Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: SENIOR LADIES FREE SKATING Thread

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Just the FP:
    1 Carolina KOSTNER ITA 121.05 55.83 65.22 8.25 7.86 8.00 8.36 8.29 0.00 #5
    2 Elizaveta TUKTAMISHEVA RUS 119.52 63.86 55.66 7.11 6.46 7.18 6.96 7.07 0.00 #1
    3 Akiko SUZUKI JPN 118.46 56.53 61.93 8.00 7.32 7.82 7.75 7.82 0.00 #4
    4 Alena LEONOVA RUS 115.96 57.95 59.01 7.50 6.89 7.54 7.32 7.64 1.00 #3
    5 Alissa CZISNY USA 96.67 40.22 58.45 7.71 6.82 6.93 7.39 7.68 2.00 #2
    http://www.isuresults.com/results/gpf1112/SEG004.HTM

Custom Title
    held my breath a little with Carolina (did she single her first double axle?) - but she did it! Looked great, has such an interesting program. Yeah, it could have more jump content; but funny how the only person to beat her so far has been Alissa. I like that she is skating well, and can't wait to see her at worlds!

It was PCS that won it for Carolina and that pushed Akiko over Alena. Rightly so in both cases. Tut had the highest tech by far but is still getting dinged in the PCS - more than she should, IMO. But I'm OK with gold and silver. I'd rather have Tut in 3rd.

I thought she singled it too. In fact I'm sure she did!

On the Ice
    I'm so happy for Carolina and Akiko Just ..liked Akiko's and Liza's old dresses better

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    I'm very sad for Alissa and to a much larger degree sad for Mao and her sister Mai too, but I am pleased with the podium results for the ladies. Kostner definitely deserved her victory here!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by emma View Post
    held my breath a little with Carolina (did she single her first double axle?) - but she did it! Looked great, has such an interesting program. Yeah, it could have more jump content; but funny how the only person to beat her so far has been Alissa. I like that she is skating well, and can't wait to see her at worlds!
    Actually Liza beat both in France

I think Carolina was overmarked today, even though she is a beautiful skater and deserved the highest PCS. But her technical score was too high for such a jump content, IMO

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Spun Silver View Post
    I thought she singled it too. In fact I'm sure she did!
    And then went on and landed a great 2A-3T combination! She held it together, I'm happy for her
    She landed 6 ratified triple jumps today, including a 3F(with a a hand down), Miki won worlds with 5 triples so....

Akiko is indeed the dancer on the ice!

Alena is the warrior on ice! She wants to win badly! Incredible determination and fight.

Carolina is the super model on ice!

The total score is a new personal best for Kostner, finally replacing everyone's favorite Kostner event, 2008 Worlds. About time!

The costume was more along the lines of what I'd expect from Jenna McCorkell.

Custom Title
    Congratulations to the winners.
    I am all right with the placements. I love Alena fighting style, Suzuki's skating and Carolina sophistication. AND I am glad that Tuktamisheva overall marks were worse then Alena
    Last edited by katia; 12-10-2011 at 04:49 PM.

Well, congrats to the medalists. I'm sure Tut will learn from this and I hope Alissa's foot gets better (if that's what it is). Hopefully she'll get a little rest over Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by skateflower View Post
    Kostner's jump content is just laughable, 3t, 3s, 3loop and 2a??

This is another example of the stupidity of CoP. If you win by doing the simple jumps, why the hell would you need to try the harder ones?
    That doesn't bother me so much. You do what you can and hope for the best.

What bothers me more when the skater has a big lead in the short program, then they get defensive in the LP instead of going for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    Is this Japanese GPF rule still in place? If it is, I believe Akiko just qualified for World.
    I don't think so. IIRC they changed it last year.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
    ...And she's wearing too much allusion fabric for such a young girl...
    I have been hesitant to speak up, but I am too angry and disgusted not to address re: Liza's dress.
    That dress was downright inappropriate for any skaters but especially for such a young girl. Even with allusion fabric, lime green fabric barely covered one third of her upper body. Together with her very explicit make up, she looked like child molesters' fantasy come true. I am sorry to state such a shocking remark, but I am serious about this.

Her coach, Mishin ought to know better; otherwise he would look just like Joe Paternao, a new disgraced Penn State college football coach who had been allegedly complicit in his former staff, Sandusky's multiple child molestation for decades.

May they burn that dress and let it never to see the light of the day. I also wish that no persons upload Liza's FD performance - this is the kind videos that child molesters watch and fantasize their sick fantasies. And I'm saying this as a psychologist who have worked with victims and abusers alike.

Administrator - If this statement is too inciting, you are welcome to delete. Should you decide to do so, I understand.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
    Actually Liza beat both in France

I think Carolina was overmarked today, even though she is a beautiful skater and deserved the highest PCS. But her technical score was too high for such a jump content, IMO
    oooppps - forgot that!

Gut reaction judging - i thought she scored about right. Anyway...always interesting to look at the protocols. Congrats to the medalists!

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast