Page 14 of 34 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Thread: GPF Men FP, Sat. 12/10 at 4:55 pm EST

Quote Originally Posted by Becki View Post
    If Patrick skated a clean program, and got that score, then I would give him thumbs up! But he didn't....and it's just so sad that with such a strong field with such strong skates, Patrick still manages to "win" with a flawed performance. Of course, he has the highest base value for his elements, and his PC score - it's always in the high range. He's literally set up for success even if he doesn't execute a clean program. I find it sad sometimes...'cause others can perform so well, yet Patrick still wins. Oh well, this is just purely my opinion - don't mean to offend anyone.
    I agree...I thought I'd see a better skate from Chan tonight and I would have been fine with him winning the free without the mistakes, but I don't like to see this kind of performance winning, no matter who does it. The components marks always seem so close together for a given skater; they should be judged separately. I really don't see how Chan had the best interpretation or performance/execution in particular. Yeah, he's got fantastic skating skills and transitions...so why does that automatically mean he gets the highest PCS across the board?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by skateflower View Post
    There's nothing to be excited about when you know they'll overmark Chan. To be honest, I want him to fall over and over but still win. In the end, I wish they could come up lwith a 'Chan' rule to penalize messy and corrupt judging.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Becki View Post
    Example: People that don't think Patrick should have won do not understand the sport. Everything he does is so much harder and better than enyone else.
    LOL. That sounds like some people on this forum at times. Some of us do understand the rules and COP quite well, thank you very much.

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    This type of judging just cements the further demise of figure skating. The general public doesn't understand it and neither do the majority of skating fans and skating commentators. It's quite sad.

About the judge that gave Takahashi a 5.50 in transitions, he must have got the Joe Inman memo. At least he came up to 6.75 for choreography. Now if Takahashi can just make better use of the music he might come up to a 7.0.

Speaking of music, Javier's was the best. Anyone who skates to "Ta-rah-rah-BOOM-de-ay" has got my vote -- if only for the reason that it rhymes with "Sweet sugar FU-mi-e!" (my fave of time gone by. )

Quote Originally Posted by Serious Business
    Really, outside the mistakes, this is the best Patrick has skated to me.
    True, true. And except for the mistakes the Detroit Lions beat the New Orleans Saints last week in football.

Edited to add}: I hate this autocorrect feature that changes "Inman" to "Unman" and "have" to "have" without me knowing it. How do I turn this feature off?

See? There it goes again. I meant, changes "fave" to "have."
    Last edited by Mathman; 12-10-2011 at 06:55 PM.

Thumbs up Mens long program GPF

Wasn't that EPIC!!!!!!

1st- Patrick Chan
    2nd- Daisuke Takahashi
    3rd- Javier Fernandez

What was your favourite moment?
    Did the placements pan out the way you hoped/predicted?
    Who did you think should have won?

... now I'm going to go back outside and continue painting a portrait of Dai on my rink and reminice on that gorgeous program

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    This type of judging just cements the further demise of figure skating. The general public doesn't understand it and neither do the majority of skating fans and skating commentators. It's quite sad.
    I just can't agree more. To make a sport more popular, the fans have to understand it, let alone spectators. I think that's why Hockey is so much more popular in Canada, I don't get that frustrated over a lose because I understand why =_=

Custom Title
    I never understood PCS. Never will. We might as well abolish PCS, bring back the artistic presentation section, and a completely separate Compulsory type session to judge skating skills.

Banned
    scandalous judging again.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    I'd agree with you on that. What puzzles me the most is the way the PCS are judged according to skater. What constitutes a 7 in INT vs an 8.5 in INT. But then again the thing I've come to accept about this sport no matter what type of scoring system is that most of the score is determined by the taste of the judges.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachmaninoff View Post
    I agree...I thought I'd see a better skate from Chan tonight and I would have been fine with him winning the free without the mistakes, but I don't like to see this kind of performance winning, no matter who does it. The components marks always seem so close together for a given skater; they should be judged separately. I really don't see how Chan had the best interpretation or performance/execution in particular. Yeah, he's got fantastic skating skills and transitions...so why does that automatically mean he gets the highest PCS across the board?
    I never understood the PCS...it's so subjective :S I mean someone giving Daisuke a 5.50 on transitions, while other judges are giving him at least a 7.50 =S I have nothing against Patrick, just frustrated with how CoP works....

Custom Title
    Oh, it was something else, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    What a complete joke. This was actually a great competition, and then you get such judging, you just want to beat your head against the wall. I can understand Patrick winning based on the SP score, but for him to beat Daisuke is just an insult. It's not like Patrick is the only skater with great skating skills. Arguably, Daisuke shows far better interpretation, musicality and performance.

In the protocols, one judge gave Dai scores in the 5s and 6s. He or she needs to be investigated NOW.

Do you think it could be a mistake? That is really ridiculous. I hope that Dai's camp questions those marks.

Yeah! Lets get this party started. enlight78's Avatar
    Some of you guys are so biased. One only deserve to when if like there style and they are the cleanest. For the basic principle of COP has be the same since the beginning. Who ever does the most and earn the most points when. No matter how many mistakes. Patrick did two quads, tripla axel and triple triple, Once again difficulty wins- No else did more tonight. As soon as people can get over the chip of spotless programs on their shoulder understand when people are pushing their limits they won't be perfect they can start enjoying the program and stop hating on people who are being rewarded for pushin the limits of what they can do.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by demarinis5 View Post
    [/B]

Do you think it could be a mistake? That is really ridiculous. I hope that Dai's camp questions those marks.
    Doesn't that mark get dropped?

Page 14 of 34 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast