Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: SENIOR LADIES FREE SKATING Thread

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by CARA View Post
    I guess I'm discussing child exploitation. There is the fine line when adults push a talented child to dress her beyond her age in the name of "winning at any cost."

Also, as I mentioned above, the ugly reality is that molesters love watching sexualized children's vids. Why oblige them and give them more opportunites?

But it's about sports!! And in order to improve her overall impression she tried a new dress. When in Rome do as the Romans do.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Itcaip View Post
    But it's about sports!! And in order to improve her overall impression she tried a new dress. When in Rome do as the Romans do.
    Just because it is sports does not justify child expoitation. There is a reason for the minimum age qualification to be eligible for senior division; I wish GP and worlds coodinate and make it the same age eligibility requirement.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by CARA View Post
    Just because it is sports does not justify child expoitation. There is a reason for the minimum age qualification to be eligible for senior division; I wish GP and worlds coodinate and make it the same age eligibility requirement.
    Okay!

Custom Title
    Getting back to the skating, I'm sorry to hear that Alissa didn't do well. It's distressing that her less-than-stellar showing might be due to an injury. Hope she can heal and not aggravate it in the time left before Nationals and then Worlds.

I don't remember which poster suggested that Alissa use something with a crisper rhythm than the "pretty girl music" (lovely phrase!) that she's currently using. I'm inclined to agree. I'd love to see her skate to something more forceful. But right now, I'd just love to see her skate!

It's great that Carolina and Akiko did well. I hope this result puts Akiko on the Japanese world team, though I also deeply hope Mao is on that team. And now on to the men!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    Getting back to the skating, I'm sorry to hear that Alissa didn't do well. It's distressing that her less-than-stellar showing might be due to an injury. Hope she can heal and not aggravate it in the time left before Nationals and then Worlds.

I don't remember which poster suggested that Alissa use something with a crisper rhythm than the "pretty girl music" (lovely phrase!) that she's currently using. I'm inclined to agree. I'd love to see her skate to something more forceful. But right now, I'd just love to see her skate!

It's great that Carolina and Akiko did well. I hope this result puts Akiko on the Japanese world team, though I also deeply hope Mao is on that team. And now on to the men!
    ITA. Now back to figure skating.

Custom Title
    Alissa did sustain a calf injury while performing a triple flip during practice. Article up on IN. Wishing her a speedy recovery in time for Nationals in my hometown in San Jose!

Custom Title
    Oh, golly. I just visited the Men's thread. We think we're yelling here? It's real fractious over there. I have to get a view of the men's long programs to see what all the fuss is about. Maybe I'll just go and cower over in Ice Dance.

Down With It
    Quite sloppily skated event in general. No one impressed me.

Even Tuktamisheva was off her game- seemed stiff, nervous, and lacking spark. Kostner was her usual bleh self. And Bad Alyssa seems to have found her way back to the surface. Complete disaster for Czisny- but if there is a positive out of it, may take off a bit of the pressure she'll be dealing with at Nationals.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Carolina has been wearing short dresses with non existent skirts since I dont remember, ever. Everybody was commenting on that. I ve seen many skaters with deep cuts, I dont find Liza dress so much provoking, it is a latin theme program, she is not wearing that everytime, last year her lp she was wearing a long sleeved black with close back while her oriental sp was more light.. But nevertheless, the new lp dress I dont like it at all for any age, liked the color but not the cuts. Her old red dress was beautiful. And I dont like much the tango one dress too. But I doubt Mishin has a word about her costumes but anyway...if you dont know how her team works (i dont) it is better not to speculate.

I m glad Carolina won, what a year for her! Akiko was the most amazing for me. And bravo to Liza for the comeback from the sp.

Quote Originally Posted by R.D. View Post
    Quite sloppily skated event in general. No one impressed me.

Even Tuktamisheva was off her game- seemed stiff, nervous, and lacking spark. Kostner was her usual bleh self. And Bad Alyssa seems to have found her way back to the surface. Complete disaster for Czisny- but if there is a positive out of it, may take off a bit of the pressure she'll be dealing with at Nationals.
    I was thinking the same thing. Better here than San Jose.

Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    Oh, golly. I just visited the Men's thread. We think we're yelling here? It's real fractious over there. I have to get a view of the men's long programs to see what all the fuss is about. Maybe I'll just go and cower over in Ice Dance.
    Well, pedophilia can certainly be a heated subject, but not as much as Patrick Chan's marks.

(Who'd have ever thought 10-15 years ago that ice dance might be the least controversial event to talk about?)

Custom Title
    I have the feeling that the new scoring system is destroying the sport today :(
    It's boring to see Kostner win easily the Senior ladies with a jump content of a Novice ladies.
    I prefer watching skater who try all the jump content like Akiko and Elizaveta (To me, they are more enjoyable to watch and they deserve to be credit for trying the difficulty)

I miss Mao, Yu-Na, Joannie and Sasha
    Something is missing in the ladies field today ...
    Last edited by coolboogie22; 12-10-2011 at 10:45 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachmaninoff View Post
    (Who'd have ever thought 10-15 years ago that ice dance might be the least controversial event to talk about?)
    So true!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by coolboogie22 View Post
    ...I miss Mao, Yu-Na, Joannie and Sasha. Something is missing in the ladies field today ...
    Aside from costume controversy, I agree with your sentiments. I miss Mao and Yu-Na.
    Lady's event had so much more to discuss back then.

I miss the days when we got to talk about Japan-Korea controversy rather than child molestation.
    Last edited by CARA; 12-10-2011 at 11:00 PM.

Custom Title
    I agree that the dress was inappropriate. It was too bare-looking. On a more mature skater, I would have called it vulgar. But it is not child exploitation! There was plenty of illusion cloth. It was no worse than Sarah Hughes' wedgie at the 2002 Olympics. And I loved the white boots!

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast