Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Thread: GPF Men FP, Sat. 12/10 at 4:55 pm EST

Custom Title
    Here is the thing about PCS. In theory, it isn't such a bad idea to divide it up that way. And judges do get training in what each component means. But there are other factors involved here and PCS is a great way for certain games to be played.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by enlight78 View Post
    Some of you guys are so biased. One only deserve to when if like there style and they are the cleanest. For the basic principle of COP has be the same since the beginning. Who ever does the most and earn the most points when. No matter how many mistakes. Patrick did two quads, tripla axel and triple triple, Once again difficulty wins- No else did more tonight. As soon as people can get over the chip of spotless programs on their shoulder understand when people are pushing their limits they won't be perfect they can start enjoying the program and stop hating on people who are being rewarded for pushin the limits of what they can do.
    But isn't that just the TES part of the COP? I would argue that Dai, Hanyu, and Javier did just as much difficulty in the terms you are putting it as Chan. It's reflected in their TES score. What about the PCS?
    Last edited by FTnoona; 12-10-2011 at 06:50 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    This type of judging just cements the further demise of figure skating. The general public doesn't understand it and neither do the majority of skating fans and skating commentators. It's quite sad.

I don't know how can someone call this a sport, at least in men's figure skating. It's a complete joke. This robbery is totally ruining the excitement and any good reason we find to watch figure skating. How many times Patrick Chan needs to fall in order to lose to anybody, even to a fantastic skater like Daisuke nowadays? He can fall 1, 2, even 3 times and he ALWAYS wins, no matter how he and the others perform. And this happened SO MANY times. There's no need to make competitions, the results are already decided. They should already give all the golds to Pchiddy until Sochi . He can fall 3 times, mess up all the jumps, it doesn't matter, the judges always find a way. 87+ PCS, +2 and +3 in everthing (unless he falls), and there you go, a 170+ score. Looks like RG and the russians, but it's getting even worse.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonardo View Post
    I don't know how can someone call this a sport, at least in men's figure skating. It's a complete joke. This robbery is totally ruining the excitement and any good reason we find to watch figure skating. How many times Patrick Chan needs to fall in order to lose to anybody, even to a fantastic skater like Daisuke nowadays? He can fall 1, 2, even 3 times and he ALWAYS wins, no matter how he and the others perform. And this happened SO MANY times. There's no need to make competitions, the results are already decided. They should already give all the golds to Pchiddy until Sochi . He can fall 3 times, mess up all the jumps, it doesn't matter, the judges always find a way. 87+ PCS, +2 and +3 in everthing (unless he falls), and there you go, a 170+ score. Looks like RG and the russians, but it's getting even worse.
    Sadly, this is how I feel too :S It's hard not to feel that way when you're just watching it as a spectator. I do have a basic understanding of CoP, but it has ruined the beauty of figure skating for me.

Banned
    . Patrick did two quads, tripla axel and triple triple, Once again difficulty wins- No else did more tonight. As soon as people can get over the chip of .
    It's just so laughable that you make it sound Chan did something extraordinary tonight in terms of difficulty. Chan did two flawed quads, only 1 3A. The gold standard in men's LP is 2 3A.
    The spanish kid landed cleanly 2 types of quads, 2 3As!
    The Japanish kid landed 1 clean quad, 2 clean 3As.
    Takahashi landed 1 flawed quad, 2 clean 3As!

Custom Title
    I loved Yuzuru's performance tonight! he was a real fighter! I loved his cute reaction at the end. He can only get better with time ^_^

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildstorm View Post
    Wasn't that EPIC!!!!!!

1st- Patrick Chan
    2nd- Daisuke Takahashi
    3rd- Javier Fernandez

What was your favourite moment?
    Did the placements pan out the way you hoped/predicted?
    Who did you think should have won?

... now I'm going to go back outside and continue painting a portrait of Dai on my rink and reminice on that gorgeous program
    Haha there's another thread dicussing the GPF in competitions folder. This is like the Skate Canada results, just reverse second and third. I really hope Daisuke would win, but oh well, you don't have to find the GPF to be a champion in our hearts I loved his performance, his program....he just took my breathe away. PChan lacked that spark :(

Yeah! Lets get this party started. enlight78's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skateflower View Post
    It's just so laughable that you make it sound Chan did something extraordinary tonight in terms of difficulty. Chan did two flawed quads, only 1 3A. The gold standard in men's LP is 2 3A.
    The spanish kid landed cleanly 2 types of quads, 2 3As!
    The Japanish kid landed 1 clean quad, 2 clean 3As.
    Takahashi landed 1 flawed quad, 2 clean 3As!
    That is my point exacatly.He did just as much difficulty if not more as they did yet people are upset he scored about the same as they did te's. And nobody was clean. Yet people feel robbed the pratrick won

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by demarinis5 View Post
    [/B]

Do you think it could be a mistake? That is really ridiculous. I hope that Dai's camp questions those marks.
    Doubtful. The 5.5 was for Transitions and the 6.75 was for Choreo. The other marks by that judge for Dai were higher, but still relatively low. (7.75 for SS) One low mark could be a mistake. A set of such marks, whether deserved or not, is intentional.
    Last edited by MrScroogeMcDuck; 12-10-2011 at 07:09 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Becki View Post
    I loved Yuzuru's performance tonight! he was a real fighter! I loved his cute reaction at the end. He can only get better with time ^_^
    Ita. I loved how he laughed at himself watching his reaction in the end of that program. So cute (and johnny wier-ish haha)!

Quote Originally Posted by Wildstorm View Post
    Wasn't that EPIC!!!!!!

1st- Patrick Chan
    2nd- Daisuke Takahashi
    3rd- Javier Fernandez

What was your favourite moment?
    Did the placements pan out the way you hoped/predicted?
    Who did you think should have won?

... now I'm going to go back outside and continue painting a portrait of Dai on my rink and reminice on that gorgeous program
    Well, I won't spoil your enthusiasm That was a great night. One great skate after another. Even with the mistakes, the skaters really gave it their all. Javier is very quickly becoming my favourite skater, and Daisuke's program is so fabulous. Abbott and Hanyu had beautiful skates too. Their mistakes didn't stop me from enjoying them. Patrick was a bit of a let down after all that, but I can't quibble too much with his scores. Disappointing that Daisuke didn't at least win the long, but it wouldn't have been enough to catch up anyway.

This was all great to see after the ladies, who seemed so hesitant and nervous in comparison.

I hope you'll do like me and try to avoid reading all the raging around here. Don't let it spoil your enjoyment :D
    Last edited by mmcdermott; 12-10-2011 at 07:05 PM.

Banned
    That is my point exacatly.He did just as much difficulty if not more as they did yet people are upset he scored about the same as they did te's. And nobody was clean. Yet people feel robbed the pratrick won
    Because other skaters were much cleaner than him. He botched two quads and fell! again on a triple. Takahashi's only mistake was a hand-down on the quad.

Thanks for posting, Leonardo. Welcome to the forum. (I hope future competitions turn out happier for you. )

Custom Title
    Right man won the competition, wrong man won the free skate.

Super happy for the great performances of Yuzuru, Daisuke, and Javier, and really happy Jeremy managed to land the 4T (with positive GOE, mostly!) and improve on his previous performances of that program. Actually, this is the first GPF in a very long time where every single guy tried at least one quad in the long, and 5/6 went for one in the short. Since it comes along with really great skating, performances, and complex, interesting programs, that makes me really pleased. Not thrilled about the judging, but I think the sport is heading in a good direction.

Tripping on the Podium
    [QUOTE=Leonardo;600017]I don't know how can someone call this a sport, at least in men's figure skating. It's a complete joke. This robbery is totally ruining the excitement and any good reason we find to watch figure skating. How many times Patrick Chan needs to fall in order to lose to anybody, even to a fantastic skater like Daisuke nowadays? He can fall 1, 2, even 3 times and he ALWAYS wins, no matter how he and the others perform. And this happened SO MANY times. There's no need to make competitions, the results are already decided. They should already give all the golds to Pchiddy until Sochi . He can fall 3 times, mess up all the jumps, it doesn't matter, the judges always find a way. 87+ PCS, +2 and +3 in everthing (unless he falls), and there you go, a 170+ score. Looks like RG and the russians, but it's getting even worse.

Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast