Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 496

Thread: GPF Men FP, Sat. 12/10 at 4:55 pm EST

  1. #151
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    403
    Actually, Patrick DOES deserve a SB because he didn't splat all over the place like he did at Skate Canada and TEB. I'm still surprised by the technical score, though he did have strong running edges on the jumps he did do well, attempted two quads, completed two triple-triple combos, and had fast spins and footwork.

  2. #152
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    311
    Quote Originally Posted by missysays View Post
    Hahahaha that's a great summation.

    But having said that this is the first program of Chan's that I've liked there's a mesmerizing quality to the way the choreography melts into the music that is beautiful. I hope he skates it cleanly at least once this season.
    haha, that's mission impossible.

  3. #153
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    135
    Quote Originally Posted by skateflower View Post
    173 pts! He's not even excited.
    Quote Originally Posted by aniela View Post
    173. it's a joke
    oh, yall didnt get the memo that by 2014 we must have 00's in the score so 200 is the main goal, at least that's my interpretation. the scoring they believe is the reason for lack of interest, at least they assume for US fans.

    200 is the new 6.0.

  4. #154
    Custom Title demarinis5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,050
    Congrats to Patrick, Dai and Jav. So happy for Dai coming from behind and winning the Silver. Dai, Hanyu and Jav were just fabulous tonight.
    Looking forward to seeing the protocols.

  5. #155
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    243
    Quote Originally Posted by jenaj View Post
    I haven't seen the programs and I'm assuming that Chan won with a flawed program--again. I have to wonder--will public reaction to this eventually lead to a change in the IJS similar to the devaluation of figures in 1972?
    Only if the others start stepping it up with the politics. Canada has been ridiculously good these past few years in that area. It is infuriating, but it will be corrected eventually.

  6. #156
    Keeper of the Kweens OGM. MK's Winter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    659
    I can see Chan taking the title because of the lead in the Short but to win the Free?! Sometimes I feel Cop destroys skating more than it helps it

  7. #157
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    571
    O well. I don't care about the results that much because the baby skated his best out there minus the landing of the 3S!! And he can count his combos! I was getting worried when he did his 2nd 3Lutz in combo too because at CoR he did the loop in combo (don't wanna zayak ) Will we get to see all of them at the exhibition gala?

  8. #158
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,035
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    This cannot be called a sport anymore. A hoax maybe, but not a sport.
    I am okay with Patrick winning since he had a 10 point lead over Daisuke....but getting a 173...just an insult to Daisuke's beautiful and almost flawless performance :S Patrick's jumps were not that steady....I just can't digest his win in the LP even if I look at the score sheet.

  9. #159
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    552
    Yay, another Chan win, another chanflation controversy on this board. LOL

  10. #160
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    198
    Of all the performance tonight, I like Jeremy's best, so lyric, connections to the music, too bad about the jumps. I think the judges lowballed him once again. I find Dai a bit less life, he doesn't seem to get into it until the second half. And I'm very surprised to see the praises about Hanyu, he basically died during the second half again, no energy whatsoever, but the judges still rewarded him. Combined with Hanyu's COR scores, I think the Japanese federation is trying to push him upfront since Oda is doubtful this season and they need three men for the world.

  11. #161
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,035
    Quote Originally Posted by demarinis5 View Post
    Congrats to Patrick, Dai and Jav. So happy for Dai coming from behind and winning the Silver. Dai, Hanyu and Jav were just fabulous tonight.
    Looking forward to seeing the protocols.
    Haha sometimes I wonder if Hanyu is destined to be "fourth" - last year at NHK, Japanese Nationals, this year at Cup of China, and now Grand Prix Final. I am positive with time he'll fight his way to First!

    I disagree with him losing "gas", I noticed he was trying to perserve energy so he doesn't run out of gas in the second half. I believe he worked nicely for him, although he wasn't' as up beat as before. :P

  12. #162
    Figure Skating Fan Hikaru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Panama
    Posts
    854
    Quote Originally Posted by lavender View Post
    I think of Takashi Honda program when Chan skates this. Love Honda's version.
    OOOOOOH!!! that's why the outfit seemed familiar to me... I've been asking myself, "Pat reminds me of someone but whom???" You are right, finally I solved that.

  13. #163
    Like subtlety in ice dancing Serious Business's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,452
    lol wow, so this is going to be an unpopular opinion here. But I thought this was the best Patrick skated this FS all season. Aside from the three jump problems, he was stronger, faster and bolder than I've ever seen him. And the jumps he didn't screw up on looked better than ever. The 3loop he did was just plain explosive. Really, outside the mistakes, this is the best Patrick has skated to me.

  14. #164
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    571
    Quote Originally Posted by apple123 View Post
    Of all the performance tonight, I like Jeremy's best, so lyric, connections to the music, too bad about the jumps. I think the judges lowballed him once again. I find Dai a bit less life, he doesn't seem to get into it until the second half. And I'm very surprised to see the praises about Hanyu, he basically died during the second half again, no energy whatsoever, but the judges still rewarded him. Combined with Hanyu's COR scores, I think the Japanese federation is trying to push him upfront since Oda is doubtful this season and they need three men for the world.
    They did not reward him... did you see Hanyu's PCS scores...all Hanyu did was rotate and do all his jumps just like Patrick.

  15. #165
    Custom Title demarinis5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,050
    Quote Originally Posted by jettasian View Post
    Yay, another Chan win, another chanflation controversy on this board. LOL
    Not just this board. I think I will stay out of the Men's thread for a few days. lol

Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •