Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: SENIOR LADIES FREE SKATING Thread

Congrats to Caro, Akiko and Alena! Bumpy ladies competition but I agree with the placements. Loved Caro's costume.
    I felt bad for Alissa she looked so despondent in the K&C. Nice comeback for Elizaveta.

Quote Originally Posted by CARA View Post
    Please do read my comment again, for I am not comparing Mr. Mishin to Jerry Sandusky, an alleged child molester. Rather, I am comparing Mr. Mishin to Joe Paterno, a now disgraced Penn State coach, who was allegedly informed of molestation by his assistant coach and passed onto that information to his school official. Mr. Paterno might or might not be legally liable.
    I am well aware of what happened at Penn State and the vast difference between Mr. Patterno's actions and the crimes allegedly committed by Jerry Sandusky. I still find your original post inappropriate. Suggesting that allowing a skater to wear an age-inappropriate dress is even in the same league as not reporting the rape of a boy is way off the mark.

I admit that I might have reacted very strongly. I do not, however, apologize for my prior comment. Many law enforcement officers are aware of numerous sexualized children's photos, such as younger female gymnasts, and/or child pageant constestants, being hoarded by child molesters after successful raids. By the same token, Tuk being so petite, looked like a pre-adolescent child dressing up as an adult - just like the way certain child molesters prefer. This is precisely the reason why I dearly wish that her FD videos not be uploaded.
    Though it has nothing to do with this thread, which should be about the accomplishments of the talented skaters who competed yesterday, I'd like to add that you're essentially suggesting that because there are creepy evil pedophiles in the world, we should make sure nobody does anything that might set them off. Which is so wrong I don't even know where to start. This is the same type of thinking that leads to women and even little girls being subjected to ridiculous modesty restrictions in many cultures - because men supposedly can't control themselves otherwise.

If Liza wants to wear a tacky dress, that's her business, and at most, her mother's business. She's not the first teenager to wear revealing clothing in public. It's not even nearly as revealing as most swimsuits.

Custom Title
    Any inappropriate outfits young figure skaters have to wear are the least of the child abuse they endure for this sport.

Just sayin'.

Custom Title
    Just saw video with Elizaveta's LP and dress....and I must say, it's ghastly in concept, cut, and color. Not just inappropriate for her, but pretty much for any other skater of any age..unless you're in a production of Holiday H**kers on Ice. I know if someone tried to coerce me into wearing that thing on the ice, I would have told them to go pound sand! But then, I long ago stopped trying to figure out why Russian skaters in particular, seem to have the strangest cultural taste in costumes. And I'm not about to get into the argument about whether this costume provokes child predators or encourages loose morals.

I will say that for me, the costume did not enhance but distracted me from her skating and her program. And I'm likely not the only one. When the costume detracts from what you're trying to accomplish on the ice, it means you probably need a wardrobe rethink.

Elizaveta's outfit was really awful!! It made the outfits that Tat gave to Mao seem pretty okay in comparison.

too bad! She's my favorite skater!

Down With It
    You know, I wasn't even paying attention to the costume. I don't even care about such stuff most of the time. (Having said that, I did notice Kostner had a much different FS outfit- didn't know what that thing was, but that's beside the point- I only notice if it stands out)

I just try to watch the skating.

Banned
    You people are funny. In ballroom dancing girls start wearing open dresses and make-up much earlier than 14yo. Nobody calls it the propaganda of pedophilism molestation of the childhood. If someone gets "excited" in that special way, they need either a shrink or, if they act, a procecutor. Please, don't try to put somebody else's mental or/and criminal problem on a FS coach or a skater.

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    You people are funny. In ballroom dancing girls start wearing open dresses and make-up much earlier than 14yo. Nobody calls it the propaganda of pedophilism molestation of the childhood. If someone gets "excited" in that special way, they need either a shrink or, if they act, a procecutor. Please, don't try to put somebody else's mental or/and criminal problem on a FS coach or a skater.
    BOOM!

Besides, the high-profile cases receiving media attention now, including the Sandusky case which I'm following, deal with molestation of BOYS...far different than the context of this thread. That's all I will say on this matter, hope we move on to something more interesting now.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post

Custom Title
    Quite a high quality event. Good to see. I dont mind Kostner winning even with her 80ish content when she skates like that. She is one of the fastest and most exciting skaters ever when she is on, yet is beautiful with wonderful lines and musicality at the same time.

Custom Title
    Why did most of the skaters change their outfits? It seemed odd. Liza's dress WAS age appropriate, however it was a horribly garish color.

I'm more in mourning for Alissa's result. I am glad she sustained the injury during practice instead of before the competition and forcing herself to compete. I hope this does not damage her confidence at nationals or the judge's opinion of her for world's. Carolina was not good today, and looked tired. If Alissa is healthy and competes against a Carolina like that at world's, Alissa will easily win.

Custom Title
    Yes a healthy Alissa will easily beat someone who still posted a significantly higher 2 program point total than she ever has in her whole career internationally, when she is inconsistent even while healthy to boot. Also when Kostner could easily skate alot better too. Tremendously logical conclusion.

Tripping on the Podium
    Jost saw part of the women's coompetition on NBC and sorry folks I just can't get into Carolina Kostner. Her arm movements are jerky and her whole demeanor is on the clumsy side. When she sticks her arm out to the side so fast I thought she was reaching for a towel or something. Absolutely no grace at all!!! Yes I know she is fast or, so they say, I didn't see her being faster than other skaters, but fast doesn't make for gracefullness. I think between the men and the ladies competitions they were both pre-determined. Who "owns" those judges.

Jo1 - TV cameras have a way of deceiving one's sense of distance and speed... I missed the ladies so I can't comment on this competition in particular, but those that have seen her live have always noted how much faster she is than the majority of the field.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast