Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 194

Thread: SENIOR LADIES FREE SKATING Thread

  1. #91
    Comparing Mishin to a child molester is downright disrespectful and totally uncalled for! Shame on you! :sheesh:

    Does it maybe occur to some of you that there is a clash of cultures here? The fashion among a lot of girls/young women in Russia is a lot different than in North America for example. Anyway...

    The ladies skated well this evening.

  2. #92
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    46
    Cara didn't compare Mishin to the child molester. She compared him to the guy who knew about the molestation and did nothing to stop it.

  3. #93
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,379
    Congrats to Carolina, truly deserved it !!!
    and Im beginning to warm up to Alena, even though still has problems you can she has determination

    Liza's dress was terrible on the other hand, glad she bounced back at LP
    although she still had errors I think she was rushing her jumps too much
    off topic, Adelina won Zagreb and Lisa 4th so lets see how they do battling again each other at Nationals

  4. #94
    Custom Title Mathman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    27,963
    I think Alissa should take a chance and skate to music that is more rousing or has a driving beat. Maybe this would give her more oomph going into her jumps than the pretty-girl music that she is so comfortable with.

  5. #95
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    44
    An article on IN says that Alissa sustained a calf injury while practicing triple flip in practice...I hope she recovers soon!

  6. #96
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    160
    Quote Originally Posted by skateflower View Post
    Kostner's jump content is just laughable, 3t, 3s, 3loop and 2a??

    This is another example of the stupidity of CoP. If you win by doing the simple jumps, why the hell would you need to try the harder ones?
    You miss a few ones! she did 3L, 3F, 2A+3T, 3T+2T,3S,3S+2T that's a total of 6 triples and the only one missing is the 3Lz on witch she is working. Ok, today there were not the flawless landings she had yesterday, but she was by far the most enjoyable skater out there.

    Hate really Tuktamishevas dress. Couldn't enjoy her skate being distract by that. In any case her pcs were not to low at all, she has to work on that and improve.

    loved the podium

  7. #97
    Custom Title DianaSelene's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,191
    Quote Originally Posted by ILoveFigures View Post
    Comparing Mishin to a child molester is downright disrespectful and totally uncalled for! Shame on you! :sheesh:

    Does it maybe occur to some of you that there is a clash of cultures here? The fashion among a lot of girls/young women in Russia is a lot different than in North America for example. Anyway...

    The ladies skated well this evening.
    No, I'm sure in Russia that would be unacceptable as well.

  8. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by DianaSelene View Post
    No, I'm sure in Russia that would be unacceptable as well.
    Well, then you obviously haven't been to Russia for the last few years.

  9. #99
    Custom Title skateluvr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,578
    I hope all the mature women here, professionals and mothers of young girls see that the sexualization of young women through clothing, makeup and shoes is rampant in western cultures. There is no excuse for the revealing costumes in figure skating (especially competition). I hope you register these sentiments in a Russian forum or Liza's website if she has one. Her team should not try to make her look 30. She may have a mature style and all, but she is a child. Remember how age appropriate MK, Irina were? Look at the clothing in the stores. Teenagers now wear things hookers were known for 20 years ago. While I am not sure where the blame lies in her team,it is a shame that people don't make the connection to early sexual intercourse, teen pregnancies, low self-esteem seen in girls that are pushed from puberty into current styles. Sex sells, but at what price?

    Obviously, older, mature posters will see these trends and understand the connection. I feel Liza is a great skater, and while they want her to look like a 'Lady skater'- this is not the way. Classiness, elegance, age appropriate costumes are favored by judges, at least I hope. It is an important issue, far more impt. than most skater discussions. Thank you Cara for having courage to speak up.

  10. #100
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    184
    Quote Originally Posted by skateluvr View Post
    I hope all the mature women here, professionals and mothers of young girls see that the sexualization of young women through clothing, makeup and shoes is rampant in western cultures. There is no excuse for the revealing costumes in figure skating (especially competition). I hope you register these sentiments in a Russian forum or Liza's website if she has one. Her team should not try to make her look 30. She may have a mature style and all, but she is a child. Remember how age appropriate MK, Irina were? Look at the clothing in the stores. Teenagers now wear things hookers were known for 20 years ago. While I am not sure where the blame lies in her team,it is a shame that people don't make the connection to early sexual intercourse, teen pregnancies, low self-esteem seen in girls that are pushed from puberty into current styles. Sex sells, but at what price?

    Obviously, older, mature posters will see these trends and understand the connection. I feel Liza is a great skater, and while they want her to look like a 'Lady skater'- this is not the way. Classiness, elegance, age appropriate costumes are favored by judges, at least I hope. It is an important issue, far more impt. than most skater discussions. Thank you Cara for having courage to speak up.
    In America you sell guns to everyone but if a young girl tries to look pretty you talk about child molestation. You go!

    Pruuuuuude!

  11. #101
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    243
    Quote Originally Posted by Itcaip View Post
    In America you sell guns to everyone but if a young girl tries to look pretty you talk about child molestation. You go!

    Pruuuuuude!
    Surely your position could have been worded in a more intelligent, mature manner. The post you were responding to is a great example of how to discuss controversial subjects like an adult.

  12. #102
    Custom Title DianaSelene's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,191
    Quote Originally Posted by ILoveFigures View Post
    Well, then you obviously haven't been to Russia for the last few years.
    You're wrong. I actually was.

    And I actually know how Russians dress because I happen to be one. So don't make assumptions when you see one Russian girl dressed inappropriately.
    Last edited by DianaSelene; 12-10-2011 at 07:54 PM.

  13. #103
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    184
    Quote Originally Posted by MrScroogeMcDuck View Post
    Surely your position could have been worded in a more intelligent, mature manner. The post you were responding to is a great example of how to discuss controversial subjects like an adult.
    There is nothing wrong with the costume. The phrase "the sexualization of young women" always depends on your cultural background.

  14. #104
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    243
    Quote Originally Posted by Itcaip View Post
    There is nothing wrong with the costume. The phrase "the sexualization of young women" always depends on your cultural background.
    And why are you replying with this? I was commenting on the way you worded your post. "You go!" and "prude" were childish.

  15. #105
    Quote Originally Posted by DianaSelene View Post
    You're wrong. I actually was.

    And I actually know how Russians dress because I happen to be one. So don't make assumptions when you see one Russian girl dressed inappropriately.
    I'm not making assumptions. :P Right now I have a feeling there is a wide age gap between the two of us or something. :P

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •