SENIOR LADIES FREE SKATING Thread | Page 4 | Golden Skate

SENIOR LADIES FREE SKATING Thread

Just the FP:
1 Carolina KOSTNER ITA 121.05 55.83 65.22 8.25 7.86 8.00 8.36 8.29 0.00 #5
2 Elizaveta TUKTAMISHEVA RUS 119.52 63.86 55.66 7.11 6.46 7.18 6.96 7.07 0.00 #1
3 Akiko SUZUKI JPN 118.46 56.53 61.93 8.00 7.32 7.82 7.75 7.82 0.00 #4
4 Alena LEONOVA RUS 115.96 57.95 59.01 7.50 6.89 7.54 7.32 7.64 1.00 #3
5 Alissa CZISNY USA 96.67 40.22 58.45 7.71 6.82 6.93 7.39 7.68 2.00 #2
http://www.isuresults.com/results/gpf1112/SEG004.HTM

emma

Record Breaker
held my breath a little with Carolina (did she single her first double axle?) - but she did it! Looked great, has such an interesting program. Yeah, it could have more jump content; but funny how the only person to beat her so far has been Alissa. I like that she is skating well, and can't wait to see her at worlds!

It was PCS that won it for Carolina and that pushed Akiko over Alena. Rightly so in both cases. Tut had the highest tech by far but is still getting dinged in the PCS - more than she should, IMO. But I'm OK with gold and silver. I'd rather have Tut in 3rd.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm very sad for Alissa and to a much larger degree sad for Mao and her sister Mai too, but I am pleased with the podium results for the ladies. Kostner definitely deserved her victory here!

Lucky Star

Final Flight
held my breath a little with Carolina (did she single her first double axle?) - but she did it! Looked great, has such an interesting program. Yeah, it could have more jump content; but funny how the only person to beat her so far has been Alissa. I like that she is skating well, and can't wait to see her at worlds!

Actually Liza beat both in France :)

I think Carolina was overmarked today, even though she is a beautiful skater and deserved the highest PCS. But her technical score was too high for such a jump content, IMO

Mirunna

Record Breaker
I thought she singled it too. In fact I'm sure she did!

And then went on and landed a great 2A-3T combination! She held it together, I'm happy for her
She landed 6 ratified triple jumps today, including a 3F(with a a hand down), Miki won worlds with 5 triples so....

christinaskater

Medalist
Akiko is indeed the dancer on the ice!

Alena is the warrior on ice! She wants to win badly! Incredible determination and fight.

Carolina is the super model on ice!

Buttercup

Record Breaker
The total score is a new personal best for Kostner, finally replacing everyone's favorite Kostner event, 2008 Worlds. About time!

The costume was more along the lines of what I'd expect from Jenna McCorkell.

katia

On the Ice
Congratulations to the winners.
I am all right with the placements. I love Alena fighting style, Suzuki's skating and Carolina sophistication. AND I am glad that Tuktamisheva overall marks were worse then Alena :)

Last edited:
Well, congrats to the medalists. I'm sure Tut will learn from this and I hope Alissa's foot gets better (if that's what it is). Hopefully she'll get a little rest over Christmas!

Kostner's jump content is just laughable, 3t, 3s, 3loop and 2a??

This is another example of the stupidity of CoP. If you win by doing the simple jumps, why the hell would you need to try the harder ones?

That doesn't bother me so much. You do what you can and hope for the best.

What bothers me more when the skater has a big lead in the short program, then they get defensive in the LP instead of going for it.

Is this Japanese GPF rule still in place? If it is, I believe Akiko just qualified for World.

I don't think so. IIRC they changed it last year.

CARA

Final Flight
Country
United-States
...And she's wearing too much allusion fabric for such a young girl...

I have been hesitant to speak up, but I am too angry and disgusted not to address re: Liza's dress. :scowl:
That dress was downright inappropriate for any skaters but especially for such a young girl. Even with allusion fabric, lime green fabric barely covered one third of her upper body. Together with her very explicit make up, she looked like child molesters' fantasy come true. I am sorry to state such a shocking remark, but I am serious about this.

Her coach, Mishin ought to know better; otherwise he would look just like Joe Paternao, a new disgraced Penn State college football coach who had been allegedly complicit in his former staff, Sandusky's multiple child molestation for decades.

May they burn that dress and let it never to see the light of the day. I also wish that no persons upload Liza's FD performance - this is the kind videos that child molesters watch and fantasize their sick fantasies. And I'm saying this as a psychologist who have worked with victims and abusers alike.

Administrator - If this statement is too inciting, you are welcome to delete. Should you decide to do so, I understand.

emma

Record Breaker
Actually Liza beat both in France :)

I think Carolina was overmarked today, even though she is a beautiful skater and deserved the highest PCS. But her technical score was too high for such a jump content, IMO

oooppps - forgot that!

Gut reaction judging - i thought she scored about right. Anyway...always interesting to look at the protocols. Congrats to the medalists!

prettykeys

Medalist
Carolina is doing the interview with a French lady holding a mic...in French. :) She's struggling a little bit, but it's charming and sweet.

Congratulations to the winners. No objections from me here.

jettasian

Match Penalty
Just watched the women, overall, very weak field. It seems like anyone can win now if that person shows up to skate. Pretty boring field.

emma

Record Breaker
CARA - I agree about the dress, it bothered me a lot. The green is cool, it is the cut that I dislike (I dislike this even on ice dancers)....and they could still get the effect of the shape using lighter shades of green so as not to scream naked (although she isn't, but that is the effect now). anyway, she is quite the skater and I will enjoy watching her grow I hope over many, many years.

islandpaddler

On the Ice
Country
US-Virgin-Islands
I have been hesitant to speak up, but I am too angry and disgusted not to address re: Liza's dress. :scowl:
That dress was downright inappropriate for any skaters but especially for such a young girl. Even with allusion fabric, lime green fabric barely covered one third of her upper body. Together with her very explicit make up, she looked like child molesters' fantasy come true. I am sorry to state such a shocking remark, but I am serious about this.

Her coach, Mishin ought to know better; otherwise he would look just like Joe Paternao, a new disgraced Penn State college football coach who had been allegedly complicit in his former staff, Sandusky's multiple child molestation for decades.

May they burn that dress and let it never to see the light of the day. I also wish that no persons upload Liza's FD performance - this is the kind videos that child molesters watch and fantasize their sick fantasies. And I'm saying this as a psychologist who have worked with victims and abusers alike.

Administrator - If this statement is too inciting, you are welcome to delete. Should you decide to do so, I understand.

Cara, you said it very well. I was thinking those very same things. It was totally inappropriate for someone so young. And it wasn't flattering either.