Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: GPF Men FP, Sat. 12/10 at 4:55 pm EST

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by aniela View Post
    Plush
    Thanks.

Ridiculous judging indeed!

Why do I even bother??

Chan's skating is beautiful, but this overscore even when he has a bunch of errors is just

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    I guess Daisuke lost it in the SP. Shame.

I loved the way Patrick interpreted his program, yet this was far from dazzling.

I'm heartsick for Jeremy. That would have been utterly magnificent without the falls. Who would think this corny young man would be such a great artist?

Overall, though, what a great competition. So much talent and so many "wow" moments. Way to go, guys!

Custom Title
    I am disappointed with the results, I don't think Patrick deserved his score...and to win actually. But oh well, based on the scoring system alone, Patrick would definitely get more than 162.....so it was his crown to lose tonight. *sigh* But everyone skated very well! I am proud of every single skater

Like subtlety in ice dancing Serious Business's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hikaru View Post
    He has credit stored? lol I've been following him (not stalker-like, just his scores, and how he is doing) and while of course he was unpolished, I could see that he had a lot of talent, he has elevated his ranking a lot, and now that he is training in another environment, he's just getting better. I think Morozov gave him personality, and Orser is just bringing out what a great skater he is. I think we'll see great things from him.

Honestly I can't think of corruption from the Spanish FS Fed, it is not that big of a sport, and it is because of Javi, Sara/Adria and Sonia that it is starting to pick up.
    Javier has been more polished than he used to be, I think, at least in all the movement above the skate. But the skate to ice contact bit, the actual skating, it's just not up there with the rest of this great field of skaters (and many others). Maybe the extra polish helps his PCS, although it shouldn't help his SS that much.

As for the Spanish federation, I'm sure they're busy enough trying to increase participation and excitement about the sport in Spain without having to do any backroom deals. And really, that goes for any federation unless there's concrete evidence of corruption.

Custom Title
    Wow couldn't they pretend and have him at least lose the long program. This is why this is no longer my fav sport.

Rinkside
    Not arguing that Chan shouldn't have won. But come on now, 87 for PCS? That's definitely not an 87 kind of performance. I would have put Chan's PCS behind Jeremy's, superior SS and all.

Medalist
    How incredibly disappointing. Not that PC won, because he deserved that by winning the SP handily. But with at LEAST 2 stronger LP performances, he still wins that portion too. This just makes it harder to defend my love of this "sport" to my casual-viewing friends...

Custom Title
    I've never been a fan of Pluschenko. However...I'm beginning to root for him to come back for Worlds, skate clean with those huge jumps (which I was in awe of the one time I saw him live in spite of not being a fan) and pat Chan on the head from the top step of the podium.

Custom Title
    Chan's ability to pull points out of mistake-ridden programs is a mystery. He should hold an ISU seminar on it.

But having said that this is the first program of Chan's that I've liked there's a mesmerizing quality to the way the choreography melts into the music that is beautiful. I hope he skates it cleanly at least once this season.

Custom Title
    I haven't seen the programs and I'm assuming that Chan won with a flawed program--again. I have to wonder--will public reaction to this eventually lead to a change in the IJS similar to the devaluation of figures in 1972?

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Hopefully, these judges receive lumps of coal for Christmas, if anything at all. BAD, BAD, BAD!!!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Spun Silver View Post
    I guess Daisuke lost it in the SP. Shame.

I loved the way Patrick interpreted his program, yet this was far from dazzling.

I'm heartsick for Jeremy. That would have been utterly magnificent without the falls. Who would think this corny young man would be such a great artist?

Overall, though, what a great competition. So much talent and so many "wow" moments. Way to go, guys!
    Dai didn't just lose it in the SP, Chan won the FS too.
    Poor Jeremy though he was going to well then...

Custom Title
    Yes!!!!!! I haven't watched any yet. But good for you, Patrick!!! Lift that maple leaf flag and do the victory lap!!!

Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast