATING Thread

Nadine

Record Breaker
ps: and it's great to note that the audience attendance has improved greatly from the SP, full house, eh? :)

emma

Record Breaker
Not Akiko's best, but I still find her so appealing and pleasant to watch. Plus, I feel like she and her program are way more connected to the music than Leonova's....(not disrespect, she can jump, but I'm not feeling a lot of good choreo or interpretation, and she seems to skate at one speed - semi fast, without much variation).

Nadine

Record Breaker
Nope, even I won't go so far to say "it's skating while Russian", how about "skating while Asian". Yeah, you don't like it either, get my point.

lavender

Record Breaker
Not Akiko's best, but I still find her so appealing and pleasant to watch. Plus, I feel like she and her program are way more connected to the music than Leonova's....(not disrespect, she can jump, but I'm not feeling a lot of good choreo or interpretation, and she seems to skate at one speed - semi fast, without much variation).

Yeah I still don't get why Akiko's pcs aren't even further ahead of Alena.

Kissx3

Final Flight
Clear winner. She's just so excellent when she's on. I like how that costume accentuates her movements as well.

And Carolina does enough to win, despite a couple bobbles and missed points. I think.

She looked like such a thoroughbred out there in that costume. Love it!

skateflower

Match Penalty
Kostner's jump content is just laughable, 3t, 3s, 3loop and 2a??

This is another example of the stupidity of CoP. If you win by doing the simple jumps, why the hell would you need to try the harder ones?

Nadine

Record Breaker
Great job by Carolina! :cool:

But boy oh boy where did she get that outfit! IT'S HANDS DOWN MY FAVORITE, BAR NONE, THAT SHE HAS EVER WORN THROUGHOUT THE YEARS! :love: It & she look like Adelina Sotnikova's Bolero one times 1,000 with all the jewels, exquisite... :rock:

Into 1st by a mile. ;)

christinaskater

Medalist
Congratulations Carolina, Akiko and Alena!
WOW Carolina is now Grand Prix Final Champion!!!! She will be the one to beat for the Worlds!

Medusa

Record Breaker
Is this Japanese GPF rule still in place? If it is, I believe Akiko just qualified for World.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Not a great competition, just a good one, too many errors by all. Still, the right one won.

What I'm lamenting is the loss of the days of yore by the American Ladies. Tragic.

Shaba22

Final Flight
1 Carolina KOSTNER ITA 187.48 1 1
2 Akiko SUZUKI JPN 179.76 2 3
3 Alena LEONOVA RUS 176.42 3 4
4 Elizaveta TUKTAMISHEVA RUS 174.51 5 2
5 Alissa CZISNY USA 156.97 4 5

1 Carolina KOSTNER
ITA
187.48 1 1
2 Akiko SUZUKI
JPN
179.76 2 3
3 Alena LEONOVA
RUS
176.42 3 4
4 Elizaveta TUKTAMISHEVA
RUS
174.51 5 2
5 Alissa CZISNY
USA
156.97 4 5

christinaskater

Medalist
If Akiko skated flawlessly she would have won it and applied the pressure. She was in a great position for me, but I guess she felt nervous as well.

Nonetheless, congratulations Akiko Suzuki, ISU Grand Prix Final Silver Medalist!!!!

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Carolina is fabolous :clap:

Akikio is a dancer on ice :party2:

Alena is a fighter :rock:

congrats to them all...