SENIOR LADIES FREE SKATING Thread | Page 2 | Golden Skate

SENIOR LADIES FREE SKATING Thread

Kissx3

Final Flight
Very poor skate from Alissa. Liza may yet medal if one of the others falls apart as well.

Alissa locks last place. The jumps were awful. Two falls, one near fall, and a couple more iffy landings. And I don't care what Uncle Dick says, the beach ball arms have to go, LOL.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Too bad about Alissa, was just comparing the huge contrast between her & Elizaveta's style of skating, when kerplunk she fell. But didn't mind too much because I thought she would recover, as is the norm for her nowadays, and she did recover a bit, fought for the 3R, bur this has to be her worst outing thus far since her brand new consistency. Still, her level of overall skating is quite a stretch compared to Elizaveta's. Take note, young'un. :)

Btw, I hope I didn't jinx Alissa but liking her now :eek: , most likely her nerves were due to the tragic news of Mao's mother passing. Jmho.

emma

Record Breaker
really too bad for Alissa. The one good thing, though, is she fought through 'till the end.

Speculations? Is there something going one - injury, or something? She seemed off the whole comp. Hope she can bounce back strong!

Rachmaninoff

Final Flight
PJ said Alissa's takeoffs look odd, and thinks she might be dealing with an injury.

She did fight for those jumps throughout, I'll give her that.

Kissx3

Final Flight
Not a horrendous score considering. Hopefully she's able to just put this performance entirely behind her, she hasn't done that poorly in a couple of years. Apparently her foot has been bothering her.

Phobiamaster856

Rinkside
there was a practice vid of alissa here doing her long and her jumps weren't solid :(
Hoping nothing but the best for her for nationals!

Nadine

Record Breaker
Alena into 1st, just one minor fall, better presentation this time imho. Seems to be the only one that wants it. :)

Medusa

Record Breaker
Alena into 1st, just one minor fall, better presentation this time imho. Seems to be the only one that wants it. :)

What is a minor fall? She fell on the Lutz and pretty disruptively so. She also doubled another jump.

emma

Record Breaker
I was worried there might be an injury - it (or something awful) is written all over her face. I hated to see how sad she looked in the KnC too. Really hope she recovers (if it is injury) completely and quickly; and she can be proud that she fought through this, that takes guts!

Nadine

Record Breaker
Lol yeah I know a fall is a fall is a fall, but in COP it means absolutely NOTHING. :laugh: So be it...

Nadine

Record Breaker
Alena & Suzuki have very very similar style, somatypes, et al, this one is a tough one to call. It'll be close, but I give it to the latter by a hair. :)

Oh dear. This was far from Akiko's best. No falls, but several stepouts. Don't tell me Leonova could win this thing (if Carolina melts).