Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: SENIOR LADIES FREE SKATING Thread

Comparing Mishin to a child molester is downright disrespectful and totally uncalled for! Shame on you! :sheesh:

Does it maybe occur to some of you that there is a clash of cultures here? The fashion among a lot of girls/young women in Russia is a lot different than in North America for example. Anyway...

The ladies skated well this evening.

On the Ice
    Cara didn't compare Mishin to the child molester. She compared him to the guy who knew about the molestation and did nothing to stop it.

Banned
    Congrats to Carolina, truly deserved it !!!
    and Im beginning to warm up to Alena, even though still has problems you can she has determination

Liza's dress was terrible on the other hand, glad she bounced back at LP
    although she still had errors I think she was rushing her jumps too much
    off topic, Adelina won Zagreb and Lisa 4th so lets see how they do battling again each other at Nationals

I think Alissa should take a chance and skate to music that is more rousing or has a driving beat. Maybe this would give her more oomph going into her jumps than the pretty-girl music that she is so comfortable with.

On the Ice
    An article on IN says that Alissa sustained a calf injury while practicing triple flip in practice...I hope she recovers soon!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by skateflower View Post
    Kostner's jump content is just laughable, 3t, 3s, 3loop and 2a??

This is another example of the stupidity of CoP. If you win by doing the simple jumps, why the hell would you need to try the harder ones?
    You miss a few ones! she did 3L, 3F, 2A+3T, 3T+2T,3S,3S+2T that's a total of 6 triples and the only one missing is the 3Lz on witch she is working. Ok, today there were not the flawless landings she had yesterday, but she was by far the most enjoyable skater out there.

Hate really Tuktamishevas dress. Couldn't enjoy her skate being distract by that. In any case her pcs were not to low at all, she has to work on that and improve.

loved the podium

Quote Originally Posted by ILoveFigures View Post
    Comparing Mishin to a child molester is downright disrespectful and totally uncalled for! Shame on you! :sheesh:

Does it maybe occur to some of you that there is a clash of cultures here? The fashion among a lot of girls/young women in Russia is a lot different than in North America for example. Anyway...

The ladies skated well this evening.
    No, I'm sure in Russia that would be unacceptable as well.

Quote Originally Posted by DianaSelene View Post
    No, I'm sure in Russia that would be unacceptable as well.
    Well, then you obviously haven't been to Russia for the last few years.

I hope all the mature women here, professionals and mothers of young girls see that the sexualization of young women through clothing, makeup and shoes is rampant in western cultures. There is no excuse for the revealing costumes in figure skating (especially competition). I hope you register these sentiments in a Russian forum or Liza's website if she has one. Her team should not try to make her look 30. She may have a mature style and all, but she is a child. Remember how age appropriate MK, Irina were? Look at the clothing in the stores. Teenagers now wear things hookers were known for 20 years ago. While I am not sure where the blame lies in her team,it is a shame that people don't make the connection to early sexual intercourse, teen pregnancies, low self-esteem seen in girls that are pushed from puberty into current styles. Sex sells, but at what price?

Obviously, older, mature posters will see these trends and understand the connection. I feel Liza is a great skater, and while they want her to look like a 'Lady skater'- this is not the way. Classiness, elegance, age appropriate costumes are favored by judges, at least I hope. It is an important issue, far more impt. than most skater discussions. Thank you Cara for having courage to speak up.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by skateluvr View Post
    I hope all the mature women here, professionals and mothers of young girls see that the sexualization of young women through clothing, makeup and shoes is rampant in western cultures. There is no excuse for the revealing costumes in figure skating (especially competition). I hope you register these sentiments in a Russian forum or Liza's website if she has one. Her team should not try to make her look 30. She may have a mature style and all, but she is a child. Remember how age appropriate MK, Irina were? Look at the clothing in the stores. Teenagers now wear things hookers were known for 20 years ago. While I am not sure where the blame lies in her team,it is a shame that people don't make the connection to early sexual intercourse, teen pregnancies, low self-esteem seen in girls that are pushed from puberty into current styles. Sex sells, but at what price?

Obviously, older, mature posters will see these trends and understand the connection. I feel Liza is a great skater, and while they want her to look like a 'Lady skater'- this is not the way. Classiness, elegance, age appropriate costumes are favored by judges, at least I hope. It is an important issue, far more impt. than most skater discussions. Thank you Cara for having courage to speak up.
    In America you sell guns to everyone but if a young girl tries to look pretty you talk about child molestation. You go!

Pruuuuuude!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Itcaip View Post
    In America you sell guns to everyone but if a young girl tries to look pretty you talk about child molestation. You go!

Pruuuuuude!
    Surely your position could have been worded in a more intelligent, mature manner. The post you were responding to is a great example of how to discuss controversial subjects like an adult.

Quote Originally Posted by ILoveFigures View Post
    Well, then you obviously haven't been to Russia for the last few years.
    You're wrong. I actually was.

And I actually know how Russians dress because I happen to be one. So don't make assumptions when you see one Russian girl dressed inappropriately.
    Last edited by DianaSelene; 12-10-2011 at 07:54 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by MrScroogeMcDuck View Post
    Surely your position could have been worded in a more intelligent, mature manner. The post you were responding to is a great example of how to discuss controversial subjects like an adult.
    There is nothing wrong with the costume. The phrase "the sexualization of young women" always depends on your cultural background.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Itcaip View Post
    There is nothing wrong with the costume. The phrase "the sexualization of young women" always depends on your cultural background.
    And why are you replying with this? I was commenting on the way you worded your post. "You go!" and "prude" were childish.

Quote Originally Posted by DianaSelene View Post
    You're wrong. I actually was.

And I actually know how Russians dress because I happen to be one. So don't make assumptions when you see one Russian girl dressed inappropriately.
    I'm not making assumptions. :P Right now I have a feeling there is a wide age gap between the two of us or something. :P

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast