Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: SENIOR LADIES FREE SKATING Thread

can't come down to Earth prettykeys's Avatar
    Carolina is doing the interview with a French lady holding a mic...in French. She's struggling a little bit, but it's charming and sweet.

Congratulations to the winners. No objections from me here.

Banned
    Just watched the women, overall, very weak field. It seems like anyone can win now if that person shows up to skate. Pretty boring field.

If Julia Lipnitskaia was competing here, she would win the bronze by the slimmest of margins from silver hehehe

Custom Title
    CARA - I agree about the dress, it bothered me a lot. The green is cool, it is the cut that I dislike (I dislike this even on ice dancers)....and they could still get the effect of the shape using lighter shades of green so as not to scream naked (although she isn't, but that is the effect now). anyway, she is quite the skater and I will enjoy watching her grow I hope over many, many years.

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by CARA View Post
    I have been hesitant to speak up, but I am too angry and disgusted not to address re: Liza's dress.
    That dress was downright inappropriate for any skaters but especially for such a young girl. Even with allusion fabric, lime green fabric barely covered one third of her upper body. Together with her very explicit make up, she looked like child molesters' fantasy come true. I am sorry to state such a shocking remark, but I am serious about this.

Her coach, Mishin ought to know better; otherwise he would look just like Joe Paternao, a new disgraced Penn State college football coach who had been allegedly complicit in his former staff, Sandusky's multiple child molestation for decades.

May they burn that dress and let it never to see the light of the day. I also wish that no persons upload Liza's FD performance - this is the kind videos that child molesters watch and fantasize their sick fantasies. And I'm saying this as a psychologist who have worked with victims and abusers alike.

Administrator - If this statement is too inciting, you are welcome to delete. Should you decide to do so, I understand.

Cara, you said it very well. I was thinking those very same things. It was totally inappropriate for someone so young. And it wasn't flattering either.

Banned
    Except for Alena's placement, I'm okay with the gold and silver medalists. However, the field is astonishingly weak. Look at the jumps those top 4 Jr. ladies have done. All have tried very difficult 7 jump layouts, and mostly succeeded.

Custom Title
    Miss Mao, and Yuna...

Quote Originally Posted by emma View Post
    CARA - I agree about the dress, it bothered me a lot. The green is cool, it is the cut that I dislike (I dislike this even on ice dancers)....and they could still get the effect of the shape using lighter shades of green so as not to scream naked (although she isn't, but that is the effect now). anyway, she is quite the skater and I will enjoy watching her grow I hope over many, many years.
    I don't like the outfit for the short program much more either - dressing a 14-year-old in a sexy black Tango dress + the make-up and some phony Tango moves, that often even look silly on women in their twenties - because Tango is a dance that basically screams maturity, at least in my book. I really prefer the youthful programs for the youthful skaters. I think Murakami, Nagasu and also Kim (except that Roxanne program, but even that was bearable) are good examples for skaters who had relatively youthful age-appropriate programs and outfits in their early years on the scene.

More or less: more is more sequinsgalore's Avatar
    Has Alena Leonova been working on a true triple lutz? I know she fell on it, but still...

Custom Title
    "I am too angry and disgusted not to address re: Liza's dress."
    Frankly, I even did not notice it. I just enjoyed her skating. But you may be right, it was not appropriate for someone that young. However I loved the green colour.

Quote Originally Posted by CARA View Post
    I have been hesitant to speak up, but I am too angry and disgusted not to address re: Liza's dress.
    That dress was downright inappropriate for any skaters but especially for such a young girl. Even with allusion fabric, lime green fabric barely covered one third of her upper body. Together with her very explicit make up, she looked like child molesters' fantasy come true. I am sorry to state such a shocking remark, but I am serious about this.

Her coach, Mishin ought to know better; otherwise he would look just like Joe Paternao, a new disgraced Penn State college football coach who had been allegedly complicit in his former staff, Sandusky's multiple child molestation for decades.
    I find the dress tacky and not age appropriate, but the comparison to the events at Penn State is completely out of line. The events there were horrifying and tragic. There's no parallel that can or should be drawn.

I do think the dress is inappropriate but for everyone, not just little girls. And I think it's pretty ugly as well. She shouldn't try to look so grown up right now. Her last dress was really nice- she looked fully covered, the red color fit her, and it was very sparkly. I don't see why she would change it to something like that.

However, I am really happy for Tuktamysheva for getting into the finals. I would like to see her in third place but she has a lot of time to learn and get better and will hopefully return to the final in years to come and then win. She has already done a lot and this season has been more than successful for her. It's a little early right now. But I'd love to see her become a top skater soon.

Custom Title
    Akiko did two 3lutzes without a combination, but did she do the same with 3loop? If she did, how much points did she miss altogether?

Custom Title
    Pretty poor competition!

I've expected more from Alissa and Carolina.

Alissa's jumps were a total mess (she doesn't lift up, has no speed going in and out of the jumps etc etc etc .. horrible technique) and Carolina was off-axis on every jump except the 2A-3T and had to hold on to the landings (like we have seen her do the past years). Even that opening Loop which she performed so spectacular at the beginning of the season was jerky. If she tries her jump layout from two years ago (1 Lutz, 2 Flips) we see the usual Kostner falling at least 2 times in a program.

Yuna: coma back!
    Mao: We're sorry for what has happend. Please make your mother proud in the future

Custom Title
    Addendum:

It's pretty low blaming Mr. Mishin for that dress. After all he is just her coach, but the lady sitting in the K&C is the one responsible for the other half. If you got an issue, take it up with her. But it's a low blow to compare Mishin to a convicted child molester/pedeophile. *thumbs down*

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast